Stay at Home Moms

Mom's of 3...come in (you guys have been paged a lot lately)...

We have agreed to go for number 3 this month. I have always said I wanted 3 and that much hasn't changed. But, all of a sudden I am scared.to.death. I know in the long run I will regret it if I don't have one more, but I am nervous as all get out.  Mainly about the pregnancy, not so much about having another baby.  I don't even know what I am asking really...
Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
Lilypie Second Birthday tickers m/c 01-07-10

Re: Mom's of 3...come in (you guys have been paged a lot lately)...

• So the PG w/ my 3rd kicked my ass the most.  To be SO tired and have my oldest no longer nap sucked.  I dozed on the couch almost daily while she sat at my feet.

Having a 4 yo and a newborn sucked.  My 4 yo was always in the baby's face, trying to help and causing more harm.  If your oldest will be in school, that is honestly the best situation.  I had to take Dylan into the bathroom with me while I shower to keep her away from Alex (and lock the door) which is something because our bathroom bearly has room to turn around.

What else?  I needed a stroller to keep my 2 yo, 4 yo and newborn all together.  Yes, I babywore in the summer months, which made it easy to have the other two in the stroller, but then when winter came, my oldest was in school and I put the carseat in the stroller.

I thought the transition to 3 was very easy.  Now that 2 are in school and the 3rd is potty trained, life is a lot easier.

Good Luck!

• imageArnegard:

So the PG w/ my 3rd kicked my ass the most.  To be SO tired and have my oldest no longer nap sucked.  I dozed on the couch almost daily while she sat at my feet.

Having a 4 yo and a newborn sucked.  My 4 yo was always in the baby's face, trying to help and causing more harm.  If your oldest will be in school, that is honestly the best situation.  I had to take Dylan into the bathroom with me while I shower to keep her away from Alex (and lock the door) which is something because our bathroom bearly has room to turn around.

What else?  I needed a stroller to keep my 2 yo, 4 yo and newborn all together.  Yes, I babywore in the summer months, which made it easy to have the other two in the stroller, but then when winter came, my oldest was in school and I put the carseat in the stroller.

I thought the transition to 3 was very easy.  Now that 2 are in school and the 3rd is potty trained, life is a lot easier.

Good Luck!

Yes, my oldest would be in Kinder when the baby is born (need to update my ticker). 

I keep trying to think long term - long term I know what I want my family to look like and there is definitley a third there. Short term it scares me because life has gotten pretty easy here lately...

• Loading the player...
  • I just wanted to say good luck! We have number three on the way and I have no clue what life is going to be like. My oldest will be starting kindergarten and my DD will be starting prek so hopefully that helps.

I have heard some say the transition from 1 to 2 was harder than 2 to 3 and some say the opposite. I am sure it's different for everyone
    DS 3.12.08
    DD 7.11.09
    DD 8.01.13
  • imageeaglesfan700:
    I just wanted to say good luck! We have number three on the way and I have no clue what life is going to be like. My oldest will be starting kindergarten and my DD will be starting prek so hopefully that helps. I have heard some say the transition from 1 to 2 was harder than 2 to 3 and some say the opposite. I am sure it's different for everyone

Oh, yours are very similar in age to mine!  I need to just go for it and quit thinking about it. :) have you found pregnancy a lot harder this time?

• I will only be 13 weeks tomorrow, but so far it's been fine! I had a little nausea without ever actually getting sick, but it passed quickly. My energy has been good, still able to do my normal gym routine. I start to feel it around 5 or 6pm

I do worry when I am super pg in the summer and H is working late and I have to do baths for both of them. My h works late normally and spring and summer are even busier. When he is here he completely takes over the bed and bath routine but obviously he won't be able to do that regularly
    DS 3.12.08
    DD 7.11.09
    DD 8.01.13
  • With my 3rd pregnancy, I had hyperemesis and it kicked my butt.

Once DS3 arrived, I now agree with what Frank Jr. said on the show Friends. " Theres just so many of them. You know, two I can handle. Twos great. You just hold one in each hand, but what do I do when the third one runs at me with his bike helmet on. Ive got no more hands to protect my area! Theres three of them, Phoebe, three!"

We still want a fourth, so obviously it's not too bad... But there are moments when I question that decision.
  • I have found the transition from 2 to 3 to not be too much of an issue, and thats saying a lot because #2 and #3 are only 13mos apart. My third pregnancy was rough, pre-e and gest DM, but obviously that is not the case for every one.

All that being said, I'm always freaked out to get pregnant, and once I am I'm scared to tell my mother, lol! Its like I'm 16 and not a married, independent person Embarrassed

I'm not hungry, I'm HUUUNNNNNGGGRRRRRYYYY! NOW!

Dec 2014 Dec Siggy, Free For All

Big E- 2008

Miss M- 2011

Baby Z- 2012

Baby Smoosh, Due Dec 2014

• Going from 2 to 3 was my HARDEST transition. It was so many factors - my first 3 are close in age (1.5 years apart), no help at all, bad sleepers (all 3), I can go on and on.

If you have a bigger age span, it's easier. If you have any help, it's easier, if your kids are good sleepers and you are getting sleep, it's easier.

All that being said, it got so much easier when my DS1 (my 3rd) turned 1. I now have an almost 4 month old DS2 and going from 3 to 4 has been SO EASY!!!! Once you can handle 3 and being outnumbered (2 hands, 3 kids), you can handle more kids......

GL! 

image Mommy to Barbara 11/8/05, Elisabeth 5/13/07, Loukas 12/23/08 and Lazarus 09/25/12
  • imageRink08:
    With my 3rd pregnancy, I had hyperemesis and it kicked my butt. Once DS3 arrived, my go answer has changed to I agree with what Frank Jr. said on the show Friends. " Theres just so many of them. You know, two I can handle. Twos great. You just hold one in each hand, but what do I do when the third one runs at me with his bike helmet on. Ive got no more hands to protect my area! Theres three of them, Phoebe, three!" We still want a fourth, so obviously it's not too bad... But there are moments when I question that decision.

Ah, see I had hypermesis with the first two!  So, I am really scared. :(

• I'm pg with my 3rd right now.  I changed my tickers, but they won't show up! My DS is 4 and my DD will be 2 when the baby arrives in May. 

It was challenging in the beginning because I was pretty sick from weeks 6-12.  Despite being sick, there just wasn't much time to rest. When I was pregnant with my 2nd, I could always count on my son's afternoon nap to rest/sleep as I needed.  This time around my son no longer naps.

However, once the sickness subsided life went back to normal and I I've been able to keep up with exercising and life in general.

You will get through it! Good luck TTC:) 

Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers Lilypie Second Birthday tickers Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Being Prego with a 1 and 2 year old was pretty hard. I was tired near the end of pregnancy and the two kids might have watched too much pbs TV but in long run I don't think its that big of deal. My two kids love their baby bro. Its awesome having 3 kids. Going from 2 to 3 kids wasn't that hard, had a few logistical issues like where does baby go when I bath other 2 kids? Solution was getting a tiny baby swing for bathroom for baby to watch...
  • Grant it Margo's only 1 month, but this transition has been far less traumatizing then 0-1, or 1-2. My older girls are great with the baby and now old enough to play together quite independently. I had 3 fairly easy pregnancies so I can't comment on that. Delivery this time around (my 3rd c-section) was the best, the quickest recovery, and I feel 100 times better at 5 weeks PP then I did w/either of the other two. I realize there will be some hiccups and hard times, but right now I'm so happy things turned out the way they did. I can't wait to see how life turns out w/the 3 this space between. 
    Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers 

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Blogging about boobs, babies, bed lust & everything in between since 2007.
  • I have a 17 month old son and twins on the way (16 weeks) so I am about to find out fast what its like to have 3! We wanted 3 anyways so this is pretty nice to only have to have 2 pregnancies. I am excited, nervous, worried all of the above but I know my DH and I can handle it. Good luck to you and your family it will definitely be worth it in the end :)
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker BabyFruit Ticker
  • We currently only have 2 kids but we are considering having a 3rd. We've always said we wanted 3 but now we're starting to have our doubts. I'll totally admit that I'm scared!

Our first two are only 18 months apart and I feel like life is finally starting to get easier, especially now that one is potty trained and they both STTN. It's a bit daunting to think about starting all over again.

DD1 will be starting preschool 3 days a week in the fall and then DD2 will start the following year. I think I may be ready for 3 once the older two are in school at least a few days each week.
    Lilypie Kids Birthday tickersLilypie Kids Birthday tickersLilypie Fifth Birthday tickersLilypie Pregnancy tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"