February 2013 Moms

Trying not to get upset yet (whiney vent)

As of this Friday, my hospital will be following the Health Department's suggestion and will be limiting the visitors to patients to immediate family and absolutely no one under 18. This means if the policy is still in effect, when I have the baby lots of people aren't going to be able to visit me or him in the hospital, including my 2 yr old son.  I seriously want to just cry at the thought of not seeing my son for 3 days.  I'm pretty sure that would kill me.  I don't like the idea that my aunt, cousins, friends, and potentially my grandparents won't be able to visit in the hospital but they can easily swing by the house when we get home.  I don't care if they have to wheel me out front of the hospital I need to see my lil guy. 

I understand why they are doing it... double figure levels of people have passed due to the flu in hospitals in the past few weeks... it just sucks that my son could potentially be banned from visiting me and his little brother in the hospital.  I'm just going to pray that this flu gets better in the next 6 weeks so they can at least relax the rules a bit.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: Trying not to get upset yet (whiney vent)

• I'm with you.  My hospital has the same rule in place, and I'm being induced tomorrow night, so I know the rules aren't changing :(  I'm anxious about being away from DS1 so long (he's also 2), and am sad that he will miss out on meeting his little brother in the hosptial like I envisioned.

DS1: Quinn - 10.22.10 and DS2: Cole - 01.18.13

• I'm so sorry Erica!   I hope things go smoothly for you and I'm sad for you.  I know not seeing our little guys is painful but not getting that immediate brother meeting that we envision is so difficult too!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Loading the player...
  • imageonlymeggan:
    I'm so sorry Erica!   I hope things go smoothly for you and I'm sad for you.  I know not seeing our little guys is painful but not getting that immediate brother meeting that we envision is so difficult too!
    e

Thanks.  I hope the rules have changed by the time you deliver!

DS1: Quinn - 10.22.10 and DS2: Cole - 01.18.13

• I guess I thought about it more cynically to begin with.  I knew baby was going to be born during flu season, so I never expected that DD would be able to visit the hospital at all, let alone get to see DS.  That way, if the visiting rules were restricted, I wouldn't be as dissappointed.  It is a bummer, but I am not as upset as I would have been I think.
    photo 997d7ce2-9f44-4a90-b78f-0ddf5f488d41_zps82d963f4.jpg
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Hopefully the flu situation changes in the next 6 weeks, for everyone's sake.
    photo 997d7ce2-9f44-4a90-b78f-0ddf5f488d41_zps82d963f4.jpg
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Our hospital is enforcing that, except that they will allow immediate siblings to the LO to come in and visit. I was warned about this when I was only 15 weeks along and had to go in for some fluids. They gave me the pamphlet on their new changes. I had to ask to clarify, because I would not be able to not have my DS meet his brother. Though When I went in last month to meet my latest neice, I took my son in with me (he is not yet 3) and they let me bring him in to visit without a fuss.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker BabyFetus Ticker IAmPregnant Ticker
  • My hospital had the same policy when I gave birth to DS2, no one under 12 allowed in the maternity and postpartum ward due to H1N1. I ended up only staying in the hospital for a little under 36 hours after having DS2 so it didn't seem all that long to have been away from DS1.  In preparation of having DS2, we had let the grandparents take DS1 for a weekend a couple times.

DS1 meeting DS2 for the first time

Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickersLilypie Fourth Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Well it's better to be safe than sorry. If he can't visit is there any way you can skype or face time with him? I know it's not the same but at least you'll be able to see each other.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"