February 2013 Moms

How often does your LO get the hiccups?

Just curious because it seems like my baby gets the hiccups A LOT. I have nothing to compare it to though. I typically feel them at least 3 times a day. A few days ago, it was 6 times in one day! They don't usually last very long- less than 10 minutes I would say. I hope LO doesn't get them this often after he/she is born!
PCOS with long, irregular cycles
First round of Clomid in May 2012= BFP #1, DD born January 2013 
BFP #2 in January 2014, DS born September 2014

View Full Size Image     View Full Size Image   

Re: How often does your LO get the hiccups?

• A ton.  At least 3 times a day, probably more like 5 times.  And sometimes they will stop for about 5 minutes and then start right back up again. 

All of my babies have had a ton of hiccups in utero.  I don't think they had them any more than normal after birth though. 

BabyFruit Ticker
  • This makes me feel better.  LO gets them usually about 3 times a day, but her record is 5, and I felt like that was a lot, but I guess it's not too unusual.  It seems like she's been getting them a bit less lately, but since she's bigger now they're much more noticeable - my entire belly twitches!!

• Loading the player...
  • yup all the time. i actually asked my dr. about it last week at my appt and he said they get them very often so perfectly normal!
  • Mine gets them a lot too. With her head being so low it drives me crazy because I get head butted over and over again in some really uncomfortable places.
    Pregnancy Ticker

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• I also feel them 3 times a day, at least! Do you ladies notice any correlation between the hiccups and the foods you eat? The first times I noticed hiccups, it was after I ate bacon! We've since concluded the baby loves bacon, or any meat honestly, and pigs out on amniotic fluid and therefore gives himself the hiccups :p I have no idea if this is true, but it's what we've been telling ourselves. I do notice he gets them almost any time I have a decent meal, and very rarely when I haven't had anything eat in a while.

Archer Liam - 2/6/13
    Freya Lillian - 11/15/15
  • Usually once a day, sometimes twice. Rarely more than that, I think!

• This is interesting to me because I swear I felt the first bought of noticeable hiccups just the other day (and I'm 36w!)  

I imagine i just don't know what to look for, or baby is in a weird position, but maybe he/she just isn't very hiccupy!  Otherwise the baby is quite active and I feel and see him/her move regularly.

I did read that they're not as uncomfortable for babies as they are for us, so that's good! 

IAmPregnant Ticker
  • imageEbee27:
    I also feel them 3 times a day, at least! Do you ladies notice any correlation between the hiccups and the foods you eat? The first times I noticed hiccups, it was after I ate bacon! We've since concluded the baby loves bacon, or any meat honestly, and pigs out on amniotic fluid and therefore gives himself the hiccups :p I have no idea if this is true, but it's what we've been telling ourselves. I do notice he gets them almost any time I have a decent meal, and very rarely when I haven't had anything eat in a while.

Hmm... I never paid attention to what I eat, but I do notice she gets them most often after I have a meal.  Now I feel like I need to start recording what I eat and when she gets the hiccups and see if I start to notice a pattern.... Wink

• Like some of the other posters here, I only began noticing baby hiccups in the last 2-3 weeks (and I'm nearly 37 weeks now, but have an anterior placenta so in general I have felt fetal movements later than many people).  But in the last week, I think he gets them at least 3x/day, and sometimes more.  I was wondering why I'm feeling them only now, and so frequently - I assumed it was b/c he's getting bigger, and starting to practice breathing movements, etc.  If anyone knows more about this, please share!
    DS born February 5, 2013

Need tips for surviving cat allergies? Check out my bio! :)

• Somedays once as much as 3-4 times
  • all the time... i counted 4 times in one day... its at least twice a day every day... sometimes more... but never less than twice.
    ~Formerly~AngnShaun~

~~Transferred 2 Perfect Embryos 5/28 - BFP 6/4~~ HAILEY ELIZABETH ~2/16/13~ 6:39am ~ 6lbs 2oz ~ 20" long ~ 1 Year ~ 20lbs 14oz ~ 29.25"~
    ~10.10 Ectopic, 4.11 Nat m/c 9w, 8.11, 1.12, 3.12 CPs~

Follow Me on Pinterest

Angela's book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (100-in-2012 shelf)
    imageimage

• 2-3 times a day for sure and always at like 10-1030 pm.  Glad to know this is normal!!
    Pregnancy Ticker

Married: 05/14/2011

DS Was Born: 02/10/2013

EDD: 10/19/2015

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"