Trying to Get Pregnant

Prenatals...

I have been taking the gummy prenatal vitamins and I told my dr today about those and she said that they are still good to take but taking a "regular" vitamin would be better. But how are you suppose to swallow those "horsepills"? Can you somehow break them or for those who have a hard time swallowing a big pill how do you do it or what would you suggest? 

Lilypie Trying to Conceive Event tickersDaisypath Anniversary tickers Trying to Conceive Ticker Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Re: Prenatals...

• I just take a women's daily vitamin with folic acid.  If I get a BFP, I'll switch to "real" prenatals...

TTCAL Siggy Challenge: "He's my favorite.  His birthday is the same as mine almost"

image image

Missing my little one lost at 9 weeks on 2.24.13. brokenhearted but not broken... 

d&c 5/21/13... Still Healing, Still Standing... 

MMC discovered 10/2/2013, TWINS... d&c 10/7/2013.  I still miss you, little ones. 

Surgery December 2013 to remove a 10+cm fibroid... Open myomectomy. Benched for 3-9 months... 
    Will TTC summer Summer 2014 we hope!

Dear God, Since I couldn't hold my little one in my lap and tell him about you, could you hold him in your lap and tell him about me? 

PgAL and PAL always welcome...
  • Mine aren't any bigger than a Tylenol gelcap or something.  What kind are you getting?
  • Loading the player...
  • I take Target pre-natals, and they are about the size of a tylenol and are coated.  Try taking a few sips of water to wet your throat before you try to swallow your pill.  That really helps me.
  • First- @beth&derek-  LOVE your cat pic- looks like mine.

Sto71- When I told my OB Hubby and i were trying to conceive and asked for prenatals- he prescribed OB complete one.  Yea they're kinda big so i drink with lots of water.  If your pills are time release- it is not advised to break it up as it will not disolve the way intended.  

• My prenatal is about the same size as a Tylenol but my calcium pills are HUGE. Lots of water and a drink of water before. 
  • imagePikachu369:
    I take Target pre-natals, and they are about the size of a tylenol and are coated.  Try taking a few sips of water to wet your throat before you try to swallow your pill.  That really helps me.
    This works for me. 
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Just pretend like you are "swallowing" ... easy as that, enjoy!
  • imagechicsahm:
    Just pretend like you are "swallowing" ... easy as that, enjoy!
    :dry heave: never been able to swallow.
  • Lilypie - Personal pictureBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    Image and video hosting by TinyPicimageimagePregnancy Ticker
    August '15 January Siggy Challenge "Favorite Mean Girl" 
    Marianne Bryant - Easy A
  • A little late on this, but I have the same problem and I find if I take it with something carbonated,  I don't feel the pill going down because of the fizzy-ness.  That's the only way I can take any pills. 
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • I've never had an issue. I don't know what kind of "horsepills" you are taking, but the prenatals I take aren't any bigger than an advil or something. How do you swallow food??
  • I have trouble with horse pulls too.  The best way I have found to swallow them is to take them with milk instead of water.
    DX: Hashimoto's - August 2012

Me:30 / DH: 31

BFP#1 after 15 cycles on 12/1/2013 EDD 8/7/2014

Anniversary

• I can't relate to those who have trouble swallowing pills.  I've never had a problem.  I just take a sip of water and swallow.  Smaller pills (like when I was on BCP) I could do without water.

I do have a coworker that can't swallow any pills (not even itty bitty BCP). I'd have to imagine that it's more of a mental thing than anything else. She even has trouble brushing her teeth. She actually had to crush up her prenatals and added them to yogurt of applesauce or chewed them. She has to do the same thing with Tylenol or any other pill.

Pregnancy Ticker
  • I think I've tried at least 4 different types of prenatal vitamins but they all make me sick to my stomach :[ I've never been keen on swallowing pills and have a terrible gag reflex. But I found the gummy prenatal vitamins and so far I have not had a problem with them.... My only concern is that the gummy vitamin does not have any iron. I will call my OB tomorrow and ask if I should take an extra iron supplement :] I always forget to ask a question or two when I see him. I'm glad he's very cool though :]
  • I have issues swallowing pills also, my doctor prescribed me chewable prenatals and said they are fine.  But maybe you can ask her to find you smaller prenatals that you can take more often like PP suggested? 

BabyFruit Ticker

• I used to take Trader Joe's brand, and they're big and not coated and I had trouble swallowing them sometimes. So I went to Osco looking for gummies, but they were out of stock, but they did have some that were coated, and I got those instead and now they're super easy to swallow! Yay! And they even include DHA, whereas TJ's, Whole Foods, etc., do not. So now I don't have to take extra DHA either! Yay!
    Finally updating my signature and avatar, August 29, 2011 (better late than never!) Jake! (born July 3, 2011 - 6 days past due) Image and video hosting by TinyPic December Siggy Challenge: Favorite Holiday Movie Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"