April 2013 Moms

Those who have had WinRho or Rhogam administered...

For those who have had this shot this pregnancy or with previous pregnancies, where was it administered? With DS I had it in my hip but this time I was given the option of my arm. I always thought it had to be given in the hip. Anyone else get it in the arm?
Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Re: Those who have had WinRho or Rhogam administered...

• I've had Rhogam several times - though not yet this pregnancy - and I have always had it in my hip. Did it hurt very much in the arm? I hope they give me the option. 
    Daughter E 08/31/2005
    Little Sister on the Way 04/23/2013
  • I've always received it in my butt :) But they do this because it's a large muscle and it's a painful shot.

My friend just got hers before leaving for a trip to Florida. The Dr did it in her arm instead because she didn't want to risk her butt hurting on her flight.

Which by the way I've never gotten sore from the shot. It just burns like crazy going in!

Lilypie Third Birthday tickersLilypie First Birthday tickersLilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Loading the player...
  • I got mine 2 weeks ago in my hip. The nurse said it might burn a bit but i didn't feel any. It actually hurt lesss than the flu shot.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • I've had it 4 times now and it's always been in the hip/butt.
    BFP #1, 12/22/09 - DD#1 born 9/2010
    BFP #2, 12/12/11, m/c 12/25/11
    BFP #3, 3/09/12, CP 3/10/12
    BFP #4, 7/22/12, DD#2 born 4/2013

• I have not had mine yet..I get it next Friday, but when I had a m/c two years ago I got it in my arm.  They did not give me an option, that was just where my nurse gave it to me.  I'm hoping that it will be there again when I go next week.
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • While I was pregnant with DD I got it in my hip. In the hospital after giving birth, they gave it to me in my arm. I've had it once already this pregnancy and it was in my hip again.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I had the Rhogam shot at my last appointment, and it was in my arm.  I didnt know there were different options.
  • With DS I got it in the top of my booty. I'll get it at my next appt on the 23rd for this LO.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • I just got mine today, it was in the hip/upper butt area.  It wasn't bad at all, like a hard pinch.
  • Got mine today, I've gotten 7 times so far in all my pregnancies :) Only once in the arm at the hospital. the arm hurt worse to me.
    BabyFetus Ticker image
  • imagekeithsbride:
    I've had Rhogam several times - though not yet this pregnancy - and I have always had it in my hip. Did it hurt very much in the arm? I hope they give me the option. 
    It hurt less in the arm than the hip. in my opinion anyway. Stung for a few minutes but that was it. No stiffness yet. When I had it in my hip it hurt to lay on that side that evening.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"