2nd Trimester

making a registry just to get completion coupon?

My family and best friend want to have a shower for our little guy - but I'm not to sure I want one since this is our second baby. The reason they want to throw one is because we have our DD who had a shower, so most of our things are pink. I on the other hand am fine just getting things on our own, at a slow pace. So I thought of making a registry so I could get the completion coupon. Would that registry have to be public? Or could it be hidden?  Anyone have any insight?
Married my BEST FRIEND on December 1, 2007. Started TTC in March 2008. Found out we were expecting our first child in October 2008 - but had a m/c in December 2008 - resulting in a d&e. Met with a RE in May 2009 and set a plan - but conceived unexpectedly on our own! Our precious little Sophia was born on February 9, 2010! Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

Re: making a registry just to get completion coupon?

• The second showers, I think, people have different opinions on. If your friends really want to throw you one, why not? And for a different gender, it's not horrible. But to answer your question, why not? If no one ends up seeing it anyway you can just put stuff on the registry you want then end the coupon to get things yourself too. I made a registry for baby #2 but just for me. I haven't told anyone about it.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker CafeMom Tickers JAN09-Oct09: TTC Naturally. OCT09: HSG- Normal NOV09: Round 1 Clomid 50mg CD5-9= BFN DEC09: Round 2 Clomid 100mg CD5-9= BFN JAN10: Round 3 Clomid 100mg CD3-7= BFN FEB10: Round 4 Clomid 150mg CD5-9= BFN SA= 120 million, 54% Motility, 7% Morphology. JUN10: Round 5 Clomid, IUI, unsuccessful. JUL10: DONE & FED UP. OCT10: Started Integrative Reiki Energy Therapy. NOV 05, 2010: BFP! SEPT 20, 2012: BFP! More Reiki and Baby Z #2 is on his way! Due May 29, 2013
  • I made one just for the completion coupon! I have no idea if anyone will throw a shower and I don't expect it at all- so I'm just using the registry to organize things and get the coup! Do it!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker BabyFetus Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Heck yeah to completion coupons!  I haven't had a shower since #1.  Every little bit helps and if you don't advertise your registry, who is even going to know?
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker  Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • When I got married I registered at about 6 places just to get the goodies they offered!  JCP, for instance, gave away a planner that I lived off of!  Macy's had some special going on, too, that I went in and took advantage of.  The only registry I told anyone about was the Target and BB&B registries, and those are the only ones anyone even checked out.  So if a store is offering a good deal for setting up a registry, I say go for it.  Maybe it's cheating the system a bit but we're low-budget and there are some great deals out there for setting up registries.  I may get flamed for that but... eh.  I don't really care.  

Not sure if you can make registries private, but you can register under made-up names if you really wanted to.

B born 7/15/13, C born 3/2/15, #3 on the way May '17

I’m a modern man, a man for the millennium. Digital and smoke free. A diversified multi-cultural, post-modern deconstruction that is anatomically and ecologically incorrect. I’ve been up linked and downloaded, I’ve been inputted and outsourced, I know the upside of downsizing, I know the downside of upgrading. I’m a high-tech low-life. A cutting edge, state-of-the-art bi-coastal multi-tasker and I can give you a gigabyte in a nanosecond! I’m new wave, but I’m old school and my inner child is outward bound. I’m a hot-wired, heat seeking, warm-hearted cool customer, voice activated and bio-degradable. I interface with my database, my database is in cyberspace, so I’m interactive, I’m hyperactive and from time to time I’m radioactive.

• Yupppppp do it for the coupons! Nothing wrong with that. Don't put identifying info- use first name last initial or something like that if they don't have a privacy option (I know you can keep amazon private, not sure about the rest). I've started registering all over just to get the coupons. 

Daisypath Anniversary tickers BabyFruit Ticker
  • imagecaroline1212:
    I made one just for the completion coupon! I have no idea if anyone will throw a shower and I don't expect it at all so I'm just using the registry to organize things and get the coup! Do it!

Ditto this. If someone wants to search for my registry and buy from it, I'm not going to stop them. And, because I like things at different stores, I have three store registries so that Hubby and I keep it all organized. I don't tell everyone I know about them...
  • This is baby #3 for me.  And you better believe I'm making a registry for the goodies and coupons and the completion coupon.  I still have stuff I need to buy.  I've got to go buy 3 new car seats and a brand new crib.  Do I plan on sharing the registry?  No.  If someone is nosy enough that they look and find it, there's not much I can do about it.  I'm not having a shower, not planning on really getting gifts.  These registries are for my personal use only.
  • Also places like babies R us will let you return stuff 90 days after you EDD if bought off a registry instead of the typical 30 day return policy. Im starting a registry just to buy big items like my carseat so when the baby comes if anything is wrong I can return it. Also I saw a 10 gift card coupon in a parenting mag for when you start a new registry.

• Wonderful, thanks girls! I'm going to start one and just not advertise it! I am all about the coupons so this will be great.
    Married my BEST FRIEND on December 1, 2007. Started TTC in March 2008. Found out we were expecting our first child in October 2008 - but had a m/c in December 2008 - resulting in a d&e. Met with a RE in May 2009 and set a plan - but conceived unexpectedly on our own! Our precious little Sophia was born on February 9, 2010! Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • I made several registries just for completion codes last pregnancy.  They can be private but at the same time who the heck cares if a friend sees something you want and gets you a gift.  How lovely to have such friends.

ETA: A girlfriend did end up throwing me a small shower for my second kiddo but I didn't share my registry with anyone.

Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers
    Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

• I made a babies r is registry to enter the win 250 contest. Then added pampers to it to be eligible for the pampers win your registry sweepstakes. There is no babies r us closer than 2 hours away...and we're cloth diapering.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • this is my third, but my youngest is almost 10 and i have nothing baby, nothing i absolutely need a shower to help out a little and i inviting everyone i know.
    IAmPregnant Ticker BabyFetus Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"