Baby Names
Options

Having a hard time unique family boy name

I really need some help. My husbands name is Kermit and yes that is his real name! He's the third Kermit in his family so using this as a first name for our son is a must for my DH. We have decided to name the baby Kermit but call him by his middle name. Would love opinions and suggestions!

heres what we have so far

kermit william

kermit andrew

kermit Tyler

if it helps our last name is houser. I'm not sold on any of them right now and keep thinking there's something else out there. 

Thanks for your help! 

Re: Having a hard time unique family boy name

• Options
    Neil, Oliver, Henry, Benjamin, Wilson, Adam/Adem, Reid, Miles/Milo, Harrison, Sullivan, Hudson, Jackson, Mason, Samuel. I actually think Kermit is refreshing, and if it wasn't such a popular Muppet, I think Kermit would be a pretty popular trend right now.

• Options
    Kermit Matthew, Kermit William, Kermit Alexander are some ideas. But I like traditional names. Good luck!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

I think Kermit Andrew flows the best but I am not a fan of Andrew.

How about Owen, James, Wesley, Spencer, or Vaughn.

FWIW I had an Uncle Kermit. So I grew up with both the muppet association and my Uncle. So a muppet isn't the first thing I think about.

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options

I would advise using Kermit as a middle name. I have a lot of friends and family who go by their middle names and they all say it's a pain and they wish their parents had reversed the names, regardless of what previous family tradition was.

My BIL is actually one of these - my MIL says she would give anything to do it over again and switch his names because not only is it a hassle for him in day to day life, but because it is also his father's name, they constantly get each other's mail and phone calls. 

I have a friend who is so mad his parents did this, he said (paraphrasing), "I don't care how many generations of family used it as a first name - I wish my parents had done their own twist on the tradition and switched them!" This came after many problems with taxes and job applications, etc.  

DS1 - 9; DS2 - 6; Angel - May 10, 2011; Baby Girl - Due May 19, 2013
  • Options
    image+ASH+:

I would advise using Kermit as a family name. I have a lot of friends and family who go by their middle names and they all say it's a pain and they wish their parents had reversed the names, regardless of what previous family tradition was.

My BIL is actually one of these - my MIL says she would give anything to do it over again and switch his names because not only is it a hassle for him in day to day life, but because it is also his father's name, they constantly get each other's mail and phone calls. 

I have a friend who is so mad his parents did this, he said (paraphrasing), "I don't care how many generations of family used it as a first name - I wish my parents had done their own twist on the tradition and switched them!" This came after many problems with taxes and job applications, etc. 

Most of this.  I dated a guy who had the same name as his father.  He said it was a pain in the a** to do anything money related.  Dad didn't have such good credit, he did.  Always was a hassle.  Just a thought!

• Options
    I probably would use it as a second name. A close friend of ours named their son after their father and his father did the same before that and on it goes. i think he has about 10 generations of John. It's lovely to honour past family members but I also feel for me personally that I would want my brand new baby to have his own name first.

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    imageASH:
    I would advise using Kermit as a middle name. I have a lot of friends and family who go by their middle names and they all say it's a pain and they wish their parents had reversed the names, regardless of what previous family tradition was.

I completely agree with this. I'm a social worker and have worked in schools and hospitals; using a middle name but having a different legal name for paperwork and whatnot is such a hassle on so many levels.

And I'll be honest, Kermit is pretty bad. It's time to make your own traditions.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options

imageKUinCBUS:
    Also, FWIW, I am married to a man who shares the same first and last name as his father and grandfather. It has not been particularly troublesome but having different middle initials has been important. Good luck!

I am also married to a man that has the same name as his father.  They gave different middle names, however they both go by the same first name.  It hasn't been a problem for them.

My two boys are getting a surprise May 2015!

BabyFruit Ticker

• Options

I'd see if I could find a one-syllable middle name to break up the heaviness of the three two-syllable names in a row: John, Luke, Leif, James, Max, etc. 

https://babynamestoliveby.blogspot.com/

• Options
    I like Kermit Andrew.
  • Options

Tough one. Kermit Jackson is good.

one note on the whole going by the middle name thing, I am a victim of this and it is a pain for legal documents and standardized tests were horrible. Additionally, my husband is a junior and he and his father .have credit mix ups all the time. Food for thought.  The tradition is sometimes not bendable, so good luck.  

• Options
    Kermit?
    Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers Lilypie Second Birthday tickers Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options

imageKUinCBUS:
    Kermit Jameson

I really like that!

S/P L salpingo-oophorectomy w/ septic torsion 1999, dx moderate to severe Crohn's dz 2004. DH S/P hypospadic sx w/ multiple subsequent scar tissue removals, S/P herniorrhaphy. Married on 10/7/2006! TTC since May 2011; abnormal SA #1, better SA #2, normal HSG 7/2012, dx MFI/ low egg count, IUI! Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"