Colorado Babies

Deciding on Hospital in the Springs

I just moved here- I'm trying to decide where I should be seen in Colorado Springs, Memorial Hospital and Penrose- St. Francis. i Have looked at each hospitals websites- tomorro I plan on visiting both Hospitals but I'm wondering if there's anyone who has had personal experience with the hospitals... this is my 1st pregnancy and I want to make it a good one :)

Re: Deciding on Hospital in the Springs

• I had my son at memorial on boulder in February. My experience was great! The nurses were amazing because ill be honest. I was terrified and had no clue what I was doing haha 
  • I delivered at St. Francis Medical Center on Woodmen back in August.  It was simply amazing.  The nurses in the birth center, the mom/baby wing, and the NICU were just terrific.  They took care of me, my daughter, and my husband (when he needed it, since our baby was 4 weeks early). What was great is the fact that they have all of these classes that you can take if you are pregnant for the first time or you have had a few kids.  You really have to have a doctor attached to one or the other hospital here in town.  My OBGYN is located at Sisters Grove Pavillion (which is attached to St. Francis), so she can't deliver at Memorial.  You want to look into that, too.  I've heard great things about Memorial North, too. 
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Today is always fresh, with no mistakes in it--Anne Shirley, Anne of Green Gables
  • Loading the player...
  • I am delivering at the end of the month at st.francis off woodmen and powers! I first off love my doctor who is affiliated with that hospital.. I'd recommend academy women's health care associates. It's attached to the hospital so it's convenient and they're AMAZING!!!! 

I toured the hospital and everyone seems amazing too. They're very pro breast feeding and offer great options, a bath, intermittent monitoring, hep locks, everything that makes a labor easier and less "hospitally" they encourage!!  

• I had my baby at Memorial off Briargate last year.  I had a wonderful experience.  I do not know if anything has changed since they became part of the University of Colorado.
    Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
    Married 1/2/99.
    TTC since 4/09.
    Diagnosed PCOS. Diagnosed Hypothryoid 11/09.
    SHG & SA normal. PCOS Research study started 5/10.
    Clomid/Femara cycle #1 - 6/10 = BFN
    Clomid/Femara cycle #2 - 7/10 = BFP #1 - Missed miscarriage 9/2/10
    11/12 - BFP #2 - 11/22 - m/c
    5/1/11 - BFP #3 - Pre-eclampsia, IUGR & bed rest from 32w. DD born via induction 1/4/12.
  • imagedianabeth20:
    I had my son at memorial on boulder in February. My experience was great! The nurses were amazing because ill be honest. I was terrified and had no clue what I was doing haha 
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • imagedianabeth20:
    I had my son at memorial on boulder in February. My experience was great! The nurses were amazing because ill be honest. I was terrified and had no clue what I was doing haha 
  • i dont know why my computer is being crazy.... that was supposed to say:  do you mind messaging me what doc you used?  i am assigned a general doc on fort carson, but i live right by memorial and would rather be seen there, so im going to try and talk to tricare about getting off post.  thanks!
  • I am a FTM as well and I went to Penrose-St Francis on Woodmen and Powers and LOVED it!!!!  Very quiet, staff is incredible and rooms are large. 
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"