3rd Trimester

How many weeks?

I posted this on the baby shower board but thought I'd get all of your input as well...just curious...how many weeks pregnant will you be at your baby shower?

I will be 34 weeks at the first one (5 hours away) and 35 weeks at the second (1 hour away).  I'm a tad bit nervous about this!  I really hope I don't go into labor early or that I'm too uncomfortable.  I want to be able to enjoy the showers!

BabyFruit Ticker

Re: How many weeks?

• If you don't have control over the dates at this point there's nothing you can do and no point in worrying!

Also, if it makes you feel better I delivered at 42 weeks so I would have been totally ok with those dates!  

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • I was 34 weeks at my shower and it was fine.  I will say I think I over did it a little that weekend as my sister was in town and we were out all day friday, I had a childbirth class all day on Saturday too.  So the shower on Sunday made me a little tired by the end.  But I wasn't really uncomfortable.
  • Loading the player...
  • I was only 31 at mine because we were trying to avoid the holidays too much....so it would have probably been later if it wouldn't be right around Christmas. I think you'll be totally fine at 35 weeks.
  • I will be 35 weeks and 6days at my shower and I've been in L&D twice this past week because I was dehydrated (thanks to morning sickness) and having contractions (because of the dehydration thanks to the morning sickness) ha but I am not worried at all it won't help anything if I go into labor at my shower....at least it will be one shower my gusts will not forget! haha
  • I will be 35 weeks but it's only about 30-40 min from my hospital (as is my house), so it's no big deal!
  • Mine is this Saturday and I will be 37 weeks 5 days. It is about an hour from my hospital (and home), but no worries. DH is a professional driver, so he will get me back home quickly if needed. ZOOM!

I am expecting to be late and not saying early would be impossible, either. I just don't want to start getting bored later in my pregnancy and refusing to do things. I bore easily. 

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

• I will be 35 weeks I think it should be ok..

I have a Daughter born 2/26/2013. She is pretty much amazing!

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

• I will be 36 weeks which really makes me nervous... I have been having frequent contractions and a lot of pain lately and I am only 31 weeks right now, so we will see what happens..
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • I will be 36 weeks - my shower is at my parents house which is 10 minutes from my house so commute time wouldn't be an issue at either location!  Good Luck!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • I will be 32 for the first and 34 for the second...the second was planned for as late as I was willing to go, since I'm already incredibly uncomfortable.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

BabyFruit Ticker

• At my last shower I was barely 38 weeks. (That's right, it was recently!) It was freaking me out, but it turned out okay, and now that it's over I'm so revealed!

I was totally sick though so I didn't feel up to even so much as conversing with guests! :( And if I had more time I would have been more able to postpone the shower until I was feeling better, (I had been sick for over a week before the shower, and knew I'd still be sick once the shower came because the rest of my household was sick for about two weeks straight before I caught it. This one's hard to get rid of!)

Anyway, I wouldn't worry so much about a shower at 35 weeks. Having a baby 5 weeks early is pretty rare-sauce. 

• If I get a baby shower this time around, it will be a huge surprise,.... not expecting one, but with my first. I was super uncomfortable and at 30wks. Hopefully who ever hosts it has you propped up in a bed, not moving, if only to use the rest room. Keep those feet up momma Wink
    IAmPregnant Ticker
  • I had a BBQ to celebrate with friends last week not a shower, didn't ask anyone for gifts because I know all of my friends are young and broke. I was 34 weeks. My future MIL is hosting a shower this weekend 35 weeks, and a coworker is hosting a work shower on feb. 3rd. At that point ill be almost 38 weeks so that one is making me a little nervous! But my last day at work isn't until feb. 13th unless I go into labor sooner!

• I will be about 34 weeks as well. Hoping I'm not too tired for all of the last minute shopping, laundry, and organizing coming afterwards.

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • One at 25 weeks and one at 35 weeks (before and after Christmas).
    *** DS born February 21, 2013 - Toronto, Canada  ***
    imageimage
  • A few friends  were the first to be pregnant in our group of friends and recommended to me that I have it earlier, explaining that I'll feel way more comfortable that way.  I actually had my first shower at 26 weeks because I live in California but was home in NH for the holidays and my family wanted to throw a little shower for me then.  I have another one a week from Saturday and I'll be at 30 weeks which is more so the official shower.  :) 

I'm sure you'll be just fine though.  Just try to relax and enjoy the moment.  :)

New Mommy since 4/3/13

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"