October 2011 Moms

Is my kid the only maniac?

DS is crazy. I keep telling myself it is just that he is a boy but I am thinking he may be crazier than most. When he is awake he is going 100 mph and the few times he takes a break it is to sit and look at books (dump out every single book from the book case) and then he is right back at it. He is now climbing up onto the couch and he thinks this means he can try to scale the wall behind it--we have had one fall and bump to the head so far. Diaper changes are a whole other story, it is like wrestling an octopus.  My mom raised myself and my two brothers and she said he is more of a handful than either of my brothers were and my older brother had the reputation of being a little devil...

Am I the only one with a little maniac? 

photo IMG_3757_zps3e266e57.jpg Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker "Sometimes I am two people. Johnny is the nice one. Cash causes all the trouble. They fight." - Johnny Cash

Re: Is my kid the only maniac?

• My DS is pretty similar. He will sit and play with a toy for a few minutes, but he doesn't do it quietly. He shouts and vocalizes loudly the whole time. Then he's up and running again in no time. He runs around like crazy, then takes a hard fall and cracks up. He also takes out every single toy from the shelf and makes a complete mess. He isn't climbing the couch yet, but that's just because his legs are too short. He'll climb anything that is short enough for him to get a leg up on. Luckily he's a very happy and easy going kid, he's just VERY busy. 
  • DS is a sweet boy and generally good-natured, but he is just into everything!  He also loves to climb, especially where forbidden- like the fireplace.  Diaper changes are also a challenge unless he's super-tired.  It's also hard to get him to be still to get his clothes on.  His new favorite is to just bolt as soon as I take him out of the bathtub so he can just run around naked.  My mom also says he's pretty challenging, but MIL says he is just like MH when he was a baby!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Nora is just super loud. She isn't so all over the place at home, but she sure is everywhere else. Andplusalso, she's LOUD!

imageimage
    Parenting Floozie Brigades official motto:  We welcome to you the board with open legs.  Also, open beers. ~@cinemagoddess

• You could very well be describing my kid! He is a crazy nonstop ball Of energy from the moment he wakes up to the moment he goes to sleep. If he is quiet it is because he is getting into something he knows he shouldn't, it is exhausting!
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
  • L is pretty similar to what you described, but she can't climb up on things just yet. That doesn't mean she hasn't tried though.  Like Missy said, she is more loud than anything else. She will shriek so loud, that if the windows are open and someone is walking by, they will look towards our house like "wtf is going on in there?"

Her new favorite thing to do is run up and down the hallway with the dog chasing her (we obviously supervise this) They both love that game.. it's like they're playing tag or something haha. Oh and of course, while she is running, she is shrieking. She pulls the cereal out of the cabinets (it's the only one we didn't babyproof) and takes out every.single.oatmeal packet from every.single.box. She finds it hilarious.

My mom said I was pretty nuts as a child, and DH has ADHD. So I'm thinking we are pretty screwed haha

Daisypath Happy Birthday tickers Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • My DS is the same way sometimes, especially compared to my DD. I wasn't at all prepared for it. My DD is calm, quiet, and will play on her own for hours. My DS can be the same, but that's rare. He loud, yelling, he's a big cry baby. He destroys everything in his path, and can empty out all the books in 0.2 seconds. I'm consistently cleaning, then he's right behind me emptying out what I just put away. He recently learned to get on the couch. He will dump everything off the couch, then run along the whole couch over and over again. He's not allowed in the couch so I feel like Im constantly yelling at him to get off. I feel like my DS gives me a run for my money. I was so easy with just DD, and now its like I have 3 times the children. 

Plus DS is still not STTN most nights. I find myself getting extremely frustrated with him. He's exhausting, and whiney, and active, but then he's the sweetest thing and gives the very best hugs.  

• Alastair is like that. He just has two speeds, fast and sleep. And he doesn't sleep that much.
    He climbs like no tomorrow, has scaled the scratching post, we baby gate off the couches and had to get rid of his activity table. The kid knows no fear. His newest trick is letting the water of his sippy run out of his mouth to get wet.
    I hear his father was like that.
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • imageNita2603:
    Alastair is like that. He just has two speeds, fast and sleep. And he doesn't sleep that much.
    He climbs like no tomorrow, has scaled the scratching post, we baby gate off the couches and had to get rid of his activity table. The kid knows no fear. His newest trick is letting the water of his sippy run out of his mouth to get wet.

Omg, DS does that with his water and it makes me NUTS!!!
    photo IMG_3757_zps3e266e57.jpg Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker "Sometimes I am two people. Johnny is the nice one. Cash causes all the trouble. They fight." - Johnny Cash
  • We have a maniac.  I'm always chasing him around and getting him out of things he shouldn't be in (cords, the humidifier, any appliance in the kitchen cupboard...he was carrying around the George Foreman grill yesterday...) he is constantly moving all day.  Unfortunately he's had a few head bumps already (scaled the tub and fell in and fell down steps).  My DH and I keep discussing ways to make our house safer for him and are currently working on plans to anchor his bookcase.
    imageBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • imagekagl08:
    My DS is the same way sometimes, especially compared to my DD. I wasn't at all prepared for it. My DD is calm, quiet, and will play on her own for hours. My DS can be the same, but that's rare. He loud, yelling, he's a big cry baby. He destroys everything in his path, and can empty out all the books in 0.2 seconds. I'm consistently cleaning, then he's right behind me emptying out what I just put away. He recently learned to get on the couch. He will dump everything off the couch, then run along the whole couch over and over again. He's not allowed in the couch so I feel like Im constantly yelling at him to get off. I feel like my DS gives me a run for my money. I was so easy with just DD, and now its like I have 3 times the children.nbsp;Plus DS is still not STTN most nights. I find myself getting extremely frustrated with him. He's exhausting, and whiney, and active, but then he's the sweetest thing and gives the very best hugs.nbsp;nbsp;

Same here except DS sleeps. We are seriously living the same life.
  • imagejonnygurl76:
    imageNita2603:
    Alastair is like that. He just has two speeds, fast and sleep. And he doesn't sleep that much. He climbs like no tomorrow, has scaled the scratching post, we baby gate off the couches and had to get rid of his activity table. The kid knows no fear. His newest trick is letting the water of his sippy run out of his mouth to get wet. I hear his father was like that.

my DS does this too! The other day he had one of those Take N Toss cups am was shaking it so hard just so the water would splash on his face. Then he's laugh nd laugh. He was soaked in 2 seconds.  

• imagejonnygurl76:
    imageNita2603:
    Alastair is like that. He just has two speeds, fast and sleep. And he doesn't sleep that much.

It is insane!!! It took him about 45 seconds this morning to get drenched. I kept him topless until he pooped an hour later. He is always warm and changing him is like dressing an octopus in a tux.
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • It sounds like you described CK... And she's a girl!  She's into and all over and climbing up EVERYTHING.  MH always says, "Do little girls usually act this way?"

BFP#1 1/31/11 ~ CK came on her due date, 10/10/11!
    BFP#2 11/20/12, EDD 7/30/13 ~ heard heartbeat at 6w2d ~ mmc discovered at 8w
    1st medicated cycle ~ 6/11/13 ~ Clomid ~ BFN
    2nd medicated cycle ~ 7/12/13 ~ Clomid and trigger shot ~ BFN
    SHG on 8/13/13 ~ uterus looked good!
    Diagnosed with DOR on 8/16/13 ~ AMH 0.27 ~ repeat AMH 0.19
    3rd medicated cycle ~ 8/9/13 ~ Femara and trigger shot ~ BFN
    4th medicated cycle ~ 9/4/13 ~ Bravelle, trigger shot, IUI ~ BFP! ~ EDD: 6/11/14 ~ heartbeat of 118 at 6w3d ~ mmc discovered at 9w1d
  • imagejonnygurl76:
    imagekagl08:
    My DS is the same way sometimes, especially compared to my DD. I wasn't at all prepared for it. My DD is calm, quiet, and will play on her own for hours. My DS can be the same, but that's rare. He loud, yelling, he's a big cry baby. He destroys everything in his path, and can empty out all the books in 0.2 seconds. I'm consistently cleaning, then he's right behind me emptying out what I just put away. He recently learned to get on the couch. He will dump everything off the couch, then run along the whole couch over and over again. He's not allowed in the couch so I feel like Im constantly yelling at him to get off. I feel like my DS gives me a run for my money. I was so easy with just DD, and now its like I have 3 times the children.nbsp;Plus DS is still not STTN most nights. I find myself getting extremely frustrated with him. He's exhausting, and whiney, and active, but then he's the sweetest thing and gives the very best hugs.nbsp;nbsp;

DS is THE reason we are done with 2 kids. If he wasn't so difficult we'd already be pregnant. He's exhausting, and I can't chance another like him. I love him to death, but boy oh boy is he tiring.  

• My DS is similar too. He goes non-stop from the time he wakes up until we put him in bed except for a short nap. I am old and it is just exhausting.
    image"width="200px"> Lilypie Second Birthday tickers Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • imagekagl08:

imagejonnygurl76:
    imagekagl08:

DS is THE reason we are done with 2 kids. If he wasn't so difficult we'd already be pregnant. He's exhausting, and I can't chance another like him. I love him to death, but boy oh boy is he tiring.  

DH and I were talking about how everything that happened last summer really was a blessing in disguise. If I was 8 months pregnant right now you would seriously have to talk me off of a ledge.
  • DD is similar and she has this really sinister laugh that lets you know she is up to something. She also likes to take a sip out of her cup and spit/dribble it all down her shirt. All toys are for standing on and if I hadn't caught her last night I think she would have been swinging on the curtains. She is a bolter anytime we are outside and totally freaks me out. She also has two speeds, fast and sleep. I swear I go into her room to wake her up in the morning and she springs right out of bed and starts jumping in the crib.
  • Violet can be calm but most of the time she is into mischief.  She dumps toys and empties out my cupboards.  She also rips books, she even destroys board books.
    siggy1-16-13_zpsbc591894 photo siggy1-16-13_zpsbc591894-1_zpscf1469c3.jpg
  • imagejonnygurl76:
    imagekagl08:

imagejonnygurl76:
    imagekagl08:

DH and I were talking about how everything that happened last summer really was a blessing in disguise. If I was 8 months pregnant right now you would seriously have to talk me off of a ledge.

I'd seriously wouldn't know what to do. My DS is currently upstairs fighting his nap AGAIN. We are going on day 2 with no nap at.all. I'm exhausted. All I can think is if I had to do this again, I really think I'd be committed. DS has put me at the end of my rope.  

• DS isn't like this, but my Goddaughter is!  Nothing stops that girl!

Married 08.19.06 ~ DS 9.30.11 ~ Baby #2 EDD 11.28.18

• DD is this way. ALWAYS on the go.
  • DD is a total wild child. She runs into strangers arms, climbs constantly, rarely sits still, screeches with joy, throws tantrum after tantrum, etc. My mom always comments on how "strongwilled" and "spirited" she is and that she's just like my little brother as a child. His childhood nickname was "Crash" and the ER docs knew him on sight. Awesome. 
    DX: Severe MFI 
    IVF # 1 ~ Antagonist ~ ER 1/27/11~ ET 1/30/11 ~ + HPT 7dp3dt 
    DD born med-free on 10/24/11 
    Lilypie - (lZjk)
    IVF # 2 ~Antagonist ~ ER 6/5/13 ~ ET 6/10/13 ~ + HPT 4dp5dt 
    Lilypie - (OUlo)

• imagecrystalbaby:
    Violet is crazy. She has no fear and can hurt herself on a cotton ball. She climbs everything. She literally tries to climb the walls in her room when we're trying to get her to sleep at night. She just dropped her only nap about a week ago and I think I might lose my shiit. We might have to take her miniature piano because she uses it for climbing and also tries to pick it up and move it. She is going to be a tomboy.

When Avery gives up her last nap, I think I might decide it's time for me to go back to work full time. I think I'm joking. Maybe. I'm not sure. Anyway, I feel for you. 

DX: Severe MFI 
    IVF # 1 ~ Antagonist ~ ER 1/27/11~ ET 1/30/11 ~ + HPT 7dp3dt 
    DD born med-free on 10/24/11 
    Lilypie - (lZjk)
    IVF # 2 ~Antagonist ~ ER 6/5/13 ~ ET 6/10/13 ~ + HPT 4dp5dt 
    Lilypie - (OUlo)

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"