Babies: 0 - 3 Months

How long for your LOs cord stump?

DD is 5 wks 2 days and her cord stump has yet to fall off. There's no irritation or anything, and it looks like its working it's way out, but we were expecting it to fall off a couple of weeks ago. About how long did it take your LOs stump to fall off? Is five weeks a weirdly long time?

Re: How long for your LOs cord stump?

• My DS's fell off within 5 days. Has it been damp at all? I think 5 weeks is a long time but I don't know for sure. 
  • 5 weeks seems long. Have you asked the pediatrician?
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • My DD is 1 week old and the doctor checked it today and said he expects it to fall of within a week.
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
  • That is kind of a long time. DS and DD 2's came off around one week. For DD1, the hospital used some blue dye on her cord after she was born to prevent infection and hers took longer, maybe 3 weeks to fall off. Our pedi said that using the blue dye seems to make it take longer did they use that on your DD?
    TTC#1 = Success on Cycle#19 with Clomid/trigger/b2b IUIs; beta#1 (15dpiui) 200, #2 (18dpiui) 433, #3 (22dpiui) 2356; TTC#2 = Surprise BFP 9/2009; TTC#3 = m/c at 6 wks, 10/29/11; BFP#2 4/1/2012... Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • For DD, 5 or 6 weeks. For DS, 2.5 weeks.

as long as you keep it dry and its not stinky or rotting, its fine. 

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • imagelaura1:
    That is kind of a long time. DS and DD 2's came off around one week. For DD1, the hospital used some blue dye on her cord after she was born to prevent infection and hers took longer, maybe 3 weeks to fall off. Our pedi said that using the blue dye seems to make it take longer did they use that on your DD?

Yes, they did use the dye. It's definitely dried out, it just seems to be hanging on for dear life. Our next appointment isn't for a few weeks, so maybe I'll call tomorrow. It's doesn't look weird at all, and there doesn't seem to be any irritation, so maybe it's just taking forever. 

• two weeks for my little lady
  • 2 weeks for DS and 2.5 weeks for DD. The blue dye was used both times.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • MY DD's stump fell off at 4 weeks.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • My LO's fell of within the first couple of days we were home. I would check with our pedi because 5 weeks seems kinda long, and i would try some rubbing alcohol, that's what we used and it seemed to work. Even though some pedi's say it doesn't change anything. LOL!!!
    3/3/2007: I said "yes" to dinner and a movie 12/09/2008: I said "Of course" to his proposal 07/17/2011: We said "I do for life" 03/22/2012: We found out we were have a miracle, 12/12/2012: We welcomed our beautiful daughter Madison Elizabeth: 6lbs 11oz, 21in at 40 weeks 0days at 11:46 p.m
  • My lo was almost 2 weeks
  • I know it was less than 10 days but he had a clot of left that the pedi just removed with tissue.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • imagemabenner1:
    5 weeks seems long. Have you asked the pediatrician?

This. DS 's fell off at 11 days. 

Henry Cavill...You're welcome!

BFP #3: EDD 1/10/13 **DS born 12/30/12!!!**
    BFP #2: MC 7/2/11 @ 12 weeks
    **Missing our February '12 LoveBug**
    BFP #1: MMC discovered on 12/6/10

Anniversary

• DSs finally fell off around 7 weeks. I thought it was strange too! Nothing was infected, the nurses said when he was born that he had a thick cord and it may take longer to lose the stump. His cute little belly button looks perfectly fine and cute now!
    -LJ
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • My son's fell off within 5 days.
  • Dds took 5 weeks. The pedi said she must have had an extra thick and healthy cord :) I hadn't been told to use alcohol at the hospital but she said I could start. I wouldn't worry unless it gets red and irritated.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic

• 6 days.. I think that was on the early side though
  • 19 days. DS1'a took about that long too.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• 3 weeks for our LO
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"