Babies: 3 - 6 Months

loss of urination sensation

So its almost been 4 months since I had baby via csection and I still can not feel when I have to urinate. Its like my bladder muscles aren't contracting to alert me my bladder is full and the first pain in feel is my kidney area hurting. I am going to call doc in morning but was wondering if anyone on here has had loss of urination sensation after their csections?

Re: loss of urination sensation

• No, not after either csection. I'd talk to your dr. I don't think that's normal.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • I had a csection too but haven't experienced that.  Definitely worth a call to the doc
    Don't be so hard on yourself Even a clock that isn't working is right twice a day Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    photo bumpsig_zps1c080282.jpg

BabyFruit Ticker
    imageimageimage
  • Loading the player...
  • No, I have not had this, it does not sound normal to me. I would call your doc in the morning.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • So, I didn't have a c-section but my bladder essentially quit after giving birth. I had catheter after catheter for a month. Ugh.

Anyway, call your doc and see if you can get in to see a urologist. The urologist figured out that my bladder was really distended, which is why I couldn't urinate. I had to have a catheter in for another couple weeks to give the muscles a break, and then they could contract like normal, and sensation returned little by little. They can also do a bladder scan to see how much urine you have in there before you get sensation, etc.

I hope it resolves itself soon.  

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Definitely call a doctor, but in the meantime, don't wait for the need to go pee.  Go every couple of hours so it doesn't get to that point.
    Me: 36 (Endo) DH: 39 (Azoo)
    5 DIUI - BFN
    IVF#1 - BFP - AJ 7/12
    FET#1 - BFP Due 7/24/14
    imageimage
    Lilypie Premature Baby tickers
    image imageimageimageimage
  • Does not sound normal i would diffently call doctor
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • I had this for about a month after my csection. After 4 months, though, I would call my ob.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"