August 2013 Moms

military mamas

I remember we have quite a few military families out here and that several of you are gearing up for deployments. How are you ladies? Still gearing up for deployment? Currently enduring a deployment? or pcsing?
Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Re: military mamas

• I am getting out due to migraines but hubs is still in and has about 16 more months on station before he is up for orders, they told him he is more than likely going to a deploying CAB unit. He has deployed 3 times already I won't be looking forward to it but we shall see. DH has 6 more years before he retires.
    imageimageimageimage

• imageamarissa85:
    I am getting out due to migraines but hubs is still in and has about 16 more months on station before he is up for orders, they told him he is more than likely going to a deploying CAB unit. He has deployed 3 times already I won't be looking forward to it but we shall see. DH has 6 more years before he retires.
    what branch? What's his job? What was yours? Dual military is hard kuddos!

Edit. What ia a CAB unit. Not familiar with that acronym
  • Loading the player...
  • Army, both of us are air traffic controllers. CAB for us stands for combat aviation brigade. Yeah it has been a long track but it is coming to an end.
    imageimageimageimage

• imageamarissa85:
    Army, both of us are air traffic controllers. CAB for us stands for combat aviation brigade. Yeah it has been a long track but it is coming to an end.

Neat! Thanks for sharing : sorry to hear about your migraines. I hope your out processing stuff isn't to much of a pita. We got drug around a lot when dh got out...oh if i knew what i know now!
  • Oh no its a pita. I have been pending separation since september, they promised to have me out by christmas time and that didn't happen so I told them I would like to at least make deadline for school semester which was the 9th of this month and that came and went too. I swear sometimes I'd like to pull my hair out. Half my house is in boxes because at any moment they could drop my orders. But I can't fully pack it up obviously because me and the little ones are still here and need necessities. My christmas tree is still up, why because it is in the corner behind a stack of boxes and I said to myself to hell with it, it'll stay there until I pack the rest of the house. Just UGH!
    imageimageimageimage

• My DH is af he just got back from deployment so thankfully he will be around this year when lo number 2 arrives.

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickersLilypie Angel and Memorial tickers

• We are in the middle of pcs hell. This is our 4th in 5.5 years and I'm so ready to not do this again anytime soon. And we don't move close either, we did GA to AZ to WA to GA now to CA.

Love is multiplied: DS #1: 1.5.99 ~ DS #2: 9.23.11 ~ DD 8.29.13

m/c 11/12/12 - sleep tight baby bean.

Bitty Baby #4, please stick around - we already love you so very much!

Ultrasound 11/4 - TWO HEARTBEATS!!!

BabyFruit Ticker

• My husband is in the Navy and I am due August 27.  We also just went through a cross country move but it was not an official PCS.  My husband is attending a school in NC and since he will be returning to our original duty station in CA, the military called it a TDY move, even though it is a year long school.  Since CA is SO far from NC and it is our first baby, we decided to move me anyways but now it is all out of pocket(although he will get mileage pay).  Needless to say, the past week has been stressful and financially draining but I wouldn't want it any other way.  I want him to have a chance to be at the birth and this was the only way!
  • imageamarissa85:
    Oh no its a pita. I have been pending separation since september, they promised to have me out by christmas time and that didn't happen so I told them I would like to at least make deadline for school semester which was the 9th of this month and that came and went too. I swear sometimes I'd like to pull my hair out. Half my house is in boxes because at any moment they could drop my orders. But I can't fully pack it up obviously because me and the little ones are still here and need necessities. My christmas tree is still up, why because it is in the corner behind a stack of boxes and I said to myself to hell with it, it'll stay there until I pack the rest of the house. Just UGH!

Oh no! I hate the way the military handles paperwork. DH had the same problems he had to submit his retirement package twice, wait for all the med stuff which takes forever it took over a year to finally get out, and then don't even get me started on the VA they are an even bigger nightmare than the military when it comes to paperwork. It took another 6 months to get everything straight with the VA. 

• yay! I hate when daddies have to miss births :)
  • imageac5008:
    We are in the middle of pcs hell. This is our 4th in 5.5 years and I'm so ready to not do this again anytime soon. And we don't move close either, we did GA to AZ to WA to GA now to CA.

no fun! Do you let them pack you or do you do it all yourself? 

• imagetoppingheyler:
    My husband is in the Navy and I am due August 27.  We also just went through a cross country move but it was not an official PCS.  My husband is attending a school in NC and since he will be returning to our original duty station in CA, the military called it a TDY move, even though it is a year long school.  Since CA is SO far from NC and it is our first baby, we decided to move me anyways but now it is all out of pocket(although he will get mileage pay).  Needless to say, the past week has been stressful and financially draining but I wouldn't want it any other way.  I want him to have a chance to be at the birth and this was the only way!

What part of NC? you sound a little like us. We moved from NC to FL, DH is in school here in FL but we are "retiring" in NC we own a house up there, Im moving back in feb, and then he will be home in april 

• DH is National Guard, and he got back from a 6 month long school a few months ago. He is set to be gone for another 4 months in the very near future. We are just waiting to hear back as to when he will go. We are hoping it's within the next few weeks so we know for sure he will be back for the birth. I am certainly not looking forward to it even though it's 4 months and could be much worse.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

BabyFetus Ticker

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

• imageKtbug613:

imageac5008:
    We are in the middle of pcs hell. This is our 4th in 5.5 years and I'm so ready to not do this again anytime soon. And we don't move close either, we did GA to AZ to WA to GA now to CA.

We let them do it! You couldn't pay me enough to do a full DITY with a teen, a toddler, and pregnant, ha.

Love is multiplied: DS #1: 1.5.99 ~ DS #2: 9.23.11 ~ DD 8.29.13

m/c 11/12/12 - sleep tight baby bean.

Bitty Baby #4, please stick around - we already love you so very much!

Ultrasound 11/4 - TWO HEARTBEATS!!!

BabyFruit Ticker

• imageac5008:
    imageKtbug613:

imageac5008:

We let them do it! You couldn't pay me enough to do a full DITY with a teen, a toddler, and pregnant, ha.

Haha! No joke!
  • We are at Fort Bragg, an Army base.  We are coming from Camp Pendleton, CA so the change in scenery isn't exactly what I wanted!  I like palm trees, ocean breezes, and San Diego, not as big a fan of Fayetteville...but we adjust!  We have a great place to live so that's a plus.  We are also within driving distance to our families in Michigan so that will be nice as well.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"