LGBT Parenting

TTC Check In

How are things going? Good news? Bad news?

QOTD: What are you most looking forward to this week?
Married my wife 8/2007 ~ TTC #1 since 7/2011
9 IUIs = 9 BFNs
IVF October 2012: 22 eggs retrieved, 17 fertilized, 5 frozen
ET #1: 1 blast = BFP; Blighted ovum discovered at 7w5d; D&E
FET #1: 1 blast = BFP; Missed m/c discovered at 9w5d; D&E
Karyotyping: normal ~ RPL Testing: normal ~ Hysteroscopy: normal
FET #2: 1 blast transferred 10/25; BFP 10/31!
EDD 7/13/14 ~ Induced at 37w4d due to pre-eclampsia ~ Born on 6/28/14
*Everyone welcome*

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: TTC Check In

• We are sitting at the clinic now waiting to meet with the doc but based on the weekend's ultrasound I have one big follicle, and one that might get big enough, and some little ones that won't make it probably. Femara seemed to work for me.

Unless that big one grew huge in the past two days we are looking at triggering tomorrow night and the iui on Thursday morning. Fingers crossed! I have an all day meeting on Wednesday and I have no idea what excuse I would give if I have to be late for work because of the iui!

Otherwise... I am doing okay, this cycle had definitely been less stressful for me since I cut the acupuncture and cut back on monitoring visits. We have really been taking it easy lately, which has helped for sure.

This week I am looking forward to the iui being done, H's surgery being done, and getting on with the 2ww and hanging out with friends again :

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    queer couple - 32 (me) & 33 (my love) years old - donor sperm,

Our IF/TTC journey since Nov 2012.

Me: dx of DOR in Nov. 2012. Low AMH, AFC - 6, Normal FSH, SS-A (RO) Antibodies (Autoimmune issues), tubes clear, Sono (November 2013) NORMAL! <p>

7 IUI's - December 2012-September 2013.  Medicated, Injected, Triggered.... all BFN.

My Love:  (the amazing @Healz413)
    Normal AMH & FSH, AFC ~27, blocked tube dx'd via HSG in 2012.   Hydrosalpinx & ovarian cyst dx'd in May 2013.
    dx of Stage IV Endo & bilateral salpinectomy in June 2013.  

Partner IVF#1a- December 2013 - H's eggs, my Ute - CANCELLED due to low response
    Partner IVF #1b - February 2014 - H's eggs, my Ute - ER February 4 (10 retrieved, 3 fertilized), Transfer Feb 7 of one Grade 1 and one Grade 2 day 3 embryos.  1 - Day 3, Grade 1 frosty saved.   BFP - 6dp3dt via FRER, Beta #1 - 110, Beta #2 175, Beta #3 - 348, Beta #4 - 2222!, Beta #5 - 4255.  Ultrasound (6w1d) - 2 heartbearts!  

We lost our beautiful Twin baby girls on June 18, 2014.  Tavin Sara and Casey Elizabeth were born at 21 weeks gestation and were absolutely beautiful, precious, amazing babies.  We miss our daughters every day and love them with all our hearts.

• imageManada:
    This week I am looking forward to the iui being done, H's surgery being done, and getting on with the 2ww and hanging out with friends again :

Hey Manada, sending my best for H's surgery today!

What cycle day are you? I think we are definitely cylce buddies again... I see you are waiting 36 hours after trigger to get IUI. Do you trigger at home? I've mostly done it at clinic 24 hours prior to IUI and I'm thinking of prolonging it this time. The timing thing really gets me, I think we have been too early the past few cycles.

My TTC update: I'm going in for monitoring Tuesday CD11 but I'm thinking of switching it to Wednesday CD12. What usually happens is they see one or two mostly mature follicles (20mm or more) and they trigger me that day to do IUI on CD12. I think this is too early. I'm going to call RE this morning.

What I'm most looking forward to this week: More wedding planning! This weekend I booked my photographer, band, and a friend to make our guestbook! June 15 is coming fast!

M&K met 8/2002 married 6/2012
    TTC with RE since March 2012
    3 missed O's, 6 IUIs = 1 BFP then 8 w M/C, 5 BFNs
    (2 unmedicated IUIs, 2 clomid IUI, 2 femara IUI)
    Shared maternity/partner IVF, transfer #1 BFP!
    EDD 11/28/13
  • Loading the player...
  • Manada and MollyKelley Good luck this week! Here's to lots of healthy big follies and virile samples! Also best wishes for a fast recovery for H.

I'm 11 dpiui today. Weekend went well, no huge symptoms overall. I've had some weird stuff like being nauseous a couple of times yesterday, but trying to check that up to something else. I've definitely had my share of fake "symptoms" before. I will share with those of you that have switched to Femera, I had tri-layered lining this month, whereas other months on Clomid I did not have that.

Thinking of testing tomorrow, but scared to.  I think I'll wait until Wednesday when they told me to test.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • imagemollykelley:

My TTC update: I'm going in for monitoring Tuesday CD11 but I'm thinking of switching it to Wednesday CD12. What usually happens is they see one or two mostly mature follicles (20mm or more) and they trigger me that day to do IUI on CD12. I think this is too early. I'm going to call RE this morning.

Just typed this and then got a positive OPK so I guess I'm going in this morning! 

EDD 11/28/13
  • Thanks for all the good wishes for my surgery. It is in an hour and twenty minutes.

Since Manada updated we met with the RE. One follicle is 23. The other is 13, so we will most likely only get one egg this cycle. But that is not surprising given M's diminished ovarian reserve. We will trigger at home tonight and then inseminate Weds morn. We confirmed that M isn't starting to surge yet. Last thing we want is to miss ovulation on the other end of things this time last time we inseminated too early.

The doctor and nurse agreed to accomodate M's day long meeting on weds by putting us first on the list for IUI at 8am. It means we have to arrive at 6:45 to have them thaw the sample.

MK I wonder if they will let you trigger at home. Everything we have read is that the best timing is to trigger 36 hours before IUI. Good luck at your appointment today.

QOTD: I'm most looking forward to insemination on wednesday. Other than that I'm looking forward to eating. Because of my surgery I have been allowed to eat since 7am and I was only allowed a small breakfast before 7am. M is promising me any food I feel up for after surgery. She's off wheat for the month so pizza at least the good kind is out. The top contenders are currently Thai food and wings.

****loss discussed*****

We're queer. I'm 33, have severe stage 4 endo, and had both fallopian tubes removed. My love ("Manada" on the boards, 32) was diagnosed with diminished ovarian reserve. We did Partner IVF (my eggs, her uterus). We lost our twins Tavin and Casey at 21 weeks gestation.

Our IUIs
    with @Manada: IUI# 1-7 (December 2012- September 2013) all BFN. Tried natural, femara, clomid, puregon/follistim, clomid and menopur combo, both the ovidrel and HCG triggers.

Our IVFs:
    IVF #1 my eggs November/December 2013: Cancelled IVF due to poor response

IVF #2 my eggs/Manada's uterus January/February 2014
    BCPs and lupron overlap Stimmed: 1/22-2/2: Bravelle and Menopur (dosage ranged from B300 and M150 to B375 and M150 to B300 and M225)
    2/4 retrieved 10 eggs. Endo was much worse than expected. Only 3 eggs fertilized; February 7 transferred two day 3 embryos, froze one. All great condition.
    BFP eve of 6dp3dt; Beta 1 (11dp3dt): 110; Beta 2 (13dp3dt): 175; Beta 3 (15dp3dt): 348; Beta 4 (19dp3dt): 2222; Beta 5 (21dp3dt): 4255
    1st ultrasound (3/6  6w 1d): TWINS!!!! Twin A measuring 6w1d with a heartbeat of 118bpm. Twin B measuring 6w0d with a heartbeat of 113bpm. 

***July 18, 2014 we lost our beautiful babies at 21 weeks gestation. They were born too early. Tavin Sara T. and Casey Elizabeth T. are beautiful and precious and we will love them and miss them forever.***

FET #1 December 2014
    Intralipid infusion on Dec 10. Transfer of 1 day 3 nine-cell embryo into my uterus on Dec. 19. (acupuncture immediately before and after)
    BFP on Dec. 27; Beta 1 Jan 2 (14dp3dt): 665, Beta 2 Jan 4 (16dp3dt): 1859, Beta 3 Jan 6 (18dp3dt): 4449, Beta 4 Jan 10 (22dp3dt): 12,251.

Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers
  • Not much to report. No period. Blah.

I am looking forward to my OB follow up tomorrow. Not that it will necessarily be a good time, but I want to hear that everything checks out after the D and E, and if it doesn't, I want to know that so they can fix it. Right now I have no idea what to expect.

ETA: Good luck to those with IUIs or tests this week!
    9 IUIs = 9 BFNs
    *Everyone welcome*

• MollyKelley: we are on CD13 today, so we will inseminate on day 15. What did your RE say when you called?

Everyone: Healz came out of surgery just fine. The RE said everything looks good, and that the polyps were smaller than they thought, so that's good. Off to tuck her in bed!

Me: dx of DOR in Nov. 2012. Low AMH, AFC - 6, Normal FSH, SS-A (RO) Antibodies (Autoimmune issues), tubes clear, Sono (November 2013) NORMAL! <p>

7 IUI's - December 2012-September 2013.  Medicated, Injected, Triggered.... all BFN.

Normal AMH & FSH, AFC ~27, blocked tube dx'd via HSG in 2012.   Hydrosalpinx & ovarian cyst dx'd in May 2013.

Partner IVF#1a- December 2013 - H's eggs, my Ute - CANCELLED due to low response
    Partner IVF #1b - February 2014 - H's eggs, my Ute - ER February 4 (10 retrieved, 3 fertilized), Transfer Feb 7 of one Grade 1 and one Grade 2 day 3 embryos.  1 - Day 3, Grade 1 frosty saved.   BFP - 6dp3dt via FRER, Beta #1 - 110, Beta #2 175, Beta #3 - 348, Beta #4 - 2222!, Beta #5 - 4255.  Ultrasound (6w1d) - 2 heartbearts!  

We lost our beautiful Twin baby girls on June 18, 2014.  Tavin Sara and Casey Elizabeth were born at 21 weeks gestation and were absolutely beautiful, precious, amazing babies.  We miss our daughters every day and love them with all our hearts.

• Well, I just ordered my first vial of sperm. It is surreal and scary and exciting all at once. I take my last prometrium dose Wednesday evening and I am most looking forward to getting my period this week (#ThingsINeverThoughtIWouldSay). I am really hoping that all goes well this cycle, my biggest fear (other than "Surprise! It's OCTUPLETS!")  is that my body will let me down - especially since my doctor is quite convinced I have PCOS.
  • Well...I must say this is going to be a really stressful week for us. We will be going for our first IUI next week and so I feel like this week is going to be CRAZY slow!!! I have my massage scheduled, my acupuncture scheduled and our meditation room set up...I feel like I am going to crawl out of my skin!!!
  • ball.and.chain I will be thinking of you and hope all looks good tomorrow!

Healz and Manada good luck this week. I'm glad the surgery went okay.

Those of you in for first IUI try to let go and enjoy! I know I say that but I have a hard time too.

I surged naturally today we triggered and IUI 6 will be tomorrow at noon. Please keep fingers and toes crosses for me! I had just one 27mm follie and 12 mm lining. Yay!
    EDD 11/28/13
  • imagemollykelley:
    ball.and.chain I will be thinking of you and hope all looks good tomorrow!

Thanks mollykelley.  I am super nervous!

FX for your IUI.

9 IUIs = 9 BFNs
    *Everyone welcome*

• imagemollykelley:

Those of you in for first IUI try to let go and enjoy! I know I say that but I have a hard !

Thanks! It's been hard but we are really trying to stay in the present...good luck with your next IUI! My fingers are crossed for you!
  • Good luck today MK! Fingers and toes crossed!

And good luck to those of you doing your first iui this week and next!

We triggered last night I was such a baby about it! But I didn't even feel the shot! and will have ours done at 8am tomorrow... I am also going to test out the trigger shot this cycle, just to give me something to do during te 2ww, so I am off to the dollar store today to buy a handful of cheapie pg tests.

• Hello. We are newbies to the TTC world.  It feels like we have entered an alternate universe and are trying to decipher all the lingo and acronyms. :)  

L and I have been married for a year and a half and had our first IUI with trigger 1/4/13 with donor sperm.  We are now in our first TWW....and it is kinda terrible.  

We have been so anxious that despite our docs recommendation not to test until Friday (1/18).  We went to Target yesterday and bought tests.  We tested yesterday and today (day 10 and 11 post IUI), and both were negative.

I am having sore breasts today and some nausea, but am not sure if they are just symptoms I am creating in my own head or due to PMS or maybe a baby?  

We are trying to stay positive and wait a few days before we test again.  Reading everyone's posts is helping. Best of luck to everyone. 

Same sex couple, Married 8/6/11
    Baby Oliver born 11/27/13

TTC stats with donor sperm...
    IUI #1 with trigger, 1/4/13 - BFN
    IUI #2 with trigger, 2/1/13 BFN
    IUI #3 with tigger, 2/28/12 BFP EDD 11/21/13
  • imagemwagner25:
    Hello. We are newbies to the TTC world. nbsp;It feels like we have entered an alternate universe and are trying to decipher all the lingo and acronyms. : nbsp;nbsp;L and I have been married for a year and a half and had our first IUI with trigger 1/4/13 with donor sperm. nbsp;We are now in our first TWW....and it is kinda terrible. nbsp;We have been so anxious that despite our docs recommendation not to test until Friday 1/18. nbsp;We went to Target yesterday and bought tests. nbsp;We tested yesterday and today day 10 and 11 post IUI, and both were negative. I am having sore breasts today and some nausea, but am not sure if they are just symptoms I am creating in my own head or due to PMS or maybe a baby? nbsp;We are trying to stay positive and wait a few days before we test again. nbsp;Reading everyone's posts is helping. Best of luck to everyone.nbsp;Mnbsp;nbsp;

Good luck!!! We are new as well! I look forward to following your journey! This group is really great and there is a lot of knowledge in this group!
  • Hey everyone ! We are newbies to TTC I'm very excited and I have my first appointment with my ob/gyn thrusday and I took my first ovulation test today negative. I see what everyone is saying and I can't wait until my iui next month.
  • imagebundleoluv11:
    Hey everyone ! We are newbies to TTC I'm very excited and I have my first appointment with my ob/gyn thrusday and I took my first ovulation test today negative. I see what everyone is saying and I can't wait until my iui next month.
    Welcome! We are seminewbies as well!! This seems to be a great group!
  • Thank you for the great welcome!
  • Good morning everyone! I'm at the doctors office waiting for my ob/ gyn to come in and get me started on my baby journey. My nurse told me I'm all clear to get pregnant!!! Now , I have to send my sperm samples in for my iui and hell we will see!! My partner will be pregnant with me as well so this going to be fun! I promise it will be updates!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"