November 2011 Moms

Sex!

We need some new life up in here! So let's hear it if you care to share. How's your sex life going now that LO is over a year old?

It seems like magically mine is back. I EBF LO for over a year. The boobs sadly aren't the same anymore. I really hate the almost flat as a pancake look, and I'm almost there. I finally feel like my old self again now that I'm no longer taking BC. DH had a V so we're just crusing along nicely. I think in the past 2 weeks we've done it more than in the past 6 months! I'm happy, he's happy and it finally seems that we are back in the same place as "the good ole days".

Hopefully this new found energy will transfer to me finally loosing the 50+ pounds I want to loose before my 30th in July. I promise you, if I do it, I'll post up a before and after pic on here. Wink  No more hiding.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: Sex!

• Currently abysmal, but I am on pelvic rest until at earliest the last day of January.

BFP #1 10/13/09 EDD 06/20/10 DS Born on 06/26/10
    BFP #2 03/08/11 EDD 11/16/11 DD Born on 11/04/11
    BFP #3 08/29/12 EDD 05/06/13 M/C on 08/30/12
    BFP #4 11/01/12 EDD 07/09/2013 M/C on 12/28/12
    BFP #5 04/30/13 EDD 01/03/14 DS Born on 01/02/14
    BFP #6 01/11/15 EDD 09/22/15 M/C 03/09/15
  • Ha! 

Red:  So glad things are going great for you guys!  I'm sure that it's been alot more fun now that you don't have to worry about any 'accidents'. 

For some reason - post delivery made us feel like teenagers again.  We waited the 6 weeks but it was killer.  I am definitely a TON more self concious about my body so that part is no fun but we appreciate eachother a ton more and are back in the groove. 

Do you remember when we were pg and people would post about getting their groove on solo due to pregnancy increased sex drive?  lol..the things we talked about when we were pregnant.

• Loading the player...
  • Well we are pretty regular about making time for it but it has definitely slowed down in the last few months. We both work a lot and LO is a terrible sleeper and we never have any money to go do anything so it is hard to get in the lovey mindset.
  • imagedesine77:
    Well we are pretty regular about making time for it but it has definitely slowed down in the last few months. We both work a lot and LO is a terrible sleeper and we never have any money to go do anything so it is hard to get in the lovey mindset.

I hear ya except I SAH and we are on a bit of a budget.  Friday, we were sitting watching Grey's Anatomy when DH turned on motown on his phone, got out some wine and pretended he needed me across the room.  Sneaky, sneaky - he whipped out some smooth dance moves.  Hilarious.  Instant lovey mindset.

When in doubt, or too broke to go out, put on some motown and enjoy.  :)

• We've maintained pretty well with 2 kids.  Still getting it about 3 times a week.  I had my Mirena removed and replaced with Paraguard on Halloween and being hormone free has improved my sex drive tremendously.
    photo a42489fa-98a3-436b-b31b-266d7d204e5d_zpsde5f201a.jpg
    my read shelf:
    Molly's book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf)Follow Me on Pinterest
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    Anniversary
  • imagembgreenwalt:
    We've maintained pretty well with 2 kids.  Still getting it about 3 times a week.  I had my Mirena removed and replaced with Paraguard on Halloween and being hormone free has improved my sex drive tremendously.
  • imagembgreenwalt:
    We've maintained pretty well with 2 kids.  Still getting it about 3 times a week.  I had my Mirena removed and replaced with Paraguard on Halloween and being hormone free has improved my sex drive tremendously.

Damn woman! I would love to get it three times a week! lol

• imagedesine77:

imagembgreenwalt:

Damn woman! I would love to get it three times a week! lol

We're currently up to 3x week, 4x on the weekend! There was even a 2am booty call. I think the last time we did that was 8 or 9 years ago! Being hormone free is helping a lot. I never realized how much my BCP were weighing me down. Here's hoping that things improve for some of you!

• Still breastfeeding here, so I hope that has a lot to do with it, but we have sex about once every two weeks....  It takes a lot for me to get in the mood, and I'd rather just sleep. 

- Ava -  11-29-11

- Violet -  10-9-13

• Sex? What is that? 

It could be better, but we go in spurts. One month we will DTD a couple times a week and the next it could only be a couple times a month. It just depends on the stress level at the time. We also tend to have sex more often if we go to bed earlier. If we are watching a movie or DH is playing computer games until 10:30 or 11, it just won't happen. I like my sleep. it may sound sad, but he will get plenty when we are TTC again. :-) 

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • We're staying pretty active. I am surprised to have had a great sex drive since LO was born. Atleast once a week..sometimes 5 times a week. It totally varies on how much we are working how tired we are.

Baby Boy #2 is on the way!

BabyFetus Ticker
  • imageallisonty11:
    Still breastfeeding here, so I hope that has a lot to do with it, but we have sex about once every two weeks....  It takes a lot for me to get in the mood, and I'd rather just sleep. 

Ditto. Still BF, so have little drive. And ds is stil up 2-3 times a night..so I am just really tired all the time.

We are working on weaning, and I am hoping that will help. I am sure my Mirena doesn't help, but we don't have plans for another baby, so I am keeping it for now.

b/w=FSH 15.6, AMH 0.4 surprise natural BFP on 3/12/11
    DS born via unplanned C-section at 40w6d

• OMG, some of you are doing it 3-4x a week?!!  Good for you.  My DH would be super jealous.  It's been pretty spotty with us.  I'm still bf and it's not anywhere on my mind.  When we DTD, it's still not overly comfortable.  I feel like a terrible wife b/c I know DH would love to do it more.  Maybe someday we'll get back into the groove.
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

• H!! Um... never!!  I had an awesome drive up until baby was born, and since then zero, nada, zilch.  So kudos to all of you! I am seriously hoping it returns when I stop BF (I'm sure my husband does too, LOL)

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"