March 2013 Moms

Week & Weight

I went to my doctors appointment today and I have gained 23 lbs thus far at 30 weeks pregnant. The doctor wants me to slow down because he likes his patients to be on the smaller end of the weight gain spectrum (25 lbs not 35 lbs gained). I am exercising (although, i could probably do more of it), and I am eating healthy! The weight just keeps coming on. It makes me feel bad, but I guess I will try and increase the exercise? I hate to restrict when I'm obviously hungry but I don't want to over gain.

How far along are you? How much weight have you gained so far?  

Me: 30 | DH:34
Married: 08/04/12
DD: 6 years | Born: 03/28/13
DS: 1 Year I Born 10/15/17

Re: Week & Weight

• I've gained 28 lbs at 29 weeks, and my OB has been completely fine with my weight gain. I actually gained 10 lbs from 24-28 weeks (and nothing since), and she didn't even comment. :-) I gained 55-60 lbs with my last two pregnancies, so I'm doing better than that at least. I think it helps that my OB has 4 kids of her own, so she knows that sometimes weight gain isn't completely in our control.
    Annalise Marie 05.29.06
    Charlotte Ella 07.16.10
    Emmeline Grace 03.27.13
  • Ill be 33 weeks Friday and have gained about 12 pounds.

• Loading the player...
  • I think as long as you're eating healthy (with a few unhealthy treats for mental health, of course! ;) ) then there's no reason to feel guilty at all. I'm 31 weeks and have gained 17lbs. Because I started out obese, my doctors wanted me to only gain 15lbs through my pregnancy. My diet has been restricted from the beginning because I am a diabetic, and I told my doctors flat out when they mentioned the 15 lb goal that I only intended on focusing on one number - my blood sugar. I stay active, I eat healthy, and what weight I gain, I gain and they can kiss my fat ass if they don't like it. ;) FWIW, even though I've gained more weight than they'd like, the baby is doing fantastic. Keeping my diet healthy and my blood sugars tightly controlled, she's not measuring big at all (35% percentile) and every scan, test, and lab has come out with fantastic numbers - even my cholesterol.
  • 33 1/2 weeks & 30 lbs. Neither my OB or peri have said anything about my weight gain. My BPs are good and baby is growing well so I think that they are happy with the way this pregnancy is going & so am I.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • 32 weeks and 15 lbs. I'm at the same weight that I was at 32 weeks with DS. I think as Long you're eating healthy an tying after there's not much more you can do. GL.
    Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie Second Birthday tickers Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • I will be 32 weeks Friday and as of my last OB appt. on Jan 7, I was at 14 pounds.
    May PAL Siggy Challenge - Mom Humor
    TTC Since June 2009 
    BFP #1 - 1/15/12, EDD 9/21/12, Missed M/C - 2/10/12 - I miss you Sapphire!

BFP #2 - 7/1/12 - Met my lucky charm Alexandra on 3-16-13!!!

image image image 
    AL always welcome! 

• At my last appointment, 28 weeks, I was up 25 pounds.  My doctors aren't at all concerned.
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • At 31.5 weeks, I was up 24lbs. I will definitely end up on the larger end of the DR-approved weight gain range! :)
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • As long as you were a healthy weight beforehand, I think 23lbs is great for 30 weeks. You're doctor can have his preference, but if he expects his patients to gain based on a chart... I wouldn't stress out too much over the weight. If you gain the average 1lb/week for the rest of the time, you'll still be within the healthy range.

I started out overweight and have gained about 12lbs at 30 weeks, but I should gain between 15-25 which means, like you, I'm on track to gain at the higher end of what the doctor would like, but my OB has said nothing about my weight gain.

DD- 11/17/08, DD- 11/16/09, DS- 3/20/13 
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
     Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickersLilypie Kids Birthday tickers
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • 33 weeks, up 12 pounds.

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers  Lilypie First Birthday tickers

• Don't stress about it, every person will gain differently and it all depends on your pre baby body.  I was in shape and muscular before getting PG both times and both times I gain 35lbs no matter what I do.  My Dr's never say a thing and actually say my gain is perfect. 

As long as your not eating junk all day your fine, your body will do what it wants and we can't stop it

• 32 weeks- 18 lbs
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • 30 Weeks 29lbs. The doctor isn't concerned at all.

DS1 -6/25/11

DS2 -3/23/13

Missed MC D&C 8/26/14

DD - 8/26/15

LO#4 due 5/30/17

• 31weeks 35 lbs. I got a lecture and was told to slow down. I honestly don't eat bad. I started out at a healthy weight. 123lbs and I'm 5'1. I'm carrying all belly. I don't even know how to slow down the weight gain bc I don't feel like I'm over eating or eating unhealthy.
    Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers Pregnancy Ticker
  • 20 lbs at 33 weeks, maybe a little less because they took my weight after I ate lunch and had my uggs on.
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • 31 weeks and 19 lbs. My OB hasn't said anything, and I started out this pregnancy overweight so I "should" be gaining less but whatever.

I wouldn't worry about it at all, especially if you're already eating healthy. Some women just gain more weight. 

• 23 pounds at 32 weeks.
    42 yo FTM!!
  • Im 33 weeks and have gained 24. Depends on how you started out. I know for sure im getting bigger by the day! Haha but im on track for my weight gain. 
  • I'm 31 weeks and have gained 16 lbs so far.
    Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers Daisypath Anniversary tickers BabyFruit Ticker
  • I've gained 25lbs in 30 weeks, most of it in the last month, and while I don't LOOK terrible, I feel strange, because I've never had to go on a real weight-loss regimen before. I'm scared of doing too much or too little post-partum, of either hurting myself or failing to lose the weight. Doc hasn't said a word, and hubby keeps saying I'm beautiful (isn't he a sweetie?!), so I'm trying not to stress.
    "Can I call your baby 'Ze Munchkin,' or 'ZM' for short?" - my best friend
  • At my 32 week i had finally gained 2. ive been the same since week 17. I am still down 7 overall. But I am oberweight and have been on a diabetic diet since learning I was insulin resistant early on in pregnancy so my situation is not normal but doctor is happy with it.
    BabyFetus Ticker
  • imagekmornelas29:

I went to my doctors appointment today and I have gained 23 lbs thus far at 30 weeks pregnant. The doctor wants me to slow down because he likes his patients to be on the smaller end of the weight gain spectrum (25 lbs not 35 lbs gained). I am exercising (although, i could probably do more of it), and I am eating healthy! The weight just keeps coming on. It makes me feel bad, but I guess I will try and increase the exercise? I hate to restrict when I'm obviously hungry but I don't want to over gain.

How far along are you? How much weight have you gained so far?  

This annoys me to no end because I'm guessing "he" has never been pregnant lol. If you're eating right and exercising, then just go with it. Your doctor can prefer that you are small, but honestly, your body will do what it wants to do. At this point, if you're not comfortable with it, I would not increase exercise. And I wouldn't restrict if you're hungry. 

My little man at 0-1-2
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Follow Me on Pinterest Pin me baby!
    BabyFruit Ticker http://mamasaywhat.com/

• I have gained 28lbs at 30 weeks.  I was told to watch my calorie intake.  I have been excercising regularly through my pregnancy and eating pretty normal (with exception to the holidays). 
  • at 33 weeks I was 30lbs..I'm pretty on course for a 1lb on a week so I should end up around 38-40lbs gained at the end.  I was 3 lbs first trimester, 20 lbs the second (yikes!) and so far in the third i've gained 7.  I've exercised regularly and with moderate intensity, my BEST trimester of eating was my second, and I started off at 5'3" 123 lbs. So far no comments from my doctor except a couple times asking about my diet (during 2nd trimester) and when I told him what I ate he shrugged and said I'm gaining what I needed too and some of it's probabley water retention.
    BabyFetus Ticker Little Riley-our first little girl coming March 1st, 2013 (or sometime around there;)
  • 32 weeks 10 pounds, but I have been so sick thru out my pregnancy. It just seems she is taking everything from me because I am literally all belly.
  • I am 31 weeks and have gained 6 pounds total. I didn't gain a lot with my first either. I only gained 14 total with dd. I have been sick the entire time though so I think tht has a lot to do with it.
    Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • At my last appointment I was 16lbs up at 29 weeks.
  • Almost 31 weeks and I'm up 27 lbs. My midwife isn't concerned at all. 
    BabyFetus Ticker image Anniversary FuzziBunz at Nurtured Family
  • I'll be 32 weeks tomorrow and have gained 23 pounds. I was gaining at a much faster rate and really had to start watching what i was eating. I gained 6 pounds between my 26 and 28 week appointment. Only 1 pound between week 28 and 30. I really think it varies.

30 pounds is a very healthy weight gain. Don't start trying to "diet" to appease your doctor's desire for you to only gain 25. Keeping it to 30 is hard enough!

Started TTC 2/2009
    Started fertility treatments 11/2010
    Ovarian dysfunction, LPD, male factor
    6 failed medicated IUI's
    Pregnant 5/2011 - Miscarriage at 6 weeks due to triploidy
    Decided to adopt - 6/2012
    SURPRISE! Pregnant without intervention - 7/2012 
    Sweet Baby James Born 3/2013
    Decided to be "One and Done"

....OR NOT.
    Pregnant 12/2018 despite birth control pills
    Here we go again...
    Due 8/26/19!
  • imageLeLe25:
    32 weeks 10 pounds, but I have been so sick thru out my pregnancy. It just seems she is taking everything from me because I am literally all belly.

This is me! I'm 33 weeks and up 9 pounds. It's been such a struggle to put on weight because the morning sickness never stopped!
    Pregnancy Ticker
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    Photo of the Remarkables mountain range in Queenstown, New Zealand.
  • 25lb at 30 weeks and guessing I will end up at 30-35lb... Dr has not said a word.
    BabyFetus Ticker
  • I was up 18lbs at 28 weeks. My midwife only wanted me to gain 20-25lbs! I have no idea why because everything I read says that if you are a healthy weight before you start, 25-35 is the recommended.  I had a 6 pack before getting pregnant so I'm not sure what her deal is!  I already work out at least 4 times a week.... I'm trying to do it more often, but we'll see... and I am also trying to clean my diet up a bit, lay off so many carbs!  
  • 31 weeks and up 23lbs. My dr didn't say anything about it at my last appointment but I'm going to try to slow down a little. I was a little over weight before I got pregnant and I didn't want to go over 25lbs.. I think now ill make it 30 bc I don't want to restrict myself, but just start eating healthier.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • 32 weeks, and up 30 lbs. I started out pretty small and muscular at 125, 5'2". My last appt doc started to say that I should slow down, but when I explained my diet and excercise routine she said that I was fine. I don't plan on changing anything up from here on out, so we'll see how it goes. So far, everyone is healthy, and that's all I care about!
  • my last appt was at 31 weeks and I had gained a total of 15lbs.  I was shocked because I did not gain any weight since my 28 week appt.  With the holidays I was expecting to have put on a bunch of weigh but did.  My belly definitely grew so I don't know how I didn't gain anything.  We will see on Mon if I gained anything during these 2 weeks.

Lilypie Maternity tickers
  • So far 20 lbs at week 30, but it's really different for everyone.  

Image and video hosting by TinyPic View Full Size Image
    BFP#1 11/12/11 ~ No heartbeat 12/12/11 ~ D&C 12/19/11
    BFP#2 3/25/12 ~ Heartbeat 141 4/16/12 ~ No heartbeat 4/25/12 ~ D&C 04/30/12 
    BFP#3 7/16/12 ~ EDD 3/26/13 ~ It's a BOY ~ DOB 2/26/13

• 33w2d  up 4 pounds.   Every dr I've seen said I needed to gain or that I was doing a perfect job with weight.   The Jerkface I saw this morning called me fat and gave me a disgusted look because of my weight gain.  He can suck it :)
  • imageHappy2BPregnant:
    At my last appointment, 28 weeks, I was up 25 pounds.  My doctors aren't at all concerned.

Me exactly!

Lilypie Maternity tickers

• I'm 31 weeks and have gained 28lbs.  My doctor is pleased.  Started out average BMI.  I work out (walk, videos/job) four days a week and eat healthy, but splurge more now than in normal life :)
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • I had lost 23lbs right before I got pregnant. I've gained a total of 37lbs by 29wks :( My midwife said steady weight gain is okay and that unfortunately my body was more than willing to pack on pounds because of the weightloss more than the pregnancy. I started off slowly but 2nd trimester I picked up a bit of speed. I have always had a slow system anyway, pregnancy didn't help.
    BabyFruit Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"