February 2013 Moms

Are you doing any pampering?

This whole pregnancy has taken a toll on me physically and I've had a hard time feeling attractive. I know it sounds petty but I feel blah and just want to wear sweats everyday which makes me feel like I've gone down hill. I know it will probably get worse once LO is here and I have zero time for anything, but id really like to do something to utilize the last of my me time and to feel less blah.

I went for a pedicure and it was wonderful, are you ladies doing any type of pampering before LO arrives?
Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: Are you doing any pampering?

• I would LOVE to get a pedicure and would totally do it, except my right big toenail is really messed up. I had to have the entire nail removed two years ago, and I'm still having issues with it. I won't go into detail, but I would feel bad for the pedicurist to have anything to do with it.

I went for a massage around 19 weeks and loved it, but I have no plans to get another one. Maybe I should. 

PCOS with long, irregular cycles
    First round of Clomid in May 2012= BFP #1, DD born January 2013 
    BFP #2 in January 2014, DS born September 2014

View Full Size Image     View Full Size Image   

• I plan on getting a mani/predi in the next week or so.  Can't wait!
  • Loading the player...
  • I got a gift certificate for a pedicure for Christmas, so today I plan to call the salon and schedule it for 1/31, which is the day before my scheduled c-section.  I am also going to make a hair appointment so I don't have to worry about my hair anytime soon after the baby is born (also because we are doing newborn/family pics a week after he's born and I want my hair to look good).
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • I was going to get a pedi today because my last one from a month ago is wayyyy too grown out and I can't bend to take care of it lol. I'm hoping this onewill be good through delivery. I have a hair appt sSaturday, but might try to push it off for a week bc my hair doesn't really need it yet and I want it to last as long as possible after baby. I just wish I knew for sure when she'd be here! I've also been getting massages every month, which don't make me feel more attractive, but the 60 or 90 minutes I'm there I feel wonderful!

BabyFetus Ticker
  • I feel like a pampered queen compared to you ladies, come on, do it!!!

hehe, just kidding, but yes, I have gotten several massages, facials, mani/pedis, and gotten my hair done at least once during the pregnancy already.  (I'm a groupon fiend and whenever there's a good deal for a massage or facial I swoop it up, so have had lots of opportunities for really well-priced pampering!)

I am in desperate need of another mani/pedi though and will plan for that and a haircut in the next week or so.  

*Just fyi, I don't know how valid this is, but I've heard that there are some pressure points on the feet that can help stimulate labor, so either tell them to go easy on the foot massage part, or wait until you're ready and go for it!

IAmPregnant Ticker
  • Nothing really, but I have PUPPS and with the scratching I've been doing I don't want to submit my legs/arms to possible infection at the nail places. I'm definitely going in after the baby though. It might be a nice break from the house. LOL.

A haircut sounds good to--but I'm growing my hair out from my last disastrous cut.

I'll just have to get DH to give me another foot rub--hopefully one that last longer than a minute.

• I'm getting a massage today! I have a gift certificate to get my nails done but cousin offered to give me a pedicure which is awesome so I can save it for a rainy day. I would love to go and get my hair trimmed up a little bit but who knows if that will happen.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic Lilypie First Birthday tickers Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
  • I got my nails done last week. I plan to braid my hair before baby comes so that I won't have to deal with it once she's here.
    BabyFetus Ticker
  • I would at least like to dye my hair and get a pedicure before he arrives.
    Married: August 2008
    DS born: February 2013
    TTC #2: Nov. 14
    Chemical pregnancy 09/16/15
    BFP: 12/25/15 EDD: 09/04/16
  • imagekleigh926:

I would LOVE to get a pedicure and would totally do it, except my right big toenail is really messed up. I had to have the entire nail removed two years ago, and I'm still having issues with it. I won't go into detail, but I would feel bad for the pedicurist to have anything to do with it.

I had my big toenail fall off last year.. a few months before a trip to Cabo. Bathing suit, flip flops and no toe nail? NO WAY. The nail salon put acrylic over the missing nail, and it looked amazing and stayed on great, I only wish I had done it sooner. I've also read it can help them grow back better if you've had a nail removed, since it helps shape/guide the nail bed.

Either way, I'm 100% sure that most of those technicians have seen way nastier stuff than anything you can throw at them. 

Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • I've been meaning to get my hair cut soon. I know I won't have time after Baby Girl arrives. I've been considering a pedicure or another massage, but I just don't know when I will get around to it. 
  • I'm getting myself all done up at the beginning of next month. I bouht a groupon o a local salon to get my eyebrows done, DH bought me a gift certificate for a massage, and a friend is going to do my hair (I KNOW I will NOT be able to keep up with highlights once LO is here). I'm also planning on a pedicure. I'm not a manicure person (nervous habit of peeling nail polish off keeps me from wasting my money), but yeah... I plan on pampering myself lots in this last month.

Daisypath - (2EEx)

Lilypie - (CszI)

• I was thinking of getting a hair cut, but decided not to because I've been sick and the thought of sitting and coughing while getting my hair cut didn't sound attractive. Nothing else sounds good. I don't want a massage, (maybe afterwards!) and manicures and pedicures are often horrible experiences for me and kind of stress me out... well, it wouldn't be that bad if I grabbed a friend I guess. Anyway, no, my pampering limit is a hot bath, and then I feel guilty 'cause this chica likes it HOT!
  • Pedi and wax this weekend and atleast one more pedi before little man arrives.  DH also got me a few massages throughout my pregnancy and I think I will have one more in early February as an early Valentine's Day gift.  :)
    Pregnancy Ticker
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Married: 05/14/2011

DS Was Born: 02/10/2013

EDD: 10/19/2015

• imageByeByeBooze:

I got a prenatal massage and haircut last week. It was really relaxing and made me feel 100% better. I also took time to shave my legs and clean up "down there", which helped make me not as gross-feeling.

I could really go for a pedicure too!

Ugh, I wish I could clean up "down there" a bit better than I have been, but it's been so difficult since I can't SEE anything!  And I definitely feel weird getting waxed down there.  I know, TMI, but seriously, I'm looking forward to being able to see past my belly someday in the near future.  

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers image image
  • I've been getting weekly massages, which I never did pre-pregnancy, but they have really helped me feel better.  I am also keeping up with my haircuts and brow waxing.  There's something a little more attractive about my huge, fat face when I have a fresh haircut and neat brows! :)
  • I wish! I feel like crap and I feel like I look like crap, so I could really use some pampering, but it's just not in our budget. I would kill for a pedicure or massage, or even a haircut! So jealous of everyone enjoying some relaxing "me" time!
    K & C | 9.17.10
    "With You By My Side, I Will Never Be Lost"
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic

CafeMom Tickers

BabyFruit Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"