Trying to Get Pregnant

TFAS+ GTKY

I hope I'm not too new to these parts to do this, but jsut wanna get to know you ladies a little better Smile

What was the best part of your previous pregnancy?

Worst?

Most unexpected?

Delivery (c section, vaginal, drugs, natural):

What do you hope is different about the pregnancy next time?:

What do you hope is different about the delivery?:

Was your first (2nd, 3rd) an easy baby?:

What will you do differently in the early months this time around?:

Re: TFAS+ GTKY

• What was the best part of your previous pregnancy? Being very pregnant at Christmas. No one side eyed my third helping at dinner haha

Worst? I lost 23 lbs and was hospitalized by 7 weeks pregnant, hyperemesis wasn't fun. I struggled on and off through the whole pregnancy.

Most unexpected? The swelling. My hands looked like I was wearing catchers mitts. I had heard that you swell, but it was un-freaking-real.

Delivery (c section, vaginal, drugs, natural): Emergency c, with alllllll the drugs.

What do you hope is different about the pregnancy next time?: I'll take extra cute baby bump on a slimmer figure, hold the vomitting, thanks.

What do you hope is different about the delivery?: hoping for a vbac, God willing.

Was your first (2nd, 3rd) an easy baby?: He was the easiest until 4 months. Started sleeping through the night at about 3 weeks. Starting at 4 months he started boycotting sleep. We are still struggling with bed times/nap times now, 7 months later.

What will you do differently in the early months this time around?: I will hopefully breastfeed, again, God willing. I will also put him to bed awake, in hopes of not having our current struggles again.

• What was the best part of your previous pregnancy? Having a very easy pregnancy with no m/s or complications

Worst?  getting a big a$$

Most unexpected? ended with a c/s

Delivery (c section, vaginal, drugs, natural): went natural for 12 hours, got epidural, ended with a c/s after 26 hours of getting to 10cm and DS not dropping bc I was too small (but I don't think DS was completely head down)

What do you hope is different about the pregnancy next time?: I hope I can keep up a nice workout routine so I don't just let myself go again 

What do you hope is different about the delivery?:  still back and forth on a VBAC

Was your first (2nd, 3rd) an easy baby?: DS is an angel.  He was a PERFECT newborn :)

What will you do differently in the early months this time around?: absolutely nothing (well maybe workout a little)

Baby Birthday Ticker TickerBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • imagemrambo3:

A-Freaking-MEN!  
    imagemrambo3:

What do you hope is different about the delivery?:  still back and forth on a VBAC

I have the same feelings. I had failure to progress after 36 hrs of pitocin labour, and had my water broken for more than 24 before they did the c section. I'm terrified of going through all that to just end up with a section again. But, at the same time, I want to try,.. conflicted. Hoping I didn't just have a total quote fail. If I did, sorry TTGP. I'm a newb.
  • What was the best part of your previous pregnancy?:  Pretty textbook pregnancy with no real problems.

Worst? Being huge pregnant in the Florida summer and swelling like crazy.

Most unexpected?  My water breaking two weeks before my due date.

Delivery (c section, vaginal, drugs, natural): vaginal with vacuum

What do you hope is different about the pregnancy next time?:  Not as much swelling or weight gain

What do you hope is different about the delivery?: I can push the next one out of my own and not have to have the vacuum

Was your first (2nd, 3rd) an easy baby?: He was my first and I have been very blessed with how easy going he is

What will you do differently in the early months this time around?:  Not think that I can eat anything I want just because I am pregnant and with my son nothing....we did pretty well this time so I will try what we did again.

Married 12/17/2011
                                                                                  K born 8/31/12                                 
                                                                                  C born 1/11/14
                                                                  BFP #3 Nov 2014: D&C January 2015
                                                                  BFP #4 Sept 2016: Due May 31 2017

• imageStephanieK984:

I can't even imagine! That sounds terrible!

imageStephanieK984:

Bonus points: Where did your water break? Was it a huge gush?

Mine broke at a 5 guys burger and fries:S while waiting in line... and yes, I bloody well stayed and ate that burger... Best meal of my life haha

• imageQueenBeeMama:
    imageStephanieK984:

imageStephanieK984:

Mine broke at a 5 guys burger and fries:S while waiting in line... and yes, I bloody well stayed and ate that burger... Best meal of my life haha

Mine broke at 3:45 in the morning...started a small trickle, I jump out of bed and waddled into the bathroom and huge gush into the toilet!  That is pretty awesome that you stayed and ate your burger though!

Married 12/17/2011
                                                                                  K born 8/31/12                                 
                                                                                  C born 1/11/14
                                                                  BFP #3 Nov 2014: D&C January 2015
                                                                  BFP #4 Sept 2016: Due May 31 2017

• imageStephanieK984:
    imageQueenBeeMama:
    imageStephanieK984:

imageStephanieK984:

Mine broke at 3:45 in the morning...started a small trickle, I jump out of bed and waddled into the bathroom and huge gush into the toilet!  That is pretty awesome that you stayed and ate your burger though!

So lucky you made it to the toilet haha.

I was so paranoid about my water breaking. I know it doesn't happen like that to most women, so water breaking naturally stories are always good

• What was the best part of your previous pregnancy? I had a pretty easy pregnancy and loved being pregnant. The best part for me was feeling her kick and move around.

Worst? Swelling at the end.

Most unexpected? I read a lot, so I think I expected the worst.

Delivery (c section, vaginal, drugs, natural): Vaginal - tried natural, but after being in the hospital for about 30 hours, I gave in and ended up with an epi...which then failed to work, so I had to get the epi redone. It was not how I pictured or hoped the birth would be like, but at least everyone was healthy.

What do you hope is different about the pregnancy next time?: No hemorrhoids would be great, but I won't hold my breathe on that one.

What do you hope is different about the delivery?: I would like to go natural this time.

Was your first (2nd, 3rd) an easy baby?: We only have our DD and she was a fairly easy baby.

What will you do differently in the early months this time around?: Nothing. I exercised and ate healthy. I probably won't be able to sleep quite as much since I have a toddler to look after.

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie Maternity tickers
  • Bonus points: Where did your water break? Was it a huge gush?

Mine broke when I was home on a Saturday, two weeks before my due date. I got up from my chair and it was a little wet. I went the the bathroom, put on a liner and went to lie down. I wasn't 100% sure my water broke or if I was just leaking urine or something. I got up after a few minutes and then had a larger gush that soacked the liner, my underwear and pants...so it was time to call the hospital.

I was actually surprised that it broke since they say most woman have it break in the hospital. But at least I was at home. I had a fear of it happening while I was at work.

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie Maternity tickers
  • What was the best part of your previous pregnancy? Having a baby!! And making some really good friends who were pregnant at the same time, our boys got to be instant friends and the bond all started over pregnancy.

Worst? I had some SPD severe pelvic pain towards the end, and had to go to physical therapy just to be able to walk without pain.

Most unexpected? The heartburn was terrible!!!

Delivery c section, vaginal, drugs, natural: Vaginal, with an epidural, but no pitocin. unusual they really push pitocin after an epi, but I progressed just fine on my own. Doc and nurses were surprised. Everyone gets pitocin here after epi.

What do you hope is different about the pregnancy next time?: hopefully no pelvic pain! I will try to gain less weight to see if that helps. Though I only gained 40lbs last time, and I'm pretty small, so will see what I can do!

What do you hope is different about the delivery?: nothing. My delivery was awesome. Ok, I would like less tearing. I had 3rd degree tearing. DS was 8lbs 2oz and I'm only 5'1" 110lbs.

Was your first 2nd, 3rd an easy baby?: he was. He was a good sleeper. He wasn't a great eater, and still isn't, but he's a very happy baby and toddler. He is a handful of energy now! Wish I could bottle it and drink it myself!!

What will you do differently in the early months this time around?: nothing really. The first months are either anticlimactic, or something you have to "get through" because you either feel awful, or you feel sort of bad.
    Finally updating my signature and avatar, August 29, 2011 (better late than never!) Jake! (born July 3, 2011 - 6 days past due) Image and video hosting by TinyPic December Siggy Challenge: Favorite Holiday Movie Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • imageQueenBeeMama:

What was the best part of your previous pregnancy?  Well, my previous pregnancy ended in a miscarriage.  So I will answer for my first successful pregnancy.  I just loved the way I felt when I was pregnant.  Feeling the baby move was very cool.

Worst?  I threw up for the first 16 weeks - that was rough.

Most unexpected?

Delivery (c section, vaginal, drugs, natural):  Vaginal + failed epidural.

What do you hope is different about the pregnancy next time?:  Nothing

What do you hope is different about the delivery?:  Epidural to actually work would be nice.

Was your first (2nd, 3rd) an easy baby?:  Very easy.

What will you do differently in the early months this time around?:  Not be so lazy

• What was the best part of your previous pregnancy? Being able to actually enjoy it and not be stressed out. With DS1 I was 19, single, and felt like my world was falling apart because of the stress. DS2 everything was how life was suppose to be, have a house, car, husband, etc. So I felt more ready I guess you could say. 

Worst? The days I didn't have enough energy to do everything that I was use to doing for DS1. First tri and the last few weeks were the worst. 

Most unexpected? I almost failed my gestational diabeties test by one point. 

Delivery (c section, vaginal, drugs, natural): vaginal, with epidural for both 

What do you hope is different about the pregnancy next time?: to not have any more losses. 

What do you hope is different about the delivery?: my labor with DS2 was sorta scary. I had a reaction to the epidural, either they put it in wrong or gave me too high of a dose and my blood pressure dropped to like 70/30. It was borderline high when I was admitted to begin with. All I remember was telling the nurse I couldn't hear anything and I could feel myself passing out. 5 doctors later and a shot of something I'm my IV I was fine. It felt like an hour but it was all over I'm a matter of seconds. Because of that I am paranoid to have another epi and may use a birth center instead. 

Was your first (2nd, 3rd) an easy baby?: DS1 was a colicky, high demand, acid reflux, asthma having baby. He's still high demand even though he's 9, but perfect in every other way. DS2 was quiet, laid back, but a craptastic sleeper. 

What will you do differently in the early months this time around?: have the baby sleep in its crib no matter what. Still trying to gt DS2 out of my bed. 

A: 10.02.03     

M: 01.28.11 
  • What was the best part of your previous pregnancy?Just being pregnant in general.  After the scares of my first tri were over, I really loved the belly and the sensation of having that little guy kicking around.

Worst? Being told I was miscarrying at 6 weeks and then unexplained bleeding and losing clots for the reminder of my first tri.

Most unexpected?How quick my first labor was.  I was gearing up for a 24 hour labor but only ended up with an 8 hour one!

Delivery (c section, vaginal, drugs, natural): Natural! (minus the antibiotics for GBS+)

What do you hope is different about the pregnancy next time?: I hope I have no unexplained bleeding!  Also, I just hope I am generally more relaxed.

What do you hope is different about the delivery?:Nothing. Even having to go in for antibiotics when my water broke was a blessing since it went so quickly!  (I would have absolutely had DS on the side of road with my labor at home plans...)

Was your first (2nd, 3rd) an easy baby?: DS is still a baby!  He has his quirks, like he doesn't like to sleep, and is definitely is not what I would call an "easy going" baby but he is pretty easy compared to what he could be! 

What will you do differently in the early months this time around?: Not stress so much and trust my midwife more. 

\

DS #1 born 05/25/2012   
                                                         BFP#2:  06/12/2013 ---- loss

DS #2 born 4/08/2014
          BPF#4: 2/1/2016 --- 2/23/2016 suspected molar pregnancy--- 3/15/2016 D&E - diagnosis MM
                                                                   BFP#5 - 9/22/2016

* formally bornmommy

• imageQueenBeeMama:
    imageStephanieK984:
    imageQueenBeeMama:
    imageStephanieK984:

imageStephanieK984:

I was so paranoid about my water breaking. I know it doesn't happen like that to most women, so water breaking naturally stories are always good

Joining!  Mine broke at the movie theater when DH and I were watching What to Expect When You are Expecting Smile I love that story!

\

DS #1 born 05/25/2012   

DS #2 born 4/08/2014
          BPF#4: 2/1/2016 --- 2/23/2016 suspected molar pregnancy--- 3/15/2016 D&E - diagnosis MM
                                                                   BFP#5 - 9/22/2016

* formally bornmommy

• What was the best part of your previous pregnancy? Both pregnancies were great!! I pray the 3rd one is just the same

Worst? Morning sickness!! First wasn't so bad...I would dry heave every morning and then I would be fine. Second was much worse. All day sickness with vomiting ; but its worth it ;

Most unexpected? my water broke with my first during my i termal exam at 40 weeks!! doc was covered in fluid!! hahaI had bleeding at 18 weeks with my second...totally did not expect that. So scary...turned out t was from sex. I had a low lying placenta

Delivery c section, vaginal, drugs, natural: vaginal and def DRUGS!!!! Although my epidural stopped working on my left side both times...ugh!!!

What do you hope is different about the pregnancy next time?:nothing really...just want a healthy nine months and a healthy baby!

What do you hope is different about the delivery?: I hope the epidural works!!!

Was your first 2nd, 3rd an easy baby?: first was easy. Second had a milk allergy and reflux so def more difficult.

What will you do differently in the early months this time around? Try and put little one down to sleep while still asleep. Makes things much easier later on!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • What was the best part of your previous pregnancy? Getting foot rubs from dh everytime I asked! And of course all the kicks, jabs, and rolls.

Worst? Getting up every hour to pee or because of the terrible reflux I had, and the awful back pain.

Most unexpected? How big my belly got, and the stretch marks, oh the stretch marks!

Delivery (c section, vaginal, drugs, natural): Unplanned csection (37 hours of labor, only made it to 5 cm)

What do you hope is different about the pregnancy next time?: No morning sickness & no reflux would be nice.

What do you hope is different about the delivery?: I will most likely get another csection to avoid a long as$ labor again. I'm half tempted to go for a vbac, because I feel jipped and know I missed out on so much not being able to hold ds right away, but I recovered from my csection so fast, I figure I might as well do it again.

Was your first (2nd, 3rd) an easy baby?: I have 1 and he has been an angel since he was born. Always been a great eater, sleeper, etc. We have been spoiled. If all my babies were guaranteed to be like him I would have 5!

What will you do differently in the early months this time around?: Nothing, I have no regrets on anything I have done with DS.

• What was the best part of your previous pregnancy? Feeling him move around and feeling like it was just me and him hanging out.

Worst? heartburn was a b*tch, and the month after delivery with the sitz bath and recovery.

Most unexpected? being overdue and having to induce

Delivery (c section, vaginal, drugs, natural): vaginal with epi.

What do you hope is different about the pregnancy next time?: I had a fantastic pregnancy so a repeat would be awesome. If anything, that they come on time and on their own.

What do you hope is different about the delivery?:That I do not tear during delivery.

Was your first (2nd, 3rd) an easy baby?: First 6 weeks he was challenging because he also had reflux, but it was like a switch flipped at 3 months (the whole "4th trimester") and he has been pretty easy since then.

What will you do differently in the early months this time around?: I am on anxiety meds (my PPA reared it's head at 8 months pp but had been lurking all along)- not sweat getting him on a schedule as much, knowing the timing for when a baby gets overtired.

imageimage

imageimage

image  image

• imagebornmommy:
    imageQueenBeeMama:
    imageStephanieK984:
    imageQueenBeeMama:
    imageStephanieK984:

imageStephanieK984:

Joining!  Mine broke at the movie theater when DH and I were watching What to Expect When You are Expecting Smile I love that story!

That is just all too fitting haha I love it! You're water breaking story officially wins this thread!

• imageQueenBeeMama:
    imagebornmommy:
    imageQueenBeeMama:
    imageStephanieK984:
    imageQueenBeeMama:
    imageStephanieK984:

imageStephanieK984:

That is just all too fitting haha I love it! You're water breaking story officially wins this thread!

Or "your" if we are speaking english :smh:

• What was the best part of your previous pregnancy?  The first 30 weeks were pretty un-eventful!

Worst? Recovery, uugh...I was not back to "normal" until probably 3-4 months PP

Most unexpected?  Going into labor at 31 weeks :(

Delivery (c section, vaginal, drugs, natural) Vaginal, epidural (I was afraid I would need emergency c-section and I didn't want to be put to sleep). So they gave me the epidural, but it was mostly worn off by the time I was pushing. They gave me a loading dose, and then I had a button to push as needed, and I didn't push it until after he was born and they were stitching me up)

What do you hope is different about the pregnancy next time?  Hopefully I don't go into preterm labor...

What do you hope is different about the delivery? I really don't want to push for 2 hours, and then tear like crazy...he was only 7lbs 3oz, but he was also 3 weeks early...

Was your first (2nd, 3rd) an easy baby? He was my first, and only so far. He has been very easy. Slept through the night since 8 weeks...but we have had a few scares! He had bilateral inguinal hernia repair at 3 months old, then spent a week in the hospital at 4 months for RSV...other than that he's been great!

What will you do differently in the early months this time around?  I hopefully will get more rest. I tried to do everything myself (I'm type A, so sometimes I just can't let someone else do things because I think it won't get done the right way)
    BabyFruit Ticker

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• What was the best part of your previous pregnancy? When they would open another register at the gracery store when they saw me standing there all huge so I wouldn't have to wait

Worst? The end

Most unexpected? I found out I had HELLPS syndrome once I arrived at the hospital with chest pains

Delivery (c section, vaginal, drugs, natural):Emergency c-section with a stinit in the ICU and a transfusion...

What do you hope is different about the pregnancy next time?: Hope that the HELLPS does not come around again

What do you hope is different about the delivery?: I can be concious for the delivery

Was your first (2nd, 3rd) an easy baby?: 1st, yes very easy

What will you do differently in the early months this time around?: Nothing

Image and video hosting by TinyPic              image 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Pregnancy Ticker
  • What was the best part of your previous pregnancy?
    2nd tri... I felt great again, and luckily that was when we moved into our house, so the excitement of preparing for DD was fun.

Worst?
    Feeling nauseous and exhausted in 1st tri and having to travel to work on the NYC subway in the dead of summer...awful! Also, not being able to sleep in 3rd tri and just feeling like a beached whale.

Most unexpected?
    Being diagnosed with marginal cord insertion at the 20 week anatomy scan...but the bright side was that DD's growth had to be monitored with extra u/s, so we got to see her more often.
    Also, not being able to get an epidural because of my scoliosis!

Delivery c section, vaginal, drugs, natural:
    Vaginal delivery, but as mentioned I couldn't get the epi. The anesthesiologist tried for over an hour to get the catheter in the right spot and he couldn't. So I ended up with drugs in my IV that just made me loopy.

I hope to worry less and relax more and just enjoy being pregnant instead of worrying about every little thing.

Well, I know what to expect now with the epi, and that I probably won't be able to get one. I think I will try my best to go completely natural, or maybe I'll try hypnobirthing. We'll see!

Was your first 2nd, 3rd an easy baby?:
    It was tough at first getting adjusted, but looking back DD was a good baby. Slept in her crib in her own room at 7 weeks!

I'm sure everything, since I'll be juggling DD and a newborn!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • What was the best part of your previous pregnancy?  I loved the anticipation of having a baby and all the attention that DH and I got from our family.  We felt really special!

Worst?  All day nausea the whole time!  I have a HUGE fear of throwing up, so this way not fun.

Most unexpected?  Water breaking at 35 weeks.

Delivery (c section, vaginal, drugs, natural):  Vaginal delivery with epi.  Water broke at 35 weeks and I had to be induced.  There's no way I could have done it without the epi. 

What do you hope is different about the pregnancy next time?:  I hope I am not as nauseated!

What do you hope is different about the delivery?:  I would have liked for her to stay in longer, but other than that, it was perfect.

Was your first (2nd, 3rd) an easy baby?:  She is the best baby.  She was sleeping through the night by 3 months and is just really happy.  We are so lucky!

What will you do differently in the early months this time around?:  Day 4-7 was very difficult emotionally for me.  I have been on anti-depressents since I was 14 and I was so scared that my meds were not working and I would have to change to a different one (for anyone that has done this, you know it can be horrible).  Luckily, it only lasted a few days and I was fine.  I will keep this in mind next time and give myself a little time to adjust to the hormone changes before I get myself worked up.

Anna Catherine 7/23/2012, 35 weeks 5 days, 5 lbs 5 oz (PProm)

Baby Sam 10/4/2013, 36 weeks 2 days, 5 lbs 14 oz

• What was the best part of your previous pregnancy? The entire second trimester.  I enjoyed the little bump and the kicking!

Worst? I swelled right up at the end and also the horrible constipation  

Most unexpected? Once, I was in the bath and DS must have done a kicking flip and watching him move in my belly was like watching something alien happen.  I was not prepared to be able to see my baby moving around in there.

Delivery (c section, vaginal, drugs, natural): Natural vaginal.  I had a home birth with DS

What do you hope is different about the pregnancy next time?: I hope to be able to continue jogging.  I stopped almost immediately last time because of the fatigue and morning sickness and I'd like to see if the next time around I could continue doing it

What do you hope is different about the delivery?: I had wanted to do a water birth with DS but it wasn't possible.  The next time, I will still do a home birth but I will probably rent a birthing pool and try that again

Was your first (2nd, 3rd) an easy baby?: DS was my first baby and DH's third.  He was not an easy baby.  He is a spirited child.  The first few months we thought he had colic and took him to an osteopath who fixed him up, but I remember the first appointment where she helped him and it was the first time in six weeks that he had been awake and not crying.  DH and I both started crying in her office.

What will you do differently in the early months this time around?: I thought I would say that I won't co-sleep again, but I probably will.

BabyFruit Ticker
    AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
  • What was the best part of your previous pregnancy? Seeing the baby on US the first time, and feeling him move the first time!Worst? C/SMost unexpected? Water breaking & Going into labor a day before my scheduled CS - I thought I had one more day to prepare! DS was a week early.Delivery (c section, vaginal, drugs, natural): C/SWhat do you hope is different about the pregnancy next time?: Nothing - I loved my pregnancy and hope I'm as lucky to have an easy one next time too!What do you hope is different about the delivery?: I am really, really hoping for a VBAC! I was talked into a CS b/c DS was "big" (ended up being 9lbs12oz). I regret not trying for a vaginal and will stand my ground next time to at least try! Women birth big babies all the time! Was your first (2nd, 3rd) an easy baby?: We are so lucky - he seriously is the happiest lil guy ever! What will you do differently in the early months this time around?: Keep up with my running. I am a big runner and just got lazy last time! 
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • imageQueenBeeMama:
    I hope I'm not too new to these parts to do this, but jsut wanna get to know you ladies a little better [:]
    What was the best part of your previous pregnancy? Feeling the baby move. I still miss that sometimes.
    Worst? I had really bad sciatica pain for eight weeks. But somehow that wasn't even as bad as the constant comments from socially inept coworkers on how big and/or small I was on any given day.
    Most unexpected? I didn't realize shortness of breath would be my first and most persistent symptom!
    Delivery c section, vaginal, drugs, natural: Totally natural. Relatively short nine hours from start to finish. Almost gave birth in the car because we were stuck in traffic.
    What do you hope is different about the pregnancy next time?: There isn't anything I would change about the pregnancy. But I hope I'll worry less. DD has a heart defect, diagnosed at the anatomy scan, and that meant 21 weeks of fear of the unknown.
    What do you hope is different about the delivery?: Absolutely nothing! It was perfect!
    Was your first 2nd, 3rd an easy baby?: Not. at. all. We lucked out with breastfeeding but she didn't STTN until she was 11 months old. And she was, and still is, a terrible eater.
    What will you do differently in the early months this time around?: I'd like to avoid cosleeping this time and I'll probably introduce a bottle earlier. My DD would never take a bottle, only the boob, and it was hard on everyone.
  • imagegonzol:
    Worst? PreTerm labor at 33 weeks. And fainting after giving birth from low blood sugar.

Same thing here!  Only 34 weeks!  And when I fainted, DH told me he thought I was dead.  :/

\

DS #1 born 05/25/2012   

DS #2 born 4/08/2014
                                                                   BFP#5 - 9/22/2016

* formally bornmommy

• What was the best part of your previous pregnancy? DH and I were just so excited - loved the planning.

Worst? I had G.D. I really hope I don't get it again :(

Most unexpected? just how much you change - from caring about yourself to caring about someone else- and the sacrifices that you make

Delivery (c section, vaginal, drugs, natural): c-section - and I've been told that next time will be c-section as well - because my hips don't let the baby drop.

What do you hope is different about the pregnancy next time?: no G.D - but I'm realistic about the fact it may happen again

What do you hope is different about the delivery?: nothing - I've come to terms with the c-section - I've heard recovery isn't as bad the second time ???

Was your first (2nd, 3rd) an easy baby?: yes - but he's always been very active

What will you do differently in the early months this time around?:  I'm going to use my G.D. diet for the entire pregnancy - I was happy on it.

BabyFruit Ticker
  • I'm gonna fill this out with my pregnancy with DS...

What was the best part of your previous pregnancy?: Feeling DS move. It was amazing.

Worst?: The Allll Daaaay sickness through the whole pregnancy.

Most unexpected?: The way my hips would pop and grind during the last 3 weeks.

Delivery c section, vaginal, drugs, natural: Epidural...CSection.

What do you hope is different about the pregnancy next time?: That I don't fee as sick.

What do you hope is different about the delivery?: I really, REALLY want a VBAC.

Was your first 2nd, 3rd an easy baby?: DS had wicked bad Colic Acid Reflux, but I had them get all over it before I even left the Hospital. He had his moments but for the most part, he was a good baby.

What will you do differently in the early months this time around?: Rest more.
    <3 *Evan Michael* <3
    {06/15/2010 ~ 9lbs. 4oz, 22.5in.}
    <3 *Twin Angel Babies* <3
    {Said Goodbye on 08/13/2011 at 17w3d}
    No longer TTC
    *~Kisses to My Bestie Boo, ScrappyLika~*

• imageQueenBeeMama:
    imagemrambo3:

A-Freaking-MEN!

imagemrambo3:

I have the same feelings. I had failure to progress after 36 hrs of pitocin labour, and had my water broken for more than 24 before they did the c section. I'm terrified of going through all that to just end up with a section again. But, at the same time, I want to try,.. conflicted.

Hoping I didn't just have a total quote fail. If I did, sorry TTGP. I'm a newb.

My water broke, then after 12 hours (more like 14) I couldn't take it and I wasn't progressing. Got the epidural, took another 7 to dilate fully, pushed for close to 4 hours, doc came in and said he wasn't decending, still at a +2 and recommended a c/s.  I definitely think it's a personal choice and you have to always remember the end result.  :)

Baby Birthday Ticker TickerBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • What was the best part of your previous pregnancy?

Feeling the kicks and hiccups!

Worst?

Bloodwork. I HATE needles!

Most unexpected?

Found out that DS was IUGR at 20 weeks. Had weekly u/s and NSTs until I was induced at 37 weeks. He weighed 5lbs 1oz.

Delivery c section, vaginal, drugs, natural:

Vaginal, early induction, got epidural but had wanted a natural birth.

Hoping that the next LO is not high risk!

I want a natural birth following spontaneous labor. A girl can dream!

Was your first 2nd, 3rd an easy baby?:

He is high needs but very easy to please, just requires constant easy pleasing. ;D

Cosleep from the very start, and I'll wear LO number 2 more than I wore DS at that stage. I'll also trust myself and my instincts more.
    imageimage
  • What was the best part of your previous pregnancy? I had an easy pregnancy, so it was all pretty good.

Worst? It was really hectic. We got married and then bought a house while I was in 3rd tri. We moved in 3 weeks before DD was born.

Most unexpected? Since DD was unplanned, I'd say the pregnancy it's self.

Delivery (c section, vaginal, drugs, natural): Failed induction turned c section.

What do you hope is different about the pregnancy next time?: I hope for another complication free pregnancy.

What do you hope is different about the delivery?: I'd love to have a vbac.

Was your first (2nd, 3rd) an easy baby?: Nope, she's be an adorable little challenge since day 1. 

What will you do differently in the early months this time around?: I hope to stress less and just enjoy the ride next time. 

imageimage
    Matilda 6/19/09
    Graham 10/25/13
  • What was the best part of your previous pregnancy?With both DS and DD, I really enjoyed feeling them move around. 

Worst? With DS my pregnancy was textbook so I guess morning sickness.  With DD, between GD and being breech until almost 38 weeks there was a lot to worry about. 

Most unexpected? With DS, nothing was particularly unexpected.  With DD, almost having a breech homebirth with a CPM because there isn't a single doctor/CNM who does breech births in my area (I am really thankful that she flipped a few days before I went into labor).

Delivery (c section, vaginal, drugs, natural):Natural births at a birth center with both DS and DD. 

What do you hope is different about the pregnancy next time?:Honestly I just hope not to have another miscarriage.  Since having DD, I have had two miscarriages.  I could have the worst pregnancy ever, but as long as I have a healthy living baby at the end, I will be happy.

What do you hope is different about the delivery?: I am hoping state regulations change so that I can easily have a home birth next time. 

Was your first (2nd, 3rd) an easy baby?: DS cried for the first 12 weeks of his life but now he is a really easy toddler.  DD was a peach as an infant and though a bit tougher now that she is a toddler she is still pretty easy.

What will you do differently in the early months this time around?:Ask for more help from family and friends.

BFP #1 10/13/09 EDD 06/20/10 DS Born on 06/26/10
    BFP #2 03/08/11 EDD 11/16/11 DD Born on 11/04/11
    BFP #3 08/29/12 EDD 05/06/13 M/C on 08/30/12
    BFP #4 11/01/12 EDD 07/09/2013 M/C on 12/28/12
    BFP #5 04/30/13 EDD 01/03/14 DS Born on 01/02/14
    BFP #6 01/11/15 EDD 09/22/15 M/C 03/09/15
  • What was the best part of your previous pregnancy?  Even though I was on blood thinners and had other issues, I still felt I had an easy pregnancy compared to other issues I could have had.

Worst?  I had repeat UTIs that landed me in L&D a couple times.  Also having an OB that didn't know much - I switched OBs at 32 weeks.

Most unexpected?  All the ultrasounds I ended up having - I think I had about 30.

Delivery (c section, vaginal, drugs, natural):  Natural due to having blood thinners in my system.

What do you hope is different about the pregnancy next time?:  Hopefully keep my weight in check a little better. 

What do you hope is different about the delivery?:  Nothing - I felt like I had such an easy delivery.

Was your first (2nd, 3rd) an easy baby?: Yes - she is amazing.  She has been sleeping through the night since 3 months.

What will you do differently in the early months this time around?:  Nothing.  I just hope #2 will be like #1.

Started TTC #1 08/2010

BFP #1 12/14/2010 EDD 8/24/2011, D&C due to blighted ovum 01/27/2011

BFP #2 05/02/2011 EDD 1/10/2012, MC at 4W2D 05/04/2011

Diagnosed with homozygous C677T MTHFR - Lovenox shots while TTC

BFP #3 08/01/2011 EDD 04/07/2012, DD born 03/29/2012

Started TTC #2 12/2012 on Arixtra due to Lovenox/heparin allergy

BFP #1 03/19/2013 EDD 11/24/2013, MC at 5W 3/24/2013

June/July 2013 - Clomid 100 MG CD 5-9 + TI = BFN

July/August 2013 - Clomid 100 MG CD 5-9 + IUI = BFN

August/September 2013 - Femara 5 MG CD 3-7 + IUI = BFN

LMP 9/11 Unmedicated cycle - BFP 10/11, EDD 6/21/14 Born 6/2/14

~ All AL Welcome ~

• What was the best part of your previous pregnancy? Feeling her move around ... :)  Loved it.

Worst? Having eclampsia and a baby at 29 weeks.

Most unexpected? A preemie baby!!  :)

Delivery (c section, vaginal, drugs, natural): VERY emergency c-section.

What do you hope is different about the pregnancy next time?: That I carry to term .... and don't get eclampsia!

What do you hope is different about the delivery?: VBAC!

Was your first (2nd, 3rd) an easy baby?: N/A to me! :)

What will you do differently in the early months this time around?: Um, be healthier.  I was unhealthy for my first!  :)  Until I found out this AM that it's not a viable pregnancy, I was seeing my OB and a perinatologist. They are wonderful.

Here's a pic of my preemie 1 day old :) 1 lb 13 oz - 13.5" long

_______________________________________________________________________________________

Jacob & Audra - married since 05.28.11
    Emma Kate - born 10.16.03 @ 29 weeks, weighed 1lb 13oz and 13.5" long.
    Ozzy Joseph - born 11.01.13 @ 31 weeks, weighed 3lbs 7oz and 16" long.
    TTC #3
    _______________________________________________________________________________________

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"