Babies on the Brain

Are all PNVs created equally?

I have been taking the Nature Made brand of PNV and am about out. Are there PNVs out there that are better than others?
BabyFruit Ticker

Re: Are all PNVs created equally?

• They're all pretty much the same, some have DHA included and some don't, though. I recommend Target brand pnvs, they don't have the dba though.
  • I take Target, too.  I like to take them at night before I got to bed. No worries about stomach issues.  And they are inexpensive.
    Me:37 DH:40 Married 7/2009 TTC since 5/2012 
    BFP 4/2013, Our Christmas Miracle Due 12/18/2013
  • Loading the player...
  • imageGnomeSweetGnome:
    They're all pretty much the same, some have DHA included and some don't, though. I recommend Target brand pnvs, they don't have the dba though.

I disagree, I don't believe they are created equal.

One big difference are tablets vs. capsules and there has been some research regarding the absorbency of the two. I've heard that capsules can be absorb faster into your system. While tablets on the other hand sometimes do not absorb fast enough, and you are sometimes just paying for something you are not getting the full affect of.

https://www.ehow.com/facts_5692426_vitamins-caplet-form-vs_-capsule.html

I prefer Sisu brand PNV: https://www.sisu.com/sisu/products/product.jsp?category=700&sub=701&id=95 

Married 11/21/2018

Me: 33 / DH: 33

TTC #1 since 2012, finally successful in 2016

BFP 11/29/2013 - EDD 8/9/2014 - MMC 12/31/2013 8 weeks 2 days - Tried to MC naturally for 4 weeks, D&C 2/2/2014

IUI 01/25/2016 - BFP 2/5/2016 - Natural Home Delivery to our DD 10/8/2016

IUD removed 10/3/2018 

Ready to TTC for #2

TTGP Siggy Challenge-Thanksgiving Dinner Fails:
  • I take prescription because they have more folic acid.
  • When i went to OB-GYN they wrote me a script for Nestabs DHA, I just said, duh, okay.
  • imagePugMum:

imageGnomeSweetGnome:
    They're all pretty much the same, some have DHA included and some don't, though. I recommend Target brand pnvs, they don't have the dba though.

I disagree, I don't believe they are created equal.

One big difference are tablets vs. capsules and there has been some research regarding the absorbency of the two. I've heard that capsules can be absorb faster into your system. While tablets on the other hand sometimes do not absorb fast enough, and you are sometimes just paying for something you are not getting the full affect of.

https://www.ehow.com/facts_5692426_vitamins-caplet-form-vs_-capsule.html

I prefer Sisu brand PNV: https://www.sisu.com/sisu/products/product.jsp?category=700&sub=701&id=95 

I would not agree with this exactly. The main difference in prenatals is what they contain. For some people who are deficient in certain vitamins, they require certain amounts of vitamins and therefore require a specific prenatal. For example, the amount of folic acid and iron varies among prenatals. Some prenatals do contain DHA and some do not. Again it comes down to what they contain. Although capsules can absorb faster, it does not necessarily mean you aren't going to absorb all the nutrients you need from tablets. Even if you took a capsule, your body may still not be absorbing everything. 

E 03.10
    H 11.11
    C 08.13

Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • I like to buy the CVS brand prenatals because they often have them BOGO

BabyFetus Ticker
  • I like the Target ones. I heard good things from other Bumpies, and my sis-in-law took them for both her pregnancies so I just went with that. Plus they're cheap :)
    image    image

With the possible exception of the equator, everything begins somewhere. - C.S.Lewis

• I like the gummies because I'm better about taking them in that format (yeah...I'm a grown up). But the iron and folic acid issues for PNV weren't a big deal for me since I already take iron supplements for my anemia and my diet is already really high in folic acid.
    BabyFetus Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"