February 2013 Moms

Are we still having sex??

Sorry, I would make this a poll, but the Poll button isn't working.  Embarrassed
SAHM to DD1 (7), DS (5) and DD2 (1)

Re: Are we still having sex??

• I am SO not interested, but I feel bad for DH.  At this stage of the game, it seems ridiculous at the worst, comedic at best.

Anyone still getting busy?

SAHM to DD1 (7), DS (5) and DD2 (1)
  • ahahahahahahahahahaha

No. 

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • We are...not that it's easy to find comfortable positions though....

• Yes, about once a week, and it's all for DH. I am not interested at all.

DH even said (jokingly...at least I hope) that we need to increase the frequency now with LO being due so soon, because it's going to be awhile once he's born.  If looks could kill... 

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Yes.
    BFP #1 6/18/2012 // EDD 2/28/2013 // Birthdate 2/7/2013

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

• I want to, but between the exhaustion and the awkward positioning, if it doesn't happen, I'm ok with it. Haha.

• I wish we were, but I sometimes get the impression that DH feels a bit awkward about it at this stage.  And when he feels awkward, that really dampens the mood.  Plus I know he still thinks I'm too tired, sore, etc to be doing that much physical activity.  Maybe I'll jump him some night this week.  I'm getting antsy.
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers image image
  • i try to at least once a week...LOL

I feel bad for DH...haha...and to think that it will be at least 5-6 weeks after baby gets here...Im trying to "satisfy" him before the drought...LOL

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Up until two days ago we were.  Now the bump seems to get in the way :(
  • Yes at 35 weeks it feels GREAT! The best it's been since I got pregnant! Sorry if TMI hehehe
  • Lets up it this way:

I cant even remember the last time i had sex! hahaha

• imagemroy82:

Lets up it this way:

This totally! I feel like I am the only one not having sex...I think we have had it a total of 2 or 3 times since I have been pregnant....YIKES
  • We were almost daily up until 31 weeks, when I spent a night in L&D for contractions and got put on pelvic rest :( I was taken off at 34 weeks, and we've only had sex about 4 times since then. He's become too scared it'll set me off, but I'm still ready to go!! I somehow managed to keep my increased sex drive this entire time. Now, the past few times we've done it, the positioning has become extremely awkward so we may be stuck with doggy style from here on out... and I could see how the repetition may kind of kill the mood =/

Archer Liam - 2/6/13
    Freya Lillian - 11/15/15
  • Ahh no... i try because i feel bad for DH but its just so uncomfortable and I'm never in the mood. But now that I'm almost 38 weeks I'm going to try to suck it up to help get things going and since it will be 6 weeks after the birth til we can have some fun again!
  • imageDC2London:
    Yes, but it's really just uncomfortable for me.  I do it for him, and bc semen helps soften the cervix.

REALLY? I didn't know that. Cool!

• I want to for DH but the bleeding after is just too stressful. I think we might start resorting to other forms of bedroom activity :)
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • I want it, DH doesn't. He said it's weird knowing there's a baby in there kicking. I'm going crazyyyy!

• Last attempt ended with me in tears first because I was in pain - cervix felt like it was being assaulted. Next because I am the worst wife ever for not being able to do it. Luckily I have a very sweet and understanding DH.
    Jen
    Mom to Ava 12.21.04 and Austin 10.22.06
    BFP 12/5/11...natural m/c 12/23/11 Pregnancy Ticker
  • Nope.  We've only had sex once since being pregnant.  I was on pelvic rest after my IVF, and when my RE "lifted" the ban we gave it a go.  Within 12 hours my SCH opened up and I was bleeding like crazy.  DH said he's too afraid to have sex with me.  I miss it -  a lot.
    Me: 35 DH: 37 TTC since 4/2010
    DX: 6/9/2011: Azoo ICSI/IVF only option for biological child
    IVF #1: ER - 9/26 * ET - 10/1 * beta#1 10/13 - 140 * beta#2 10/17 - 477 * beta#3 10/20 - 1101
    1st u/s at 6w6d - one hb * 2nd u/s at 8w3d - no hb detected 11/10/11 * natural m/c 11/13/11
    FET #1 Jan/Feb 2012 - 3 delays - cancelled 2/13
    FET #1.2 - May/June 2012 - ET 6/6/* beta#1 6/15 - 95 * beta #2 6/19 - 322 * beta #3 6/22 - 940
    7/6 1st u/s @ 7 weeks - one beautiful hb - released from RE
    EDD 2/22/2013
    PAIF/SAIF/PGAL welcome
    imageimageimageimage
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • imagefitzgirl17:
    imagemroy82:

Lets up it this way:

This totally! I feel like I am the only one not having sex...I think we have had it a total of 2 or 3 times since I have been pregnant....YIKES

This is us. So sad. I feel bad for my DH but he's so great about it. As soon as I'm cleared after the baby gets here I'll make it up to him.

• We also have not had sex in weeks and I started to feel really bad about it. It got to the point where I was breaking down crying. My DH has been nothing, but great and he says he does not want it. I talked to my midwife and she told me that it was my homework to have sex with my DH. Of course he now has a nasty cold.
  • Not really. Once every couple of weeks we do, but there are only two positions that work (spooning and doggie), and neither one of us likes them very much. It's very awkward. I have pretty much no sex drive, so it doesn't bother me. DH hasn't been much into it either lately.
    PCOS with long, irregular cycles
    First round of Clomid in May 2012= BFP #1, DD born January 2013 
    BFP #2 in January 2014, DS born September 2014

View Full Size Image     View Full Size Image   

• Yup - it?s "business time" every weekend Wink

We are limited to spoons now as far as positions go, but I?m very happy that we are managing to keep our  weekly appointment. I feel a real need to stay connected with DH and he?s super attentive, so I?m always more than satisfied

It is rather...odd when Delilah?s kicking up a storm, but  we both know we won?t get it on much after she arrives, so  we are making the most of it while we can. Big Smile

• Were we ever? ;)  No, not really since conception.  I went from three months of severe vomitting to ten weeks of severe coughing to a broken rib.  Poor guy is a really, really good sport.

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickersLilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • Yes - a few days ago.  But I warned DH that it could be the last time.  I'm 37 weeks and feel gigantic!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Yep, about twice a week. 
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Really want to but last time we did I spent the whole time trying to avoid a charlie horse and now he's too freaked out with the idea of it because she's getting bigger...lol.
  • Always!! DH can't get enough and I am never satisfied. Its just awful that I am always gasping for breath and our positions are soooo limited. 
    Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie First Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Nope.  My lady bits are so swollen and sore, it's so painful!

Might need to try again to help labour along in a few weeks

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • imageDC2London:
    Yes, but it's really just uncomfortable for me. nbsp;I do it for him, and bc semen helps soften the cervix.

This exactly. But I am starting to be in the mood more than I have been my entire pregnancy.
  • imageByeByeBooze:
    We are once or twice a week. It's true that it's often more comical than sexy.

this! 

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Baby BROTHER is on the way! ~ EDD 6/12/2015
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Not very often...maybe once a week...At this point we're going on almost 2 weeks of no sex, but DH had the flu last week and I wouldn't go near him with a 10 foot pole.
    TTC 1: Off BCP late October 2011. BFP #1 Jan 2, 2012; EDD September 5, 2012; m/c Jan 12, 2012. BFP #2 June 14, 2012; EDD February 22, 2013.
    BabyFetus Ticker BabyFruit Ticker
    My super all about me birth story:
    Then: Fraternal twins born at 26 weeks in 1983. Me: 640 grams. Brother: 840 grams. Family kept watch in the NICU for 5 months before being allowed to go home. On oxygen for a year and a half after being released.
    Now: Me: PhD student and married. Brother: Lawyer and married.
    Dad's wedding speech: Thank you to all the family who stood watch and prayed for our children's survival. Well now the little scrawny chicken is married. Who would've thought? (Thanks dad for making me laugh and cry at the same time).
    My BFP Chart
  • I'd say we're trying to, but sometimes it's just too uncomfortable and awkward. Definitely not for my benefit anyhow! I just feel so bad for DH, because he tries so hard to say it doesn't bother him too much and he understands, but I can tell, lol. Poor guy.

So I do try at least once a week or so, but yeah, not very comfortable xD

• I am almost desperate enough to do it to see if it kick starts labor for me in the next week or two. Almost. 
    K & C | 9.17.10
    "With You By My Side, I Will Never Be Lost"

CafeMom Tickers

BabyFruit Ticker
  • We for sure are, I can't get enough. We do it with me on top still although DH really wants to try with me at the edge of the bed :S sorry for TMI. I figure it will be a while until we get to do it again as this is #3 so we need to get it in while we can! This whole pregnancy I have had a fantastic sex drive though, it's awesome lol.
    BabyFruit Ticker
    photo D0EE104210C440E48E28B53BA940865Bashx_zpsff62f0b1.gif photo A24F501B345347968B2BC922AD7C0613ashx_zpsf08f7401.gif
  • We did last week...it had been about 2 weeks since we'd done it though. I'd like to do it another couple times before LO is here since I will wait the full 6 weeks to do it with DS. However, my back/butt/leg pain is so intense I may not be able to stand it!
  • I threw him a bone last night and did some oral.  I'm way too sore for us to actually have sex though.  That isn't happening for a few more weeks, and then it will be to help move things along :)
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPicBaby Birthday Ticker TickerBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • imageDC2London:
    Yes, but it's really just uncomfortable for me.  I do it for him, and bc semen helps soften the cervix.

this. for this reason we do it almost every day, and of course for his sake because he still wants to have sex all the time so it's kinda a win win. 

• Ok, so I am 35 weeks and have been on pelvic rest since 27 weeks due to contractions.  Even though Im not in the mood for sex, I am craving an orgasm (which I cannot have right now).  I even had 2 in my sleep over the past 2 weeks.  I told my husband, when if we make it 38 weeks we are doing it!  Need to before my c-section and waiting period.  Its torture when you really want an orgasm but aren't supposed to... makes you crave it even more!
    3 angel babies; m/c 2009, 2010, 2011. Our little blessing is due February 2013. Lilypie Maternity tickers image
  • yes but last time I made him pull out quickly at the end because it hurt?!
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers PitaPata Dog tickers Screen Shot 2012-11-15 at 8.25.16 AM
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"