Baby Names

which girl name would you choose?

My husband and I have shared our lists but not yet discussed favorites. Here are MY favorites from both of our lists.  I'm wondering which is/are your favorite(s).  I would have made a poll but still can't get that to work on my browser!  Comments would be appreciated as well!  

I'm not including the middle or last name because I've sort of decided that they're irrelevant.  All the first names sound fine with our last name, and I've had mixed opinions about the flow of the first names with our chosen middle name, but the middle name is a family name that is set in stone, so I'm okay with less-than-ideal flow.  Anyway, here they are:

Juliet

Eliza

Elizabeth (nn Eliza)

Tessa

Genevieve

Lucy

Thanks for weighing in! 

imageBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker Pregnancy Ticker

Re: which girl name would you choose?

• Placed these in order  of love to dislike top to bottom. I don't hate a single one, all are nice.

Tessa

Juliet

Elizabeth

Lucy

Eliza

Genevieve

• I agree that they're all nice. Here's my ranking:

Lucy

Tessa

Elizabeth nn Eliza

Eliza

Juliet

Genevieve

• Loading the player...
  • In this order... Lucy, Tessa, Eliza, Elizabeth, Juliet, Genevieve.

• They are all great names!

My rankings from most favorite to least favorite:

Lucy

Juliet

Genevieve

Eliza

Elizabeth

Tessa 

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • I love Tessa, Genevieve and  Elizabeth

i like Juilet

i do not like lucy and eliza

• Awesome choices!!! I love them all except Tessa, which is fine, but seems trendy.
     Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I love Genevieve! It is on our list if we ever have a girl. I love Tessa as a nickname for Teresa. I like formal names.

• From best to worst:

Tessa

Lucy

Elizabeth

Juliet

Genevieve

Eliza

_______________________________________________________________________________________

Jacob & Audra - married since 05.28.11
    Emma Kate - born 10.16.03 @ 29 weeks, weighed 1lb 13oz and 13.5" long.
    Ozzy Joseph - born 11.01.13 @ 31 weeks, weighed 3lbs 7oz and 16" long.
    TTC #3
    _______________________________________________________________________________________

• In this order:

Juliet
    Lucy
    Elizabeth (nn Eliza)
    Eliza
    Genevieve
    Tessa 

• You have a great list.  I would choose Juliet, because I just think it's gorgeous. Then I would choose...

2-Elizabeth
    3-Eliza
    4-Lucy
    5-Tessa
    6-Genevieve

• Genevieve

Juliet

Lucy

Those are my top 3 in that order.

• LOVE Juliet

BabyFruit Ticker

• Eliza
    DX: Hashimoto's - August 2012

Me:30 / DH: 31

BFP#1 after 15 cycles on 12/1/2013 EDD 8/7/2014

Anniversary

• Genevieve, Juliet, Tessa, Lucy, Eliza, Elizabeth.
  • Juliet is my favorite.

#2  Elizabeth

#3  Genevieve

#4  Eliza

Lucy and Tessa are NMS.

Lucy seems more like a nn for a little girl and less like a serious adult name. Tessa is an 80's name to me...and I wasn't a fan of it back then either.

• Elizabeth, Tessa and Lucy.
    The rest are NMS.
    <3 *Evan Michael* <3
    {06/15/2010 ~ 9lbs. 4oz, 22.5in.}
    <3 *Twin Angel Babies* <3
    {Said Goodbye on 08/13/2011 at 17w3d}
    No longer TTC
    *~Kisses to My Bestie Boo, ScrappyLika~*

• Our DD is Lucy Rae she's a spunky 5 year old. I have been in love with that name since the day she was born! We call her Lulu for a nn. So that is my fav, then Juliet.
  • In order from love to dislike.

Juliet

Lucy

Genevieve

Tessa

Eliza/ Elizabeth 

• Favorite to least favorite:

Juliet

Elizabeth

Lucy

Eliza 

Tessa 

Genevieve 

image   image
  • You have an awesome list! Tessa would be my top pick since it is tied with Kate as our #1 girl's name. Good luck deciding : )
    Anniversary

• LOVE! Genevieve and Juliet!  Love the Romantic names.  So pretty.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker CafeMom Tickers
  • I think Tessa is refreshing!

Elizabeth is second best but I think Eliza is just OK. Juliet is not bad. Not really a fan of Lucy and I dislike Genevieve...it just sounds pretentious to me. 

• They're all very nice and you can't go wrong with any of them. My favorite is Eliza followed by Lucy.
    AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
  • Thanks, everyone!  It's nice to hear from some of you that all the options are at least halfway decent.  :)  
  • imageshellylovelee:
    LOVE! Genevieve and Juliet!  Love the Romantic names.  So pretty.

Agreed! I also think Tessa is cute. Really, you can't go wrong with that list.

• Lol I keep commenting on your threads. =) 

They are all nice names.

I think Elizabeth nn Eliza is a great compromise, best of both worlds. I'm also loving Genevieve right now. Different (but still a real name) and beautiful, and I don't think it will have the same growing in popularity issue that you were worried about with Juliet. Lucy and Tessa are probably my least favorites, but both of them are still perfectly fine names. I feel like Tessa is a bit trendy and sounds like it should be a nn for Theresa instead of a fn. 

Daisypath Anniversary tickers BabyFruit Ticker
  • imagestarshineamator:

Lol I keep commenting on your threads. =) 

They are all nice names.

I think Elizabeth nn Eliza is a great compromise, best of both worlds. I'm also loving Genevieve right now. Different (but still a real name) and beautiful, and I don't think it will have the same growing in popularity issue that you were worried about with Juliet. Lucy and Tessa are probably my least favorites, but both of them are still perfectly fine names. I feel like Tessa is a bit trendy and sounds like it should be a nn for Theresa instead of a fn. 

Not hard to do, since I've been posting many threads lately!

Thanks for your input.  That was my main worry with Tessa (which is sort of my top pick, along with Eliza) - I was afraid it seemed trendy, but then the popularity data didn't seem to support that, as it's stayed pretty consistent or even decreased a bit in popularity over the past five or so years.

Elizabeth may be the way to go! 

• Juliet is my hands down favorite followed by Elizabeth. Lucy and Tessa are cute but I picture them on kids more than adult professionals and some day this baby will grow up. Genevieve is nice but a mouth full and personally I'd worry she'd be nicknamed "Jenny"
  • imageluminousbluestar:
    Juliet is my hands down favorite followed by Elizabeth. Lucy and Tessa are cute but I picture them on kids more than adult professionals and some day this baby will grow up. Genevieve is nice but a mouth full and personally I'd worry she'd be nicknamed "Jenny"

I kind of hear you about Lucy, but with Tessa I can see her choosing to go by Tess as she gets older, which I really like.

For Genevieve, the nn Jenny is my main hangup as well, but I think Genna could work well along with Eve or Vivi/Evie.  Lots of better options. 

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"