May 2013 Moms

Anyone carrying low?

I am 22 weeks today and feel like baby is really low. THe only thing keeping me from worrying is that I hve had the gem of all pregnancies. Didn't throw up a single time, have lots of energy, never lost my libido, lost 30lbs didnt gain, and I still have an innie belly button. Also no rounded out tummy yet...Is this normal?

I can definitely feel her moving, still feels like gas movement and her daddy can hear her heartbeat when he lays his head on my tummy... just not any other normal symptoms. 

Re: Anyone carrying low?

• I'm...not entirely sure what you're asking.  If it's normal to carry low or if it's normal to have an innie belly button and not a huge belly?

How do you know you are carrying low if you can't see how your belly is shaped yet? If this is your first baby and you are only 22 weeks, your uterus is still probably only just around your belly button, so in that case, yes, your baby is probably fairly low. 

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Yeah basically asking if any of it is normal! Ive seen pics of gals at 22 wks and they totally look pregnant... and some have lost their belly buttons... I havnt... just wondered if that was just one of those 'depends on the person' things. Last check up baby was healthy and growing fine!
  • Loading the player...
  • Yes, it sounds normal.  I have never had my belly button pop out in any of my pregnancies.  Everyone is going to carry differently and show earlier/later depending on how many babies they've had, their build, where baby is positioned, weight gain etc.  If you look on the HDBD posts there are still a lot of women who comment that they aren't posting yet because they still aren't really "showing."  I also have never once thrown up from a pregnancy.  I wouldn't say a 30 pound weight loss is normal, but if your OB is ok with it then I wouldn't worry about it.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • imageGoMaltby18:
    Yes, it sounds normal.  I have never had my belly button pop out in any of my pregnancies.  Everyone is going to carry differently and show earlier/later depending on how many babies they've had, their build, where baby is positioned, weight gain etc.  If you look on the HDBD posts there are still a lot of women who comment that they aren't posting yet because they still aren't really "showing."  I also have never once thrown up from a pregnancy.  I wouldn't say a 30 pound weight loss is normal, but if your OB is ok with it then I wouldn't worry about it.

All of this. There is so much variance in pregnancy it's almost futile to ask this board the "is this normal" question. Your OB is your best source of answers to this question every time.

BFP #1 10/6/11 | EDD 6/15/12 | MMC 11/7/11 @ 8w3d | D&C 11/14/11

BFP #2 8/22/12 | EDD 5/5/13 | DS1 born 5/9/13

BFP #3 4/25/15 | EDD 1/7/16 | MMC 7/2/15 @ 13w1d | D&E 7/8/15

BFP #4 12/9/15 | EDD 8/22/16 | DS2 born 5/18/16 at 26w2d

Just keep swimming.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"