April 2013 Moms
Options

Are you at peace with LOs name?

I see that many of you have already decided what you are naming your knew babies.  I, on the other hand, don't have a name for my little girl and am hoping that when I meet her, it will just click and I'll know what to call her.  So whats the difference here?  How did you choose LOs name and how confident are you that it will "match" him/her?
image BabyFetus Ticker

Re: Are you at peace with LOs name?

• Options

Yep, we had a girls name all picked out and I was in loooooooooove with it.

But we're having a boy.  ;-)

I think we're naming him James, which would have been on my short list even if my FIL's name wasn't James -- but DH is SUPER close to his dad and wants that name and I"m fine with it.  We haven't decided on a middle name yet, but I have a pretty good idea of what i want it to be (Spencer -- which was my paternal grandmother's maiden name, and how my family is related to Winston Churchill).

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker   

BabyFruit Ticker

BabyFetus Ticker
  • Options
    Honestly, the first name is the only name we could both agree on (it wasn't my favorite, but I do like it.) I'm still not sharing it with many people because I'm afraid I'll change my mind once we meet him & the name won't "fit." The middle name we are still torn between 2- one has sentimental value (name of a relative that recently passed) but there is another name that I like much better. We're going to hold off making a final decision until we meet our little boy!
    BabyFetus Ticker BabyFruit Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Nope..  i've changed it a few times and i'm still not sure...
    BabyFetus Ticker
  • Options

I am NOT confident in my child's name at all....With DS1 I knew the moment I saw his U/S, with DS2 I didn't like his name at all and hubby refused to change it but by a year old now I love his name and is so him. Now with #3 we couldn't decide on a thing and I don't love any name. I just wrote down a list of 7 names that I liked and hubby picked from there. I am now wanting to change her name or keep it open for discussion but he is saying we decided its done, its a pretty name etc. I do like the name but just upset that I don't "love" it......I guess its like a wedding dress some people fall in love right away with one and then others never do.

I love the idea of choosing your top 3 and then waiting to see the baby to decide because the moment I saw DS2 I immed. thought of a name and hubby said no to changing that :)

GL!!

BabyFetus Ticker image
  • Options
    Totally. We had the same name picked out had DD been a boy. Layne is my H's mn and Michael is my dads name. However my husband picked out DDs name and I was far from excited about it, but boy does it fit her now.

Layne-May 6, 2013

Callie-February 14, 2011

• Options
    My husband and I suck at naming kids. He is generally not opinionated about anything and when it comes to names is super picky. We are Team Green this time, which makes it twice as hard to come up with names. We've chosen one name for each sex and I would say that we're not 100% on them but if neither of us are willing to invest more time on our kid's name I'm ok with the names we have chosen. 
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    I am because I've had the name for quite some time, it's after both my grandmoms
    BabyFetus Ticker BabyFruit Ticker IAmPregnant Ticker
  • Options
    Now if it had've been a boy I might not feel the same. Nothing strongly grabbed me.
    BabyFetus Ticker BabyFruit Ticker IAmPregnant Ticker
  • Options
    We are both in love with the name we've chosen, but we know there is a chance we will feel like it doesn't suit our LO when she is born.  For that reason, we haven't been consistently calling her by her name yet, or telling too many people what name we've chosen.  However, barring any surprising reactions to seeing LO for the first time, we will confidently name her Cecily Lucia. 

BFP #1: 08/17/2012  DD1 born 05/01/2013

BFP #2: 07/31/2015  M/C 09/23/2015 (11.5 weeks)

BFP #3: 12/16/2015 DD2 born 8/27/2016
  • Options
    I am definitely not "in love" with the name choice. FI told me way before we were pregnant that if we have a boy that he will be "the third." I was ok with this. Until we found out that we are actually having a boy! He has his heart set on it, and I am ok with using the name, but it's definitely not my top choice. There just seems to be no way to compromise on it, though, or our son won't officially be "Veron III." And I refuse to just use another name; if we call him Veron, I will call him Veron, no questions asked. Just wish he wasn't so set on it so I had some hope of swaying him!
    OMG too many tickers...
    Lilypie Kids Birthday tickersLilypie Kids Birthday tickers
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickersLilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options
    I love LO's name now. We had a hard time in the beginning because we loved the name Hailey and couldn't picture another name for our daughter, but my brother and SIL were naming their daughter Hailey (who was born yesterday), so we knew we couldn't use it. We finally agreed on Lacey and now I love it more than Hailey!

The perfect name will come to you and you will love it! :)
  • Options
    We don't have a name chosen yet - we have it narrowed down to 5. We didn't name my daughter until we were in the delivery room 
    Daughter E 08/31/2005
    Little Sister on the Way 04/23/2013
  • Options
    I feel like my daughter may never have a name. We had one all picked out but now we are wavering. More so my DH than me, but I don't blame him - I would've wavered if it was a boy. We do have a short list, and are really hopeful to have it finalized before she gets here!

"I won't give up on us, even if the skies get rough, I'm giving you all my love, I"m still looking up."
    TTC #1 since August 2011 MFI Diagnosis - April 2012
    IVF #1 - July 2012 - Stims start 7/2, ER 7/12, 20 retrieved, 16 mature, 13 fertilized!
    ET - 7/17 - 1 blast transferred. Beta - 7/26 273, Beta 2 7/30 - 1143. Beta 3 8/6 - 11,597
    12/25 - Santa tells us "IT'S A GIRL!" EDD - April 4th

Our Little Easter Bunny has arrived!

Molly Mildred born 03/31/13

TTC A Sibling....... FET #1 11/14/14, Transferred one beautiful blast

Remaining four frosties arrested due to "embryologist error"

Plllllleasssee stick little icicle.....Beta 11/23...BFN

Starting ALL over with a fresh IVF cycle

Stims start 11/28/14, ER December 10th, 13 eggs retrieved, 11 mature, only 4 fertilized 

1 Blast Transferred on December 15th..... Beta Christmas Eve... Please Santa, bring me a baby!

Beta #1 345.....Beta #2....750/ First U/S 1/13/15/HB 131....EDD 9/2/2015

• Options

We picked DD's name when we were pregnant with DS.  We've discussed whether we still like and we both agree that we do.  So, yeah, we're pretty much at peace with it. 

For DS, we chose an Irish/Gaelic name after MH's heritage, and for DD we chose a Swedish name after my heritage.  We love both names.

Anniversary Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options

We've been set with the name for a little while now... We're 99.9% sure that it will be Emma Elise, but there could still be that one chance that we'll meet her and it just won't work. We don't have any backups should that be the case though, lol.

We call her Emma now and I even ordered a decal to go above her crib that says her name on it... my family calls her Emma too, so I'm pretty sure it's going to stick.

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options

Yes and no.  I am in love with the name we plan to call her (Lily) but am on the fence about the full/legal name we plan to give her (Lillian).  Some days I really like it/want it to be the legal name and there for her to use when she's older if she likes, other days I want to just name her the name we love and plan on calling her.. Lily. 

So there's that, plus I have 3 family members who make me feel like we "took" the name from them.  2 of them aren't pregnant & don't have any kids, but "had that name picked out for when/if they have a little girl" and one is DH's cousin who's daughter's name is Eleanor but the mom calls her Lily.  So I feel guilty or bad for picking it out/using it when other people seem to think they own the rights to it.

Mommy to
    Tyler (10/29/08)
    and Lily (4/21/13)

• Options
    imagerayofsunshine99:

Yes and no.  I am in love with the name we plan to call her (Lily) but am on the fence about the full/legal name we plan to give her (Lillian).  Some days I really like it/want it to be the legal name and there for her to use when she's older if she likes, other days I want to just name her the name we love and plan on calling her.. Lily. 

So there's that, plus I have 3 family members who make me feel like we "took" the name from them.  2 of them aren't pregnant & don't have any kids, but "had that name picked out for when/if they have a little girl" and one is DH's cousin who's daughter's name is Eleanor but the mom calls her Lily.  So I feel guilty or bad for picking it out/using it when other people seem to think they own the rights to it.

That's so lame... I really hope they can get over it. It's a super cute name. All of the little girls I know named Lilly (that is also their legal name) are absolutely precious!

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    We have it narrowed down to 3 choices and we'll make the final call when we meet him.  I've been trying to post a poll all day to see what order everyone else would put them in but for some reason it's not working.  I can't say that I'm 100% sold on them but I'm hoping when we see his face we'll know for sure.  I don't dislike any of the choices we have. It's just really hard for me to name something I haven't seen.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    It took a long time, but we picked a name right after we found out the gender girl. She'll be "Alice". As each week goes by, I feel more certain and it was not an easy negotiation or either of our first choices but now I absolutely love it. I don't think I'll doubt it when I see her. But I really admire those who can pick a few names and then know which one she is when she arrives. Love the names you ladies are picking for your LOs. Good choices.
  • Options

imageFremdschamen:
    We are both in love with the name we've chosen, but we know there is a chance we will feel like it doesn't suit our LO when she is born.  For that reason, we haven't been consistently calling her by her name yet, or telling too many people what name we've chosen.  However, barring any surprising reactions to seeing LO for the first time, we will confidently name her Cecily Lucia. 

Love your name choice, especially Lucia!  I really wanted to do Lucille or some variation of it in honor of my grandmother, but DH thinks it's too old fashioned.  Ironically, our top choice right now is Helen, which is also pretty old fashioned.  Go figure.

• Options

before we knew the sex, we had already had the girl's name decided, but were having the HARDEST time on a boys name.

well of course we are having a boy, lol. so we went back to the drawing board. i think it's between Donovan Walter or Lyndon Walter. hubby didn't like Donovan because he's a cowboys fan, but he did say yesterday that he would open his mind up to it!

either one is fine; but i do love Donovan slightly more :) 

image image image BabyFetus Ticker
  • Options

I'm at peace with the name (Phoebe Leona) even though we've had some strong reactions against it. The name came from my grandmothers and H and I both agreed right out of the gate. 

If somebody thinks they're a hedgehog, presumably you just give 'em a mirror and a few pictures of hedgehogs and tell them to sort it out for themselves.-Douglas Adams
  • Options

99% of the time, I love LO's name (Emmett).  But the other 1% I worry that when I meet him, it won't fit.  At this point though, I think it's gonna stick because my whole family already calls him by his name and my aunt is making letters to hang over his crib.

The bigger waffle is the middle name.  I always wanted it to be James, after my dad, but unfortunately my dad has chosen this time to go off and have an affair, so my parents are getting divorced.  Needless to say, I'm not super fond of him right now, but he's still my dad and I've been attached to the name for so long.  DH loves the name William, so since I can't stop waffling over whether James is the right choice or not, I think we'll go with Emmett William. 

• Options
    Jonah Samuel-It is after very special people in our lives and I am just head over heels in love with the name Jonah.
    Married to Brandon since 2/14/06
    Twin Girls born on January 1st 2012:Brooklyn Avery(Brooke) & Eliana Meredith(Ellie)
    Ellie and Brooke both have Juvenile Diabetes
    Adopted a Brother and Sister in January of 2012
    Levi Ryan-October 25th 2007 and Caroline Paige(Carly)-July 23rd 2009
    Jonah Samuel born April 21st 2013
    Expecting Baby #6-June 2014!
  • Options

Before I knew if it was a boy or a girl I started working on names.  And I don't know why but a girls name, the full name, just came to me and was so easy to decide on.  I had no clue what I was going to do for a boys name and wasn't having any luck finding names to even put on a potential list, it was just not working out!  So, as luck would have it, around 13 weeks I was told they were 80% sure it was a boy.  Of course!  So I started working on boy names but for the longest time I still couldn't come up with anything that just struck me.  I didn't share any of my name ideas with anyone, I hate when people give opinions on names and I didn't want anyone to ruin a potential name for me.  Around 20 weeks they confirmed for sure it was a boy and by that time I had ONE name on the potential list.  After a couple weeks I realized that I just couldn't think of him as anyone else except that name and so it just stuck. 

However, I'm also not against waiting to meet the LO before giving them a name.  My sister did that with her son and it was not the name anyone was expecting but it's perfect for him.

I think for me, it helped me form more of a connection with him by giving him his name now instead of waiting because I feel like I'm one of those mothers that still hasn't felt as connected as others seem to be, even after he started moving a lot, etc.  I guess that's why I feel like it will "match" him once I actually meet him because that's who he already is to me...if that makes sense. 

On a side note, my cousin had a name picked for his son and then later told me he regretted telling people because now they weren't sure.  I told him to just wait until he's born and let him "tell" you his name once you've met him.  He replied "How would he do that??" Oh man, that made me laugh.  I had to explain that once you meet him you might have a better feeling about what his name should be! 

• Options
    Thank you ladies!  I appreciate all of your responses!
    image BabyFetus Ticker
  • Options
    imageKate_C:

imageFremdschamen:

Love your name choice, especially Lucia!  I really wanted to do Lucille or some variation of it in honor of my grandmother, but DH thinks it's too old fashioned.  Ironically, our top choice right now is Helen, which is also pretty old fashioned.  Go figure.

Thanks! Big Smile  We like Lucia because it is a Scandinavian name and an Italian name-- I am part Norwegian and DH is part Italian, so we like that it reflects the heritage on both sides.

I love old fashioned names too-- Helen is a great choice!  It doesn't suit our last name, otherwise it would have been on our list. 

BFP #1: 08/17/2012  DD1 born 05/01/2013

BFP #2: 07/31/2015  M/C 09/23/2015 (11.5 weeks)

BFP #3: 12/16/2015 DD2 born 8/27/2016
  • Options

We had a boys name picked out from day 1 that we both love- Abram, and middle name options were James, Patrick and John (all family names).

Well, of course we are having a girl, and we have had the hardest time coming up with names. DH is so picky about girls names; it's crazy! We've narrowed it down to Genevieve Blair (the front-runner), and Dorothea Evelyn. I am 99% confident we will be using one of these two names since it took us 5 months to come up with them!

BabyFruit Ticker
    BFP 08/11/2012, DD#1 born 04/18/2013
    BFP 01/01/2015, EDD 09/07/2015, CP
    BFP 10/09/2015, EDD 06/01/2016, MC @ 7 weeks
    BFP 03/12/2016, DD#2 born 11/15/2016
    BFP 01/28/2019, EDD 09/29/2019
  • Options
    We just recently came up with a name that we both liked, and I was pretty sure that was going to be it. Now, I'm just keeping an open mind to other options. DH is pretty set in stone, and any other ideas that I throw at him he immediately dismisses. I feel like we should have 2 or 3 top names, and then when she's born we'll just know which one to name her. Guess we'll just have to see though!
  • Options
    We are team green.  I like the girls name we have chosen, but I don't feel our boys name is "the one" yet.  My husband is pretty set on it so its hard to have a discussion about it, but we bought a name book last week to see if anything else that we hadn't thought about jumped out at us.  
    BabyFetus Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options

imageheddy79:
    I see that many of you have already decided what you are naming your knew babies.  I, on the other hand, don't have a name for my little girl and am hoping that when I meet her, it will just click and I'll know what to call her.  So whats the difference here?  How did you choose LOs name and how confident are you that it will "match" him/her?

I'm hoping he will match his name. I am naming my son after my best friend, and I think the name will fit him well. If I see him, and he just doesn't look like a Henry, then I will find a name that fits.  

• Options
    We have a first name, and 3 possible middle names. We're keeping it quiet because 1. We really only agree on and love one name, the name we chose, and we're terrified if we tell someone the name they'll poison the well, so to speak and 2. We also want to make sure the name fits. If the name doesn't work, it doesn't work, and we don't want anything personalized with a name we won't use!
    Married July 3, 2009 | Furbaby Trevor July 15, 2009 | Furbaby Darcy May 15, 2010 | BFP August 14, 2012 | DD April 18, 2013
  • Options
    I had a beautiful name picked out for a little girl that I've had since I was in 6th grade. I even had the middle name picked out, but I didn't have a boys name picked b/c I thought it would only be fair to have the father get to do that if I've already got a girl's name. I am having a boy though, so I left  the task upto dad. He of course couldn't make a decision and at 4:00 am in the morning I woke him up and and told him a name and middle name and at first he was confused and then he said he liked it so that is what how we decided and I really do like it. I think it will fit him perfectly, he seems to like it too :) ( with all the kicking and what not)
  • Options
    imagestarlightstef:
    99 of the time, I love LO's name Emmett.nbsp; But the other 1 I worry that when I meet him, it won't fit.nbsp; At this point though, I think it's gonna stick because my whole family already calls him by his name and my aunt is making letters to hang over his crib.
    The bigger waffle is the middle name.nbsp; I always wanted it to be James, after my dad, but unfortunately my dad has chosen this time to go off and have an affair, so my parents are getting divorced.nbsp; Needless to say, I'm not super fond of him right now, but he's still my dad and I've been attached to the name for so long.nbsp; DH loves the name William, so since I can't stop waffling over whether James is the right choice or not, I think we'll go with Emmett William.nbsp;

I love the name Emmett! Great choice. Totally understand the stress on the middle name good luck figuring it out. I think both names sound very nice, so I think it will come down to the emotional decision.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"