Cloth Diapering

Are all Wet bags created equally?

Are there "good" and "Bad" wet bags?  Do different brands have different "features?"  All of mine have been made by my sister. I was looking at possibly buying one more on amazon but didn't know if there were differences in the brands.

Re: Are all Wet bags created equally?

• They all look about the same to me. I think some have pockets on the side to hold little items. Then there are different sizes and patterns. They all seem to get the job done :
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • is there kind of a consensus on if the one or two layered ones are better?  Are there downsides to one or the other?
  • Loading the player...
  • Good to know! Thank you!  All of the ones my sister has made me are just one layer of PUL I could see how the two layers would cause problems now.
  • I also second the one-layer bag recommendation. I think mine is a Swaddlebees, and I love it.

• I really like my kanga care bags. They can hold quite a bit, have snapping handles AND they were only 5 dollars during a seconds sale.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Kanga care all the way!!!  Love those things - we have 3.
    5 failed clomid/femara cycles led to injects and IUI = BFP December 2011! Enjoying life with Owen Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • imageunaveragejane:
    I also second the one-layer bag recommendation. I think mine is a Swaddlebees, and I love it.

this!

I have 2 Swaddlebees that dry quickly overnight.  I love them, but they aren't big enough for more than 1 day of diapers.  I bought a large Planetwise, thinking the size would be great.  The size is good, but the darn 2 layers takes forever to dry!  In retrospect, I should have just bought a couple more Swaddlebees.

• imagemargaretkaye1:
    imagebmv1980:
    I really like my kanga care bags. They can hold quite a bit, have snapping handles AND they were only 5 dollars during a seconds sale.

I think they still have them

Nice! Maybe I'll pick up a couple more for back up. Most brands I've looked at are 20 dollars and up.
  • I liked my Bummi's large one that I use as a pail liner, until the side seam started coming out. My fav for that purpose is a planetwise pail liner. It's one layer, dries relatively fast and has been durable.

For small wet bags, I really prefer zipped ones to drawstring. I've tried kushies (terrible all around) and GroVia (was nice at first) and had both of them come apart. I really like our bummi's small wet bag and another one that I sadly don't kow the brand name of and bought from a site that went out of business.

Those kanga care bags look really nice! How do you all use them? As a pail liner or hanging bag? 

Jess & Adam, married 2009, precious Audrey born in 2011. BFP 1/6/13, 6-wk MMC discovered at 9 wks 2/11/13. D&C 2/18/13, second D&C 4/23/13 for retained placenta.
    BFP 8/24/13!! EDD 5/1/14, delivered healthy and sweet Zoey Leanne on 5/5/14 by repeat c-section.
  • I don't knoe.  I habe three.  2 wahm, ones's a one layer and the second is a two layer.  I like the two layer for the way it snaps onto things, but it takes longer to dry.  I have 1 large alva baby wet bag.  I just put it in a trash can, works great and super cheap.  I may buy a second one before this baby gets here.
  • In a word - no!  I tend to prefer double-layer wetbags because they are better at keeping the smell IN.  The single layer ones do not.

I have 7 wetbags.  I had to throw one away (Planet wise) because the zipper broke and I couldn't fix it plus the outer cloth layer had holes that I got tired of mending.  I also have 2 Planet wise pail liners which have come apart in a few places around the elastic but have held up otherwise. I haven't tried other pail liners. Here are my quick reviews of the others:

Lg PW with handles - love the handles, smell stays in for most part (2 layers)

Med PW - no handle but 2 layers. good

2 Bummis med - have snap handles, but only 1 layer so not good at keeping smell in. Also one of them has come apart several times, I hand-sewed it but it came apart again. Mended with sewing machine and it's OK now. Handle came off completely.  All around OK I guess.

2 Small Wethappened? - love these - very thick PUL inner layer + outer layer. Only hold about 3 dipes, no handles :(

1 Med SweetPeadiapers brand - similar to Bummis, has snap handle and 1 layer. I think it's a local company that makes them.  Ok but not great.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker 
  • I have four Planetwise's in every possible size that I really like. I have 2 Alvas that I also really like, plus they are super cheap. I send the Alvas to DC and use the PWs for the diaper bag and nursery.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"