Trying to Get Pregnant

NTTC:Anyone with big Boobs know of a good bra?

I'm not huge. Just 36DD. Most bras that push up leave me looking like I have 4 boobs...The other one make me look saggy. Suggestions?
Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: NTTC:Anyone with big Boobs know of a good bra?

• I have huge boobs, but I'm a big girl lol. best thing I ever did as far as bras go is get professionally measured and fit. I realized I was wearing the complete wrong size and style. I really recommend lane bryant for bras for bigger cup sizes. they have some really cute styles and they are super flattering!
    trying for #1 since May 2012... we're adopting! bringing home baby boy in january 2015!

photo tacos.gif
    Texas forever. 
  • Soma has a nice collection....I like the Embraceable Minimizer personally
  • Loading the player...
  • Sigh...I am going to envy everyone in this thread. I can't even get cleavage unless I buy a bra that essentially is filled with another set of boobs. Thought breastfeeding would fix that, but alas!

Hope you find something comfy that fits perfectly, OP!
    imageimage
  • imageEmerald27:
    Sigh...I am going to envy everyone in this thread. I can't even get cleavage unless I buy a bra that essentially is filled with another set of boobs. Thought breastfeeding would fix that, but alas!

Hope you find something comfy that
    fits perfectly, OP

I would gladly give you some of mine if it were possible!! They always say anything more than a handful is a waste. I have a couple handfuls to share!

TTC #1 since August 2012

BFP 7/5/13 ~EDD 3/17/14 - MC 7/22/13

DX PCOS 9/17/13 - Cyst on left ovary benched on BCP

10/12/13 Cyst is gone starting cycle #1 Femara - U/S shows no response

11/19/13 Large cyst on right ovary. Benched again.

12/18/13 2 cm cyst still on my right ovary. Back to BCP. 

1/10/14 start femara 5mg for 10 days

IAmPregnant Ticker}
  • I am a 38DD.  I thought I was a 38D for a while, and rocked the 4-boob look until I figured out I wasn't wearing the right size.  I'd recommend a bra fitting.  Also, for me, it's more about the style than the brand.  I need slightly wider straps than the spaghetti-style bras, and light padding but not push-up style padding.
  • I get my brad from www.barenecessites.com

R&K married 4.15.11. TTC #1 since 7.11.12

BFP #1 9.9.12 EDD 5.21.13 c/p 9.12.12 at 4 weeks 1 day

BFP #2 10.15.12 EDD 6.28.13 c/p 10.19.12 at  4 weeks.

BFP #3 1.19.13 EDD 10.1.13 Eleanor born 10.7.13 at 40 weeks 6 days

13dpo hcg@32, progesterone@13.7, 15dpo hcg@110, 16dpo progesterone@25.9

My blog:Urban Times in Michigan ~ My Bfp Chart

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Getting fit is one of the best things you can do. I'm not busty by no means but when I got fit I thought I was supposed to be wearing a 36A. It turns out I needed a 32D. It's crazy how much a good bra can make the difference.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Married Since March 2011 TTC since July 2011 Medical issues finally sorted out May 2012
  • I'm a 38DD and buy all my bras at lane Bryant. Absolutely live them, especially the back smoothing and strapless.
    Pregnancy Ticker

TTC #1 since June 2012
    Me (28) - DOR (AFC <10, undetectable AMH, >10 FSH), homozygous E429A MTHFR
    DH (29) - MFI low count and morphology

September 2013 IUI#1 - Clomid + Trigger + IUI = BFN
    October 2013 IUI#2 - Letrozole + Menopur + Trigger + IUI = BFN

Nov 2013 IVF/ICSI #1 - Protocol: BCP prep, high doses Menopur and Bravelle (12 days), ganirelex
    Results: 5 retrieved / mature, 4 fertilized, 1 arrested and 3 complex abnormal after day 3 PGS = Cancelled after ER
    Jan/Feb 2014 IVF/ICSI #2 - Protocol: Estrogen priming, high doses Menopur and Bravelle (11 days), microdose lupron
    Results: Cancelled after 11 days of stims due to low response and E2 levels
    Feb 2014 IVF/ICSI #3 - Protocol: No prep, low dose Menopur (6 days), ganirelex, Bravelle booster with trigger
    Results: 1 retrieved / 0 mature = Cancelled after ER

Officially moving on to embryo adoption! We used and love Embryo Adoption Services of Cedar Park
    October 2014 FET #1 - BCP/Lupron/Estrace/Prometrium, transferred 2 of 4 from match #1, BFN
    December 2014 FET #2 - BCP/Lupron/Estrace/Prometrium, transferred 2 of 4 from match #1, BFN
    March 2015 FET #3 - BCP/Lupron/Estrace/Prometrium, transferred 2 of 6 from match #2, BFN
    May 2015 FET #4 - BCP/Lupron/Estrace/Prometrium, lost 2 to thaw, transferred 2 of 6 from match #2, BFN
    October 2015 FET #5 - Natural cycle, lost 1 from match #3 and 1 from clinic backup to thaw, transferred 1 backup, BFN
    February 2016 FET #6 - Natural cycle, transferred 1 from match #4, B FREAKING P!
    Beta 1 = 162, Beta 2 = 316, doubling just over 48 hours

• imagegonzol:
    imageEmerald27:
    Sigh...I am going to envy everyone in this thread. I can't even get cleavage unless I buy a bra that essentially is filled with another set of boobs. Thought breastfeeding would fix that, but alas!

Hope you find something comfy that fits perfectly, OP!

I'd like to join you in the corner.

I'll join as well... Sigh.

A & J

me: 23, SO: 26

together since september.18.2009

loving our lives with all our furbabies : dogs, cats, horsies, fishies, snakey :)

TTC #1 since december 2012

image image

• I'm a 34DDD and I do the body by Victoria full coverage (crappy color selection). decently thick straps & the fabric is nice. I've also worn Lane Bryant (more cute colors) tshirt bra and balconette in a 36E, so a good fitting goes a long way. I feel your pain in trying to find a decent bra, then just when you find them, they discontinue them. :(

Me-28, DH-22

TTC since July 2011

ovulation confirmed in blood test

progesterone blood test normal as well as thyroid

saline sonohysterogram all clear

DH SA shows excellent swimmers

Sept 2012,1st round of Clomid 12, 15, 18mm follies:BFN

Oct 2012, 2nd round of Clomid, one 19mm egg upping dosage 100mg clomid for November in hopes of doing IUI-BFN

November 18th 2012, IUI #1-BFN prescribed progesterone supplements for next cycle, monitoring appt Dec 12th.

December 14th- Missed ovulation, doing TI instead of IUI.-BFN

January 11th IUI #2-BFN

IUI #3-Feb 13th=BFP

beta#1 2/25 12dpiui 61

beta#2 2/27 14dpiui 141 progesterone 21.2
    Tumblr_mdrohiKqJK1rubhgfo1_1280 AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
  • I will agree with all PPs who say to get fitted.  I had a bad experience going to Victoria's Secret and getting fitted.  They measured me and told me my size and it was completely wrong.

I went to Nordstrom to get fitted and they were phenomenal.  They recommended bras and spent a lot of time with me helping me find exactly what I was looking for.

The current bra I wear is Wacoal Awareness which I buy online.  I wear a 34G so it's not easy for me to find bras in stores.  Once you get fitted and find a bra in real life that you like, you're able to try to look for good deals online.  Good luck!! 

• imageksalley:

I will agree with all PPs who say to get fitted.  I had a bad experience going to Victoria's Secret and getting fitted.  They measured me and told me my size and it was completely wrong.

I went to Nordstrom to get fitted and they were phenomenal.  They recommended bras and spent a lot of time with me helping me find exactly what I was looking for.

The current bra I wear is Wacoal Awareness which I buy online.  I wear a 34G so it's not easy for me to find bras in stores.  Once you get fitted and find a bra in real life that you like, you're able to try to look for good deals online.  Good luck!! 

This is exactly my experience.  Victoria's Secret fitted me and it was way off.  Nordstrom and Lady Grace were spot on and helped tremendously.  I usually always buy Wacoal and once I have a style I like, I buy online.

****************SIGGY WARNING****************

TTC since 2011
    DH: 29, Severe MFI; grade III varicocele; surgery postponed till KU
    Me: 30, POF/DOR, factor II hetero, MTHFR homo
    5 IVF's, LLP, EEP, MDLF all BFN
    IVF 6 using DEB USA frozen eggs
    developed bilateral PE's from BCP, cancelled/delayed 6 mths, taking lovenox
    Feb'15 SURPRISE 1st BFP ever! EDD: 10/10/15, FX
    Still have frozen donor eggs on ice
    All are welcome!
  • Nordstrom's is great for fittings.  I tend to like the Olga 'Christina' brand at Macy's.  they are pretty but also supportive and are meant for larger sizes (D - DDD)/  Plus they are often on sale or BOGO

TTC since 3/2012 
    Started charting 12/2012 
    BFP 2/10/13 - MC 3/4/13 
    BFP 6/23/13 - CP 6/27/13 
    BFP 12/31/13 EDD 9/11/14  **please be our rainbow baby!**

Pregnancy Ticker image
  • imageColeRose:

I like big boobs

and 

cannot

lie.

You other brother's can't deny.

imageimageimage

Trying to get knocked up since June 2012 ~ Dx: PCOS

BFP 7.24.13 ~ EDD 4.2.14 ~ m/c  9.16.13 @ 11w4d

BFP 5.4.14 ~ EDD 1.12.15 ~ stick little bean!

TTGP 2013 Best Blog ~ Fruit ~ My BFP Chart 

• imageepaprn:
    Nordstrom's is great for fittings.  I tend to like the Olga 'Christina' brand at Macy's.  they are pretty but also supportive and are meant for larger sizes (D - DDD)/  Plus they are often on sale or BOGO

I also buy this brand - I buy bras with a bit of stretch otherwise I am also doomed to issues with overflow/muffin boob

imageimage

image  imageimage
                      imageimage

TTC #1 since November 2011
    Dx: Unexplained Infertility, probable endometriosis
    Feb-April 2013: Femara + TI: BFN
    May - September 2013:  Follistim + Ovidrel + IUI#1-4 = BFN
    IVF # 1 November 2013: transferred 1 perfect blast = BFN
    IVF # 2 April 2014: Endo scrape, transferred 2 blasts = BFP!! (first ever!), CP
    FET #1 June 2014: transferred 2 blasts = BFFN
    New Dx: Repeat Implantation Failure
     IVF # 3 November 2014 = BFP!!  Beta #1 9dp5t 272  Beta # 2 11dp5dt 626
    It's Twins! 
    *everyone welcome*
  • imagenlscroggins:
    I have huge boobs, but I'm a big girl lol. best thing I ever did as far as bras go is get professionally measured and fit. I realized I was wearing the complete wrong size and style. I really recommend lane bryant for bras for bigger cup sizes. they have some really cute styles and they are super flattering!

This! Lane Bryant has a great selection for larger cup sizes!

BabyFetus TickerBabyFruit Ticker
    imageImage and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Breakout Bras is the best place ever. It is local to me but they ship to anywhere in the US or Canada for free. They have a sizing tutorial that is absolutely correct. I didn't believe it when I did it my self but when I went to the store they verified the same size and the bras fit awesome. I thought I was a 36C but I was a 34G. I didn't realize how important the band size was.

https://www.breakoutbras.com/aboutus

Baby Birthday Ticker TickerBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • imageksalley:

I will agree with all PPs who say to get fitted.  I had a bad experience going to Victoria's Secret and getting fitted.  They measured me and told me my size and it was completely wrong.

Here too, VS girls always tell me I'm a size waaaay off than I am.  (34DDD but they tell me I'm a 36D-ha right... bras are meant for more than covering nipples) Get fitted but I don't recommend there.  The best bras I own have a little bit of padding and thicker straps.  The ones with no padding make me feel saggy and the spagetti strap ones hurt the sh!t out of my shoulders by the end of the day.

BabyFruit Ticker

• imageshelbeans82:

I also buy this brand - I buy bras with a bit of stretch otherwise I am also doomed to issues with overflow/muffin boob

haha!  I always do the "jiggle test" for bras-try them on bend over, jiggle chest, stand up, if the boobs are trying to escape the bra is a no-go.

BabyFruit Ticker

• Thanks for all the good suggestions! 
  • another Victoria's Secret girl here (36DD)- I like their...I think it's the infinity bra (I hope that's right).  Not the push-up version.  I like that it has enough support to hold the girls up where they should be.

I also recommend getting fit, properly (VS is terrible about fitting) - if you've got the "double boob" going on, it probably means that the bra is too tight on you.

• I have all the above mentioned bra problems and likely wear the wrong size. About time I find a decent place and have a fitting done.

I can suggest Moving Comfort for sports bras. They have band and cup sizes which makes getting the right fit easier. Not cheap, but I could do jumping jacks in mine without problems (could...and have haha)

BabyFruit Ticker
    Expecting our first, baby BOY, 12/12/13
  • I just got the VS dream angels bra with very very tiny bit of padding. I am obsessed. I'm a 36DD and I don't feel like I have a uni-boob for the first time. They're a bit spendy but they were buy one - get one half off a week ago or so.GL! 

hitched 5/2009 -- Me 34, DH 39

TTC #1:
    dx with POCS 7/2009
    TTC on & off since 1/2012
    September 2012; Surprise BFP - MC
    June - December 2013; Clomid/Femara + Trigger + TI = BFN x 4
    April - May 2016; Femara + TI = BFN x 2
    July 2016 - December 2016; Gonal-F + Ovidren + IUI = BFN x 3
    May 2018 - IVF #1; 8 snowbabies. transferred 1 embryo - CP
    August 2018 - FET #1 -- Healthy Baby Boy  <3

TTC #2:
    July 2020 FET; beta 1 310, beta 2 1278

• imagegonzol:
    imageEmerald27:
    Sigh...I am going to envy everyone in this thread. I can't even get cleavage unless I buy a bra that essentially is filled with another set of boobs. Thought breastfeeding would fix that, but alas! Hope you find something comfy that fits perfectly, OP!
    I'd like to join you in the corner.

Yup I am would be with you ladies....I wish I had nice boobies...thank goodness foe padded bras

• imageksalley:
    I will agree with all PPs who say to get fitted. nbsp;I had a bad experience going to Victoria's Secret and getting fitted. nbsp;They measured me and told me my size and it was completely wrong.nbsp;

This happened to me too. VS says they do fittings, but really they just measure you and bring you what might be closest, that they have in stock.

I'm a 32DD, in real sizes. Not in VS because they run small. I can't fit into any VS bra.

I highly recommended getting fitted somewhere that specializes in bras for grown women, like Soma, or the nicest department store thats near you. The bras are pricy there, and it's nice to buy at least one after the fitting, but if you can't afford it, you can always say you don't like any of the styles you tried, or something, and walk out at least knowing your true size and what the fit is supposed to look like.

If you're seeing 4 boobs, you're wearing the wrong size.
    Finally updating my signature and avatar, August 29, 2011 (better late than never!) Jake! (born July 3, 2011 - 6 days past due) Image and video hosting by TinyPic December Siggy Challenge: Favorite Holiday Movie Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • imageksalley:

Definitely this!  I am NOT a fan of Victoria's Secret at all as they didn't do a good fitting for me, or any of my larger-breast friends, LOL.....I walked in and they thought I was a 34C (though, I knew she was way off as I was already in a 36DDD)...went to Nordstrom's Dept. Store, was measured, and was a 34H!!!  huge difference!  Wacoal has great bras....

I feel your pain!

• imageNataliasMOM0214:
    imageksalley:

Definitely this!  I am NOT a fan of Victoria's Secret at all as they didn't do a good fitting for me, or any of my larger-breast friends, LOL.....I walked in and they thought I was a 34C (though, I knew she was way off as I was already in a 36DDD)...went to Nordstrom's Dept. Store, was measured, and was a 34H!!!  huge difference!  Wacoal has great bras....

I feel your pain!

Yup.  They told me I was a C too and I am busting out of my DDD/F cups. Litterally, I blew out the seams on my F cups but they were always the best fit for me so I wore them till I couldn't anymore (of course they "tweaked" the style and I hated it!!!)

Fredricks of Hollywood actually has some awesome bras, or at least they used to. And the are 2 for $50 often (if not all the time, its been a while since I have been there).  And this tread makes me realize two things, I need new bras and I should get measured.

• imageMarieC78:
    I have all the above mentioned bra problems and likely wear the wrong size. About time I find a decent place and have a fitting done. I can suggest Moving Comfort for sports bras. They have band and cup sizes which makes getting the right fit easier. Not cheap, but I could do jumping jacks in mine without problems could...and have haha

OMG, yes to moving comfort sports bras Yes worth every penny!
    Pregnancy Ticker

TTC #1 since June 2012
    Me (28) - DOR (AFC <10, undetectable AMH, >10 FSH), homozygous E429A MTHFR
    DH (29) - MFI low count and morphology

September 2013 IUI#1 - Clomid + Trigger + IUI = BFN
    October 2013 IUI#2 - Letrozole + Menopur + Trigger + IUI = BFN

Nov 2013 IVF/ICSI #1 - Protocol: BCP prep, high doses Menopur and Bravelle (12 days), ganirelex
    Results: 5 retrieved / mature, 4 fertilized, 1 arrested and 3 complex abnormal after day 3 PGS = Cancelled after ER
    Jan/Feb 2014 IVF/ICSI #2 - Protocol: Estrogen priming, high doses Menopur and Bravelle (11 days), microdose lupron
    Results: Cancelled after 11 days of stims due to low response and E2 levels
    Feb 2014 IVF/ICSI #3 - Protocol: No prep, low dose Menopur (6 days), ganirelex, Bravelle booster with trigger
    Results: 1 retrieved / 0 mature = Cancelled after ER

Officially moving on to embryo adoption! We used and love Embryo Adoption Services of Cedar Park
    October 2014 FET #1 - BCP/Lupron/Estrace/Prometrium, transferred 2 of 4 from match #1, BFN
    December 2014 FET #2 - BCP/Lupron/Estrace/Prometrium, transferred 2 of 4 from match #1, BFN
    March 2015 FET #3 - BCP/Lupron/Estrace/Prometrium, transferred 2 of 6 from match #2, BFN
    May 2015 FET #4 - BCP/Lupron/Estrace/Prometrium, lost 2 to thaw, transferred 2 of 6 from match #2, BFN
    October 2015 FET #5 - Natural cycle, lost 1 from match #3 and 1 from clinic backup to thaw, transferred 1 backup, BFN
    February 2016 FET #6 - Natural cycle, transferred 1 from match #4, B FREAKING P!
    Beta 1 = 162, Beta 2 = 316, doubling just over 48 hours

• Ditto on the fitting. Go to a good boutique bra store if possible for the fitting and try on a bunch of styles. I'm a 34E and find that often size doesn't matter as much as the cut.

There are a couple of bras at VS that I like - though fewer and fewer. (No, I don't want to look 3 sizes bigger kthxbai!) If you're close to a city, I sometimes find great bigger bras at Nordstrom Rack. It's hit or miss, but I love getting a nice expensive bra for a fraction of the price!

______________________________________________________________________________

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Trying to conceive #2
    Me: 36 - slight DOR (AMH: 1.1), decent OAR; DH: 41 - Morphology 4%
    NTNP July-Aug 2014, ATTC Sept 2014-Present
    October 2014 - CP
    July 2015 - Clomid + #1 IUI = BFN
    September 2015 - Clomid + #2 IUI = CP
    October 2015 - Letrozole (5 follies - yay!) + #3 IUI = BFN
    November 2015 - CP
    December 2015 - CP
    February 2016 - Letrozole + #4 IUI = CP
    April 2016 - CP
    May/June 2016 - IVF #1 and IUI #5 (Estrace + Follistim + micro-hCG + HGH) = BFN

Struggled to conceive #1 2012-2013
    Me: Chronic Pain Condition since 2009, DH: Slightly Abnormal SA
    Clomid #1: March 2013 - BFN; Clomid + IUI: May 2013 CXL; BFP on 4/22/13 = Baby Boy #1 1/1/14

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"