Cloth Diapering

Anyone Part Time CD?

I'm just wondering because DS uses disposibles at daycare. We CD on the weekends. It's good since that only means one load of CD laundry per week. I feel that most CD blogs and stores push the all or nothing approach.
Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: Anyone Part Time CD?

• There's no CD police.  Do what works for your family. 

• We were all set to PT CD if daycare wasn't on board. We lucked out, and they're supportive, but you won't find any judgment here!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Loading the player...
  • imagetjkdlhb:
    There's no CD police.  Do what works for your family. 

Oh, there isn't? *Takes off shiny badge and puts it in dresser drawer* Embarrassed

Seriously though, we're all pretty relaxed around here, but we like to poke fun at each other every once in a while.

imageimageimage
    imageimage
    Suddenly my life doesn't seem such a waste,
    It all revolves around you.
  • I do, because I'm new at it.  All I use is prefolds with covers which after trying last night is not good for my toddler ON.  He'll be in disposables until I get my daytime stash built up then I'll worry about trying to find cloth ON solutions.... or not.  I haven't decided yet.  My newest LO is due Apr 1 and I plan to exclusively cloth diaper him but I'm thinking by the time he's soaking through his ON, DS1 will be potty trined (hopefully). 

I'm a SAHM but when I expressed my desire to start CDing w my friends, it was the DC workers and even director that were the first and only ones that tried to discourage me from it!  I think I would've just used sposies for DC rather than argue with them about it if he were in DC.

Pregnancy Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • yes, we do since daycare uses disposables only. We also use cloth over nights. Figure that even with half time cloth, it's still saving some money and fewer disposables in the landfill. Also when he's home sick or on holidays we cloth diaper those days too.
  • We only CD on evenings, nights and weekends.  Disposibles are included in the cost of our DC so we just have him use theirs while there, no biggie!

I used to think it needed to be an all or nothing thing too when I first started researching because that's the vibe I got but I have come to realize any CD'ing is good so I don't care anymore.

Lilypie First Birthday tickersLilypie Kids Birthday tickersimageimageimage
  • I use CDs whenever we are at home, but when we run errands, I put DD in sposies, since I don't feel like dealing with a bag of dirty CDs. She is not in DC, so it really isnt too often. I might change my mind as she gets older and I figure it out more...

But, CDs are a start up investment, and buying sposies all the time might lessen the financial reasons to CD..... 

Image and video hosting by TinyPic< br> Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • imageiggywan:

I use CDs whenever we are at home, but when we run errands, I put DD in sposies, since I don't feel like dealing with a bag of dirty CDs. She is not in DC, so it really isnt too often. I might change my mind as she gets older and I figure it out more...

But, CDs are a start up investment, and buying sposies all the time might lessen the financial reasons to CD..... 

Get a wetbag to put in your diaper bag to hold the dirties.  It's really NBD.

If LO is on solids, you can use a disposable liner and flush it after changing so that you aren't carrying poop.  I didn't find that her poop smelled bad until she started solids. 

• If it works for you, awesome! Does your pail not stink with only washing once a week though? 
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • We did CDs part time for a long time. Still saves money and trash space.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"