February 2013 Moms

37W appointment & no progress

Long story short... I'm not dilated, my cervix is long and "thinning" but isn't there yet.  And he hasn't dropped.  Yeah, so I got nothin'.  Baby J is still head down though (yay!), and the doc said she could feel the head.  She also said that I was measuring a bit on the smaller side, but that's just to be expected with my body shape (tall, long torso). 

It was a pretty uneventful appointment and I have to say, I'm kind of disappointed that I'm not dilated AT ALL.  I thought with all these painful BH that I've been having, it would get the ball rolling (so to speak), but nope.  Nada.  Nothin.  I did mention the painful BH and she was happy, saying "Yay, your body is getting ready then!"  

*sigh*  I know that baby really could use the full 40 weeks, but I thought at this point, things would be moving along.  I guess I'm just in a blue funk today.  Didn't help that I had a mini-meltdown last night because I'm so exhausted but every time I lay down stomach acid comes up my throat.  It hurts and it's uncomfortable.  The meds I've been taking for it don't seem to be helping much anymore.  Blah, oh well.  I need to just count my blessings.  Baby J is doing well, he is still head down, and I'm healthy. 

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers image image

Re: 37W appointment & no progress

• That is so frustrating!  With DS I had no progress AT ALL at 41 weeks.  I know that's not encouraging but I def feel your pain.  With this LO I was 1CM 80%effaced on Monday.  Weird.

Also, have you tried Zantac for the acid reflux?  That's the only thing that works for me.  Good luck with that....it sucks for sure!

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • imagekat1221:

That is so frustrating!  With DS I had no progress AT ALL at 41 weeks.  I know that's not encouraging but I def feel your pain.  With this LO I was 1CM 80%effaced on Monday.  Weird.

Also, have you tried Zantac for the acid reflux?  That's the only thing that works for me.  Good luck with that....it sucks for sure!

Thanks, but I'm on a prescription med for the acid (can't remember the name off the top of my head) *AND* I'm on an over-the-counter acid reducer.  I just got the generic of Pepcid (per my GE doc).  This really isn't new for me, since I have IBS and acid reflux and hiatal hernia, but it has really gotten bad this past week or so.  It's EVERY time I lay down now.   Just trying to get through the next few weeks, because I really don't want to go back to my gastroenterologist.

• Loading the player...
  • My appointment on Tuesday was the same - nothing.  And I've already had one child, so I was hopeful this one would make it more exciting - even though you could have no progress one minute, and be in active labor the next.  I have a feeling this one is going to take her time too!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • If it makes you feel any better, I'll be 37 weeks tomorrow and just got back from a similarly uneventful appt.

I am a FTM and I know it doesn't mean much, but I would have been pretty darn excited if I had been dilated at all.  MD said my cervix was closed and thick, but that it was facing in the right direction (turned down) and baby's head was down.  She was quite happy with that, and I am, too, but I feel your frustration b/c these days are dragging on!

IAmPregnant Ticker
  • Mine doesn't even do cervical checks/internals. I have no idea yet.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I feel your pain. I had my 38 week appt yesterday and still no progress! I just knew I would be dilated, but nope! *sigh* It's definitely frustrating, I guess she's gonna be as stubborn as her momma. 
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Anniversary Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Progress doesn't necessarily mean anything.  I know we get excited when there is some, but you could go into labor tomorrow just as easily as someone else who does have progress.  I have a friend who started dilating at 36 weeks and dilated to 4 cm and still ended up getting induced - at 42 weeks!!
    Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Baby BROTHER is on the way! ~ EDD 6/12/2015
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • I'm on baby #3 and only 1 cm dilated, long, and thick!  I've been this way since 30 weeks when I was checked in the ER for some bad cramping.  I even have had horrible contractions lately, went to my OB appointment today, and still have made no further progress.  I made no progress with DD at 40 weeks and had to be induced, but with DS I was 3 cm and 80% at this point and went into labor at 38.6, so this is definitely frustrating.

As far as the acid coming up when you lay down, hopefully you'll get some relief when baby drops!  My OB told me to sleep sitting up, but seriously?  How the heck is that comfortable?  When I try that, I get a pinched nerve where my ribs are and it's just miserable.

DD: 6/30/09. Mild pre-e DS: 9/5/10. Normal pregnancy Diagnosed 6/4/12 with dermatomyositis. Currently on Prednisone and IVIG therapy. 9/11/12: Normal a/s for DS2. No side effects from my medication, yay! DS2: 1/28/13. Thankful for healthy children! Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker image
  • I just had my 37w appointment and I've made 0 progress too but it doesn't matter because you can end up going quickly at any time.
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers PitaPata Dog tickers Screen Shot 2012-11-15 at 8.25.16 AM
  • Thanks for all the support everyone.  Yeah, it's been a bit of an emotional day for me.  Like I said, blue funk.  Probably doesn't help that today is my last day at work (and I won't be coming back after my maternity leave).  Even though I absolutely hate it here, there are things/people I will miss. 

I know I could still go into labor at any moment, but still, hearing that I've progressed would be like a small little triumph.  Even if it means nothing Smile

I think I'll feel better about it all tomorrow after some better sleep.  And yes, MrsW0615, I too have been told to try propping myself up with pillows, or sleeping in a recliner, both of which seem even more uncomfortable than just dealing with the acid.  So I am RIGHT there with you on that one.  Let's cross our fingers that baby drops soon!!

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"