Trying to Get Pregnant

NTTGP: My husband fights dirty

Sorry everyone, this is more of a vent than anything else. I don't really know what to do anymore.

My husband is (generally) a great guy. He does a lot for me, he's kind and he works hard. But he flies off the handle at almost nothing.

When we disagree or I do something wrong he absolutely goes ballistic.

Tonight he placed a pot (closed) with pasta in the sink. I washed my hands over the closed pot because I didn't think anything was in there, and he went flucking nuts. He said I'm stupid, lazy and he's "sick of always cleaning up my messes." I'm not exaggerating... nothing else set him off. We were having a lovely dinner until I washed my hands over the closed pot.

I calmly told him he's overreacting, and he said, "fluck off. go do nothing like you always do."

Last week I casually said I didn't like the color of our bedroom, and he again he LOST it on me. Calling me names, and freaking out thinking I was going to spend money to fix it. I think his exact words were, "flucking move out them.. fluck you."

His meltdowns always result in me just walking away and not engaging with him, but it really hurts. He eventually comes and finds me 30 minutes later, apologizes and swears he won't do it again... but he does.

I don't know what to do anymore. How do you know when enough is enough? Is this abuse or is this just a bad side of him? 

ETA: grammar  

DS #1 born 12.3.13
BFP #2 09.21.14 EDD: 06.06.15

BabyFetus Ticker

Re: NTTGP: My husband fights dirty

• Does he hit you? 

• That is a problem.  Nobody (especially your husband) should ever be talking to you like that.  I hope you find a solution very soon.  Good luck.
                                                                              Married 12/17/2011
                                                                                  K born 8/31/12                                 
                                                                                  C born 1/11/14
                                                                  BFP #3 Nov 2014: D&C January 2015
                                                                  BFP #4 Sept 2016: Due May 31 2017

• Loading the player...
  • imageBanker&BSN:

Does he hit you? 

Never 

DS #1 born 12.3.13

BabyFetus Ticker
  • That's abuse I'd be talking to a therapist and figuring out your options. Trying to get him help should be your number one priority.

Married 11/21/2018

Me: 33 / DH: 33

TTC #1 since 2012, finally successful in 2016

BFP 11/29/2013 - EDD 8/9/2014 - MMC 12/31/2013 8 weeks 2 days - Tried to MC naturally for 4 weeks, D&C 2/2/2014

IUI 01/25/2016 - BFP 2/5/2016 - Natural Home Delivery to our DD 10/8/2016

IUD removed 10/3/2018 

Ready to TTC for #2

TTGP Siggy Challenge-Thanksgiving Dinner Fails:
  • imageSlapptastic:

That's verbal abuse.

You shouldn't be yelled at like that.

This. There is absolutely no excuse for him speaking to you like this, no matter what he's like when he isn't ticked off. Not cool at all. 

• imagepenelopemaria:
    imageBanker&BSN:

Does he hit you? 

Never 

I would look into counseling ASAP.  This is verbal and emotional abuse and there is NEVER a time when this is okay.   

• That sounds like a really frustrating, uncomfortable environment to live in. What he is doing is a form of abuse and it should not be happening. No one has the right to treat you that way and you shouldn't have to live like that.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I forgot to add; I really hope you are not TTC with him.. Probably not a good idea until he gets help.

Married 11/21/2018

Me: 33 / DH: 33

TTC #1 since 2012, finally successful in 2016

BFP 11/29/2013 - EDD 8/9/2014 - MMC 12/31/2013 8 weeks 2 days - Tried to MC naturally for 4 weeks, D&C 2/2/2014

IUI 01/25/2016 - BFP 2/5/2016 - Natural Home Delivery to our DD 10/8/2016

IUD removed 10/3/2018 

Ready to TTC for #2

TTGP Siggy Challenge-Thanksgiving Dinner Fails:
  • imagePugMum:
    That's abuse I'd be talking to a therapist and figuring out your options. Trying to get him help should be your number one priority.

I disagree. Take care of yourself first, and make sure you are safe before you start worrying about him. 

• As others have said, you need to get him into counseling and counseling together.  When he is calm, you need to tell him that what he is doing is very wrong and he needs to fix things so he will never do it again.

BFP: 1.19.2013 - EDD: 10.2.2013 - It's a girl! 9.25.13: Welcome Addison!

• If he's acting like that over you stating an opinion on the color of your bedroom, I would hate to think how he might react to a child actually doing annoying kid things. I would see a therapist with him, make sure he is following through for a considerable amount of time, have a set amount of time to wait and see if he regresses and then think about bringing kids into the mix. Wish you luck, that must be stressful to deal with.
    A: 10.02.03     

M: 01.28.11 
  • imageCayleighDawn:

imagePugMum:
    That's abuse I'd be talking to a therapist and figuring out your options. Trying to get him help should be your number one priority.

I disagree. Take care of yourself first, and make sure you are safe before you start worrying about him. 

Absolutely.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • imageanamouse:
    It sounds like he's verbally abusive (one sign is that he keeps promising it won't happen again). I agree you don't deserve to be treated like that. No one does.  

This.  

• All these ladies had great things to say. Definitely look into counseling, both solo and as a couple.  I wish you the best of luck.
  • imagePhilaPhan:
    If he's acting like that over you stating an opinion on the color of your bedroom, I would hate to think how he might react to a child actually doing annoying kid things. I would see a therapist with him, make sure he is following through for a considerable amount of time, have a set amount of time to wait and see if he regresses and then think about bringing kids into the mix. Wish you luck, that must be stressful to deal with.

This.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Married Since March 2011 TTC since July 2011 Medical issues finally sorted out May 2012
  • imageGhostMonkey:

It's abuse and he will do it to any and all children you have. Still think having a child with him is a good idea?

Get out. If he is willing to do therapy for both himself and for you two as a couple, you can consider going back. Otherwise run. It will escalate.

I agree with GM. 

TTC #1 since 10/2012.
    BFP#1 11/28/12, MC, BFP #2 CP
    BFP #3 10/21/2013, EDD 7/3/2014
    Beta #1 (4W6D): 1768 Beta #2 (5W1D): 5255
    1st US at 6W4D HB of 112 BPM!

1/20/2014: IT'S A GIRL!

6/30/2014: Happy birthday baby M!

• imageGhostMonkey:
    It's abuse and he will do it to any and all children you have. Still think having a child with him is a good idea? Get out. If he is willing to do therapy for both himself and for you two as a couple, you can consider going back. Otherwise run. It will escalate. nbsp;

This! My father was emotionally abusive, and this sounds exactly like what he would do to my mother...in front of me! He needs help, or he may yell at your children too. Protect yourself, and your future children!
    imageimage
  • that is definitely verbal and emotional abuse. I'm glad he doesn't hit you but it's serious nonetheless. I am so sorry you are going through that, no one should and you don't have to. I just get a bad feeling while reading your post....He may not be physically abusive now but things do tend to escalate. I'm so sorry and please be safe.
    Anniversary Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Image and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPic
    3TC March Siggy Challenge: Funny Internet Meme Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Age: Me 26, DH 27, Married Oct. 10, 2009 ,TTC since March 2012
    Problem: Irregular menstruation, unexplained
    Nov&Dec-Provera because of no period after 35+ days
    First RE appt 1/10/2013
    Tests: TSH (normal), Prolactin (normal), SA (abnormal)
    Hysteroscopy (normal) and PCOS labs (negative/normal) 1/15/2013
    2/1/13- HPT BFP but Beta Hcg was negative
    Plan: Femara + Trigger + IUI in April if no real BFP before then Bloggy Blog!
  • imageSlapptastic:

That's verbal abuse.

You shouldn't be yelled at like that.

This. 

OP, your husband needs help.  I went through a very similar situation in my marriage.  My husband would fly off the handle at the smallest thing.  I would get screamed at, sweared at, and called names.  A little while after the fight he would appologize, tell me he wouldn't do it again, and admit that he has anger issues and promise that he would get help.  We would be ok for awhile and then the cycle would repeat.  It got to the point that I was constantly worried that I would set him off. 

Eventually I hit my breaking point.  After one fight, he threatened to leave and instead of begging him to stay, I let him go.  I told him that I couldn't live like that anymore and he had to get help for his anger.  I think when Iet him go, it was his wake up call.  He ended up coming back and he made an appointment with a therapist.  It turns out that he was diagnosed with anxiety/depression and he was prescribed antidepressants.  On the medication he is a changed person.  We also did some couples counseling as well.  It really helped us learn how to communicate better.  It also really helped DH to learn that every disagreement is not the end of the world. 

I would recommend counseling for the both of you. If he refuses, go to counseling by yourself. 

imageimageimageimageimage

TTC #1 since August 2011

My Blog

September 2012: Start IF testing

DH (32): SA is ok, slightly low morph, normal SCSA  Me (32): Slightly low progesterone, hostile CM, carrier for CF, Moderately high NKC, High TNFa, heterozyogous mutated Factor XIII, and +APA

October 2012-May 2014: 4 failed IUIs, 3 failed IVFs, and 1 failed FETw/donor embryos

November 2014: IVF w/ICSI #4 Agonist/Antagonist with EPP and Prednisone, Baby Aspirin, Lovenox, and IVIG for immune issues.  Converted to freeze all due to lining issues.  2 blasts frozen on day 6!

January 2015: FET #2 Cancelled due to lining issues

April 2015: FET #2.1

PAIF/SAIF Welcome!

• Yes, that is definitely verbal and emotional abuse.

Has he always been this way? Is he having outbursts more often? Is it just toward you?

My dad was physically, emotionally and verbally abusive. This isn't something to mess with. I agree with GM. It will get worse. Trust me. I would leave and I wouldn't go back until he gets some help. And if you're TTC with him, STOP.

GL with everything.
    <3 *Evan Michael* <3
    {06/15/2010 ~ 9lbs. 4oz, 22.5in.}
    <3 *Twin Angel Babies* <3
    {Said Goodbye on 08/13/2011 at 17w3d}
    No longer TTC
    *~Kisses to My Bestie Boo, ScrappyLika~*

• These ladies covered it all but I want to add good luck, keep YOUR best interest in mind and stay safe!
  • I don't usually put this out there, but my oldest son's father was abusive towards me. It started out exactly how you described YH, but it escalated. He slapped me around, grabbed me by my arms and held me backwards over our back balcony. The day I finally opened my eyes, he had his hands wrapped around my neck until I saw black spots. To this day, I still have no clue how I got away from him when he was doing that.

Please, talk to a relative and get out of the house until you can go to counseling. Stay safe!

• I left my husband in September because of exactly this type of behavior and have never been happier. Feel free to PM me at any time if you'd like to talk.

TTC since June 2010.
    DX hypothyroidism, pituitary hyperfunction, and PCOS.
    On med/treatment break indefinitely. Not currently trying.
    Lots of love to all of my Golden Girls!
    The Vagtastic Voyage
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • I always think it is weird when people tell a story and ask for marriage advice as serious as "Should I leave him?".

We don't know you.

We don't know what really happened.

See a counselor because if you leave him because a bunch of internet strangers tell you to, that's a pretty flimsy reason.  Strangers are good at suggesting restrurants for anniversaries or gifts for baby showers.  Not "divorce or no divorce".

It's not that I think you're lying - it's that we should have no part in the decision on what you should do with your marriage. 

• Thank you everyone. I truly appreciate it. I told my mom once and her reply was something along the lines of, "Well, no one is perfect. Me and your dad had major fights back in the day, and now we're really happy." 

What's just really scary is how I can't trust him with my feelings. I mean I am bawling my eyes out of the bed, asking him how we can talk to me like that, and he just leaves to go out with his friends. When I asked him why he speaks to me like that, he says, "you never listen..."

I don't know what to do, so I think personal counselling is a #1 priority.

Thank you again everyone. It means a lot to me.

And BTW - no, we aren't TTCing... Off-topic slightly, but the thought of having a daughter and some prick talking to her like this one day makes me feel sick.  

DS #1 born 12.3.13

BabyFetus Ticker
  • imageshecodes:

This is verbal abuse IMHO.  Only you can decide when enough is enough, but I would encourage you to go to a counselor asap.  See if he will go with you, but if he won't go without him.   Whatever you do, don't ignore it.   

Please be careful too... sometimes the angry outburts can graduate to something more.

I agree.

imageimageimage

Trying to get knocked up since June 2012 ~ Dx: PCOS

BFP 7.24.13 ~ EDD 4.2.14 ~ m/c  9.16.13 @ 11w4d

BFP 5.4.14 ~ EDD 1.12.15 ~ stick little bean!

TTGP 2013 Best Blog ~ Fruit ~ My BFP Chart 

• That is verbal abuse from him. How long have you been married and did he do this before you did get married? Talking to your spouse like that is uncalled for. And if youre TTC and he does this with you how will he handle your child if they do something wrong?
    Lilypie Trying to Conceive Event tickersDaisypath Anniversary tickers Trying to Conceive Ticker Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • This is definitely sounding like verbal abuse. It is up to you when enough is enough, but maybe you can find someone to mediate a discussion about why he has these angry episodes.

Does he drink or anything like that?

**Siggy/Ticker Warning**   

TTC #1 since May 2012

May 2013: First R.E. appointment

DH: SA is good

May 2013: CD3 Blood work-normal
               June 2013: Hsg-Right tube blocked

July 26, 2013: Starting Follistim for IVF #1

August 2013: IVF #1 Cancelled- Abnormal embryos

October/November 2013: IVF #2 w/ICSI

November 8, 2013: Transferred two early blasts (no frosties) 

November 18, 2013: First EVER BFP! 

Beta#1: 91  Beta#2: 288

1st U/S- 5w2d Saw yolk sac!

3rd U/S- 7w4d HB of 157bpm!

TEAM BLUE!

http://movingtolight.blogspot.com/

imageimage

BabyFruit Ticker

BabyFetus Ticker

• imagejefa621:
    imagepenelopemaria:
    imageBanker&BSN:

Does he hit you? 

Never 

Until he does.  OP I watched a very good friend go through this and I know how hard it is.  But you need to get out of there before you end up sitting with a friend in the ER because he broke your hand, and then going to the courthouse for a restraining order.  It was hard enough being with my friend watching her go through this, let alone be in her shoes.  Get out and get help.  Please.

Same. A close friend and my sister both went through this. You can be sure, it will get worse.

I hope he'll agree to counseling, but if he doesn't, run and don't look back.

Our sweet girl is 3!

Lilypie - (R7Ux)

• imagepenelopemaria:

Thank you everyone. I truly appreciate it. I told my mom once and her reply was something along the lines of, "Well, no one is perfect. Me and your dad had major fights back in the day, and now we're really happy." 

What's just really scary is how I can't trust him with my feelings. I mean I am bawling my eyes out of the bed, asking him how we can talk to me like that, and he just leaves to go out with his friends. When I asked him why he speaks to me like that, he says, "you never listen..."

I don't know what to do, so I think personal counselling is a #1 priority.

Thank you again everyone. It means a lot to me.

And BTW - no, we aren't TTCing... Off-topic slightly, but the thought of having a daughter and some prick talking to her like this one day makes me feel sick.  

these ladies have good advice. There was a similar situation in my family and it wasn't until she took a took a step back ( left for awhile) that they could figure things out . Maybe life without you will jump start him seeing the need to change. 

Lilypie - Personal pictureBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    Image and video hosting by TinyPicimageimagePregnancy Ticker
    August '15 January Siggy Challenge "Favorite Mean Girl" 
    Marianne Bryant - Easy A
  • imagePhilaPhan:
    If he's acting like that over you stating an opinion on the color of your bedroom, I would hate to think how he might react to a child actually doing annoying kid things. I would see a therapist with him, make sure he is following through for a considerable amount of time, have a set amount of time to wait and see if he regresses and then think about bringing kids into the mix. Wish you luck, that must be stressful to deal with.

This.

OP, I really hope you are able to get some help for both of you. Also, like others said only you know when enough is enough. Abuse of any form is NEVER ok, please take care of yourself!

BFP 1/30/13 EDD 10/6/13Image and video hosting by TinyPic BabyFruit Ticker
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
  • My dh gets mad at stupid stuff like that, too. However, he has NEVER called me names, yelled and screamed, or hit me.
    When he gets mad like that he will either step outside and calm down or he will be silent until he has his emotions under control. Then when DS goes to bed he will calmly approach me about it.
    He has said a quick fluck, or son of a b, but never directed at me.
    What my dh does is healthy, what your dh does is not.
    My DH had to learn what he does through anger management when he was a teenager. It might be time for you and your DH to look into that.
    I hope every thing works out for you.

Baby Birthday Ticker TickerBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • That's absolutely verbal abuse! You shouldn't have to worry about being yelled at for stupid little things.

TTC #1 since August 2012

BFP 7/5/13 ~EDD 3/17/14 - MC 7/22/13

DX PCOS 9/17/13 - Cyst on left ovary benched on BCP

10/12/13 Cyst is gone starting cycle #1 Femara - U/S shows no response

11/19/13 Large cyst on right ovary. Benched again.

12/18/13 2 cm cyst still on my right ovary. Back to BCP. 

1/10/14 start femara 5mg for 10 days

IAmPregnant Ticker}
  • imageayamw:
    These ladies covered it all but I want to add good luck, keep YOUR best interest in mind and stay safe!

This. Good luck and I would definitely put TTC on hold for a bit

photo 46122502-649c-4d9b-a99e-dc22cf009d51_zpsf72c5124.jpg photo mason4_zps7f19f81c.jpg

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker TTC 07/2010, Dx with PCOS 11/2011, H's S/A= Perfect!!! HSG= both tubes clear!
    Round #6- 7.5mg Femara+ .5mg Dex+ 75iu Gonal-F+ hCG trigger+ IUI=BFP!!!
    Beta #1(14dpo)- 94 Beta#2(22dpo)- 1,619 Beta#3 (28dpo)- 11,396!!!

Just a Little Blog

• imagepenelopemaria:

Thank you everyone. I truly appreciate it. I told my mom once and her reply was something along the lines of, "Well, no one is perfect. Me and your dad had major fights back in the day, and now we're really happy."

I think that a lot of times parents are not the best people to go to for this sort of advice.

When I had my first job when I was 18, I was being sexually harassed/assaulted by my douchebag boss. It started so gradually that I wasn't sure if it was my fault for not stopping things sooner. I tried to talk to my parents about it, but subconsciously I probably downplayed how serious it was because I was embarrassed. I'm pretty sure they thought I was exaggerating how serious it was. My father's response was to tell me that I needed this job and I shouldn't have let it get so far.

Your mom doesn't know what's going on inside your relationship. Even if you describe it to her in detail, she still won't necessarily fully understand it. Please get some help. This kind of problem doesn't generally just go away with time.

imageimage
  • Has he always been this way?   If this is out of character for his everyday behavior then I would think that something is weighing heavy on his mind.  Have you tried to talk about what's bothering him? 

If this is his behavior every.single.day since you've known him, I would tell him that you refuse to tolerate that crap.  Either he learns to cope with life in a mature manner or you leave him.  You draw a line in the sand of what you will tolerate and what you will not.  

photo notebook.jpg 

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers 
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • imagepantherRN:
    imageGhostMonkey:

It's abuse and he will do it to any and all children you have. Still think having a child with him is a good idea?

Get out. If he is willing to do therapy for both himself and for you two as a couple, you can consider going back. Otherwise run. It will escalate.

I agree with GM. 

Lots and Lots of This ^^^. Just stop and imagine yourself with an infant in this environment - no sleep, lots of crying and stress. If he snaps about the bedroom color, you can be sure he'll snap under that kind of pressure. Counseling is a great tool - just be sure to research where you go. You'll want to find someone you can both feel comfortable with, and one that has a good reputation. 

Image and video hosting by TinyPic Welcome Daniel! Image and video hosting by TinyPic Lilypie First Birthday tickers image image image
  • imageGhostMonkey:

Absolutely all of this.  

• Please get help, this is not normal or healthy!  Good luck!  ::::hugs::::

BabyFruit Ticker

• imageGhostMonkey:

This. OP, I left my first husband because his verbal abuse eventually escalated into physical abuse.  I know you may be thinking to yourself that "it's not that bad" but this type of volatility is always dangerous. My PM box is open to you if you need someone to talk to.

Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie First Birthday tickers image
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"