April 2013 Moms

Iuds?

Anyone thinking they are going to use an iud after this birth? Any thoughts or comments? I'm considering this :) not so sure though
Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker BabyFetus Ticker

Re: Iuds?

• i dont think i would get the IUD but to each is own.
    IAmPregnant Ticker BabyFetus Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • imagemirroredimage:
    My OB has discussed Mirena with me. I'm up for it. We don't need 3u3.  A third and fourth baby would be wonderful, just not anytime soon. :)

agreed lol I don't need 3u2 :) I just don't know if we want another or not... Not ready to make that final yet. I think I would do the copper one with no hormones.... I don't want anymore hormones lol

• Loading the player...
  • imagerandomosity:
    I had Mirena right before getting pregnant with my daughter and I hated it. I think we're going to go with a more permanent option should we decide we're done!

do you mind telling me why you hated it? Like was it uncomfortable, or worrying about it? 

• This is the route I would go if we weren't planning to try to have a second kid as quickly as is possible (emotionally, biologically, financially).  I've heard nothing but good things.

But after #2, DH is getting the big V, so no more BC for me!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker   

BabyFruit Ticker

BabyFetus Ticker
  • A girlfriend of mine wanted to get the IUD after her first baby, but the doctor told her if she was planning to have another baby within five years there were better options. I think since a lot of insurance companies don't cover it and the cost is more expensive than most, doctors try to use other methods.   
  • I'm going to get an IUD.  We'll be busy with the twins for a while!
    imageimage
    TTC #1 since May 2010. BFP #1 - 5/31/10; m/c on 7/22/10
    Started seeing RE in August 2011
    5 IUIs: BFN; IVF #1 - Success! BFP - 7/25/12 Lilypie Premature Baby tickers
  • seeing as i got pregnant while on the pill i will definitely be going with an iud. I heard that if you are breastfeeding you shouldn't have anything with hormones ( don't quote me on that..just info i got from my aunt) so ill be going with the copper one. 
    BabyFruit Ticker
    BabyName Ticker image
  • I had the paragaurd IUD needless to say I now have a 4yr old from it. They say they are supposed to keep you protected for 10yrs. I had mine in for 1.5 yrs then found out I was pregnant. They took it out around 6wks and all went well had a healthy baby. I'm not sure how good the mirena works tho.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"