April 2013 Moms

S+TM Hospital Bag Questions

So perhaps it's a little early, but because we've already been kept overnight in maternity once, I'd like to be prepared and have my hospital bag ready ASAP. My other issue is that where I work full time and by the time I get home I'm ready to crash these days. So I found this:

https://mypuredelivery.babies411.com/deluxe-bag/ 

Does this seem to have everything I need? Anything else you would suggest? 

Also... sorry if that's not a clicky. My browser never seems to let me post pics, smileys, and now apparently clicky links. 

BabyFruit TickerBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Image and video hosting by TinyPicimage

Re: S+TM Hospital Bag Questions

• That is a whole bunch of random stuff for $175!  I would just make a list of stuff that you have already that you want with you.  You definitely don't need the rest of that stuff.

Do you have a brush, toothbrush, toothpaste, shampoo, etc?  Just make a list of stuff to pack at the last minute and throw them into the bag. We've had this question a lot lately so I suggest looking at other recent posts, but here are a few things I'll be taking:

nursing pillow, towel, flip flops, outfit for me and baby to come home in, cameras, chargers, tablet, toothbrush, contacts stuff and glasses, brush, shampoo and conditioner. Not much else really.

Anniversary Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Pregnancy Ticker
  • Check out the threads from yesterday - I think there was a whole list of suggestions on what to pack
    BFP#1 10/30/2011,MC 12/4/2011 9w2d,BFP#2 3/6/2012,m/c 4/18/2012 9w1d D&E 4/18/2012 BFP#3 8/12/2012 EDD 4/25/2013 Stick baby!! Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers BabyFruit Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • I dont think you need to spend that much for that.  There have been quite a few posts on this lately.  But you really dont need to take that much w/ you.  Like PP said above.  Plus a outfit or two for the little one.  I know w/ my 1st I had WAY more in my bag than I needed.   I do recommend taking very comfy/ maternity pants to wear if you dont want to wear the hospital gown the entire time.  I wore a t-shirt & (big) yoga pants on the 2nd & 3rd day in the hospital.   Worked well for me. 
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic 

Adalyn 9/28/2010 & Peter 4/1/2013

• Have you been to or are you planning on going on a hospital tour? I know it might seem a bit silly since you have already spent the night in maternity once already. But you can ask at your tour what is suggested and what the hospital will provide.

I personally pack 2 bags. One for delivery and one for after. My delivery one has a massager (I tend to get back labour). Snacks for DH, something to read in case it is a long go, chap stick, sugar free lemon candies (I find they help me not feel like there is a wad of cotton in my mouth), water bottle, list of meds/vitamins I take and dosages, and anything else I might need during deliver or the hour right after. This bag I usually have packed and in the car in advance.

My 2nd bag has a change of clothes, shampoo/conditioner/soap/toothbrush/tooth paste/hair brush/elastics. flip flops for in shower, my own towel, going home outfit for LO, zipper sweater, slippers, more reading material, note book to jot down questions/memories/ reminders, camera, cell phone and chargers. My pillow, and anything else I might need for my stay. There have been quite a few posts about this recently so maybe look back and check some of those replies. My 2nd bag is packed as good as I can and then I keep a running list of things that also need to go in last minute for DH.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Pregnancy Ticker
  • I love when companies slap the label of organic on normal, every day stuff and jack up the price. No one's birth experience is going to be any less magical without soy ink pens. lol

"I wanted you more than you'll ever know, so I sent love to follow wherever you go."

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickersLilypie Second Birthday tickers

image Follow Me on Pinterest

Ginny DX 21-Hydroxylase Deficiency Congenital Adrenal Hyperplasia

Charlie DX Specific Antibody Deficiency & ASD

• Thanks for all the responses!

I figured $175 was too much... I just really don't want to be unprepared! TB has a list of all sorts of things that they think are necessary and I guess I tend to over-think things.

I really appreciate the insight, and I'll look at the older posts about this. I don't get to check the boards all that often, so it's nice to know I'm not the only one with these questions! 

BabyFruit TickerBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Image and video hosting by TinyPicimage
  • I wouldn't spend money on this.... You will need alot of different thing so you will need another bag... Pjs, slippers, your own pillow if you want, something to go home in. Also the hospital should give you a lot of theses things, I know mine does.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker BabyFetus Ticker
  • i was trying to wait til my baby shower to see if i get a diaper bag , but great choice

IAmPregnant Ticker BabyFetus Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"