Baby Names
Options

WDYT of Delaney (girl)?

Yes? No? I like the nns Lane and Laney.  Sister is Addison. 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Married 12/8/07 | Sleeve Gastrectomy 10/19/09
BFP#1 DD born 3/9/11 | BFP#4 DD born 9/20/13
BFP#2 6/21/12, M/C at 5w2d | BFP#3 11/27/12, M/C at 6w6d

Re: WDYT of Delaney (girl)?

• Options
    I think it's cute.. especially while they're little, but not so much for an adult.
    TTC #1 since April 2011

BFP #1: June 7, 2012 -- EDD 2/15/13 -- MMC 8/13/12 (stopped growing at 11w) -- D&C 8/17/12

BFP #2: November 10, 2012 -- EDD 7/22/13 -- Hudson Reid

• Options
    Not a fan
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Nms but I do like Laine or Lane
  • Options
    I think it is perfect with Addison.  Delaney to me is a great, old fashioned southern name that you don't hear too often.
    Nothing is more discouraging than unappreciated sarcasm. 
    AlternaTickers - Cool free Web tickers
  • Options
    I am in love with this name and the nick name lane/laney!
    Anniversary
    Love: March 2010  Marriage: July 2013  Debt Free: October 2014  TTC: April 2015
     BFP: April 10, 2016 EDD: December 19, 2016 Team Blue!
    Oscar born November 20, 2016 at 35w6d

• Options
    I think it's cute. I used to work for a summer camp and there was a Delaney and Emily sibset. They were both sassy and fun little girls.

• Options
    I like it! It'd be on my short list, but DH vetoed it.
    Anniversary

• Options

imagemagsugar13:
    Not a fan

Yes

Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options
    A long time ago, this was on my girl name list. I have since changed my liking for it, but I still like it. Do you like the nn Della?
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    I like it.  It reminds me of a southern girl.  I don't think I'd ever use it but it's a cute name.  I also really like the nn Laney.
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    I like it. And I hear it more often these days. My friend's DD spells it Delanie though I've seen it Delaney more.
  • Options
    I like the name, and the nns. And I think it goes perfectly with Addison.
  • Options
    I'm not a fan.
  • Options
    I think it's cute, but I don't love it. I taught a Delaney once and she was very sweet, I just felt after saying her name over and over again it was a little too clunky.
    PCOS Dx 12.08 / BFP! 4.22.10 DS1 born 1.4.11 DS2 born 6.19.13
    Lilypie Third Birthday tickersLilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options
    Definitely a guilty pleasure name for me! I love the sound of it and do think it's cute, but not so much I cant see it on an adult.

• Options
    I LOVE it and it was on my short list, I also am scared about it growing with her but not enough to take it off my wish list :)
    BabyFetus Ticker image
  • Options
    I love it. It's a great Irish name! I only know 1 little girl with that name and I always think how cute of a name it is.
  • Options
    Nope.  Don't like it.
    Prudence
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
    Otis
     Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
    Hank 

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
  • Options
    I adore Delaney, I would totally use it if my last name didn't start with D.   Also love Laney as a nn.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Pregnancy Ticker}

• Options

Love it! It sounds great with Addison.

BTW- the only Delaney I know is an adult and a doctor, so I think it ages just fine.

• Options
    It isn't my personal style, but I love it for people who like "modern" names! It sounds fab with Addison!
    Anniversary
    Visit The Nest!Visit The Nest!
  • Options
    It generally doesn't get a lot of love on this board, but I really like it.  And I love the nn Laney.  I don't think it's too cutesy to where it wouldn't age well.  Goes really great with Addison too!
    BFP 1/8/10, MC 1/15/10 | BFP 3/20/10, MC 6/24/10 | BFP 12/13/10...EDD 8/22/11...DD born 6/7/11 @ 29 weeks 1 day Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options

I don't but that's because there's a store near me named that this is a cheap second hand store and very run down.  I can't get past that when I hear the name.

• Options

imageluckylauren14:
    I like it. And I hear it more often these days. My friend's DD spells it Delanie though I've seen it Delaney more.

I came across somebody with this spelling, and I had to keep correcting it in my head not to make it rhyme with Melanie.

Delaney is kind of a GP name for me. I think it's very cute but wouldn't use it.

Jess & Adam, married 2009, precious Audrey born in 2011. BFP 1/6/13, 6-wk MMC discovered at 9 wks 2/11/13. D&C 2/18/13, second D&C 4/23/13 for retained placenta.
    BFP 8/24/13!! EDD 5/1/14, delivered healthy and sweet Zoey Leanne on 5/5/14 by repeat c-section.
  • Options
    I don't hate it but I don't love it either! I can't picture an adult Delany but there are far worse "aging" names out there.
  • Options
    I like it with nn Dela. I know an 31 year old Dela and it fits an adult well.
  • Options
    I like it for a boy or a girl. I think Laney sounds like a little girl and she would have the option to go by her full name as an adult. It's a nice name.
    DS1 - 9; DS2 - 6; Angel - May 10, 2011; Baby Girl - Due May 19, 2013
  • Options
    I really like it and its nns. I can see an adult with this name. I also like it with Addison as a sibset. Go for it!
    Happily married to my Snorkelbutt - 07/31/10

BFP #1 09/02/11  M/C 09/12/11 8w6days
    BFP #2 07/18/12 Baby S born on his EDD 03/23/13

SS - age 12...SD - age 8...DS - 13 mos.
  • Options
    Love it
    DX: Hashimoto's - August 2012

Me:30 / DH: 31

BFP#1 after 15 cycles on 12/1/2013 EDD 8/7/2014

Anniversary

• Options
    I like it. I know a girl named Delaney and her NN is Laney. If it were my name I would probably go by Lane as I got older..or maybe Delaney..But not Laney/Lanie. Just my thoughts. But I like it generally. It's not my taste in terms of a name I'd pick...but its pretty and not weird which are my main things I look for. :)
  • Options
    If you like the nicknames Lane or Laney, I think the name Elaine is a much better choice. Delaney sounds much too masculine to me.
  • Options
    I personally love it and love the nn Laney :) 
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options
    I think it's a great name...and I don't see any problem with it aging. Any form of the name you mentioned could fit an adult...as well as be adorable for a child.
  • Options
    NMS
    image   image
  • Options
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"