Toddlers: 24 Months+

xp: good resorts in FL w/ activities for 3-4 yr olds?

We have never flown with our 3 1/2 yr old twins & are dreading it, DS gets a bit freaked out in enclosed places full of strangers & new experiences...so we really want to go somewhere we can fly direct.   where live this includes Sarasota, Tampa, Orlando, Miami, Jacksonville, Ft Myers, Ft Lauderdale.

We love the caribbean & would prefer to go there but cannot fly direct anywhere except cancun & we don't want to go there.  We don't want to do disney/orlando either- definitely something on the coast.

So we are thinking west coast FL might be nice?

Are there resorts there (no need to be all inclusive) that have kids' clubs/camps for kids under 4 and other things to do in the area? (DS may not be poop potty trained yet either so that is an additional complication if PT is required) We are looking at all price ranges. availability of condos and suites is a plus for sure. I'd prefer not just a basic hotel w/ a pool but something a little bigger/more involved maybe

Thanks!

Re: xp: good resorts in FL w/ activities for 3-4 yr olds?

• We took our DD to the Hammock Bay Resort in Palm Coast, FL. It's on the east coast just north of Daytona Beach.

It is right on the beach, has 5 pools 1 being a kiddie pool, lazy river, waterslides, and golf. My DD loved the beach and pools. They have lounge chairs, umbrellas, towels, and lots of stuff for kids.

It is expensive but worth it.

Amelia Island is nice too. The Ritz Carlton is right on the beach and has all the amenities. It is on the east coast too!!!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • If you do the Ft Lauderdale/Miami area, you should check out Lion Country Safari. DD freaked out with excitement at the animals walking up to our car. There were also a lot of rides that she could do as well.
    imageimage
  • Loading the player...
  • Aside from the obvious Orlando area resorts, if you are looking at all inclusive, I would try the Disney Vero Beach. Super nice and clean, and on a private strip of beach, with a kiddie splash pad area, huge slide in the pool, which is also huge, and lots of activities during the day and a campfire at night (we got rained out both times). If you are looking for something that is close to other activities, I would suggest St. Augustine, which is full of activities for every age and activity level, but not sure on the resort status, just my favorite city in all of Florida. Also, the Palm Beach area has a lot of stuff you can do, like PP said Lion Country Safari, as well as a water park, but I forget the name. Tampa has Bush Gardens, but again, I am not familiar with the resorts there, and I am not really sure Tampa has much more to offer kids, unless you want to take them to a really popular but sleazy strip club. If you are specifically looking for the resort experience, and not leaving your hotel area, it would depend on your price point and your interests.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Just read your preference for west coast, sorry. I am more familiar with east coast.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"