April 2012 Moms

When was your last check-up with your OB?

I saw my OB 6weeks PP

DS is coming up on 9 months.

Should I make a check-up appt before he's a year old? I can't remember, are you "supposed" to go to the OB once a year for a check-up?

TTC#2: 8/17/14 // BFP: 9/5/14

TTC#1: 7/30/11 // BFP: 8/22/11
DS: Carson Robert 4/29/12

Re: When was your last check-up with your OB?

• Conventional wisdom says women should have an annual exam every year, although that's changing some. Women over 30 with no issues only need to get a PAP every 2 or 3 years.

However, many doctors still won't prescribe birth control unless you go in for an exam, so if you're going to need more BC, you'll likely need to go in just after your LO is a year old.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • imageKatFCo:

Conventional wisdom says women should have an annual exam every year, although that's changing some. Women over 30 with no issues only need to get a PAP every 2 or 3 years.

However, many doctors still won't prescribe birth control unless you go in for an exam, so if you're going to need more BC, you'll likely need to go in just after your LO is a year old.

That's me......just had my annual in December (squeeze it in the year I hit my deductable...go me!)  And it came back normal, so my Dr. said that I won't need one for another 3 yearsBig Smile

Also, I never had a PP check-up with either of my girls......not sure why, but I was jumping to get one done anyway.  Just glad I'm all well and intact.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Loading the player...
  • I saw my MW at my 6 week check-up and will go back when DD is 3 yo unless I have a problem or get ku before then.
  • I had a 6 week PP exam, and then went back the fall sometime for my annual exam. I may try to make an appointment before we start ttc late summer if insurance will cover it.
  • I had an 8 wk pp visit and my annual in Sept I think.. So I believe I go back in Sept again, as she didn't mention getting to wait 3 yrs. 
  • My last time at the OB office was in June for my annual (even though I saw them in April for my PP appointment). I normally go yearly for a PAP.

• I had a couple check ups following my c/s, and my annual was a year after my initial pregnancy test/pap. I filled out the post card to have them mail me a reminder this Spring to schedule for the beginning of August. Cancer is far too prevalent in my family to risk waiting 3 years for a pap.
    Micah Leonard
    Lilypie Premature Baby tickers
  • I had one appt 2 weeks after my c/s so she could look at the incision. From there I scheduled one about 6 weeks out so that it could fit in within the year mark for insurance purposes. To answer your question, the last time I went to the OB was the middle of June and it will be around that time this year.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Lilypie First Birthday tickers Daisypath Anniversary tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"