Babies: 0 - 3 Months

Exercise post partum

Just wondering how everyone is doing exercise wise? I'm 5 weeks pp and just got back into it the last week or so. I feel great. Bleeding has stopped I had no tearing or issues at all. I'm wanting to do a ripped class tonight. Wondering if it may be to early or if I should just go on how I feel?
Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker image

Re: Exercise post partum

• I was told no exercise until after my 6 week appt, if cleared by the dr. But I had a c section, maybe its diff for vaginal birth?
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • I had a csection and my doctor told me to stick to walking until 8 to 12 weeks pp
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Started Dating 03/04/2007 ~ Got Engaged 04/23/2010 ~ Said "I Do" 03/19/2011

Started TTC #1 11/2011 ~ BFP #1 03/28/2012-EDD 12/02/2012 ~

Greyson was Born by Unplanned C-Section on 11/20/2012 @ 8lbs 9oz 21 inhces

Started TTC #2 07/2013 ~ BFP #2 10/11/2013-EDD based on growth is June 26th

Liam born by Repeat C-Section on June 20, 2014 @ 8lbs 2oz 20.75 inches

• Loading the player...
  • COBCOB member
    Listen to your body- if you feel good I'd say go ahead. I have been working out for weeks (baby is 5.5 weeks old) and have just done what feels good. I did the same with my first son, mentally it is great to feel "back to normal."
  • I had a c-section and my OB encouraged to start working out 4 -6 weeks after. They caution against rigerous core work outs. the harder you get back to it, closer to the 2 week post op... the higher the likelihood of popping a stitch you are.

Squats,, leg lifts and resistance bands are freat return... 3 sets of 10... every other day... drink lots of water

• I had a c-section 6 weeks ago and I've been running for a couple days now. I was active all but a couple months of my pregnancy and have had a great recovery. Just listen to your body! :)
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I'd listen to your body. That being said a "ripped class" sounds intense. You may want to start with something a bit more chill and see how your feel after :) If your body responds well, go from there. 
    Sept 2013 started TTC#2 (never got PP period so hoping for the first egg to drop)
    Jan 2014 - diagnosed POF (Premature Ovarian Failure) and told pregnancy not possible without egg donor because my ovaries would never function again with my hormone levels (FSH 136, LH 98.6, AMH <.03, estradiol 0, HCG 7) - using acupuncture, chiropractic care and TCM herbs / supplements
    March 11, 2014 ovulated despite every doctors prognosis!!!
    Oct 2014 hormones (FSH 48, Estradiol 89, HCG 1) not good, but heckuva lot better!

Nov. 16, 2015 FET of single adopted 5AA embryo - BFN
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    Read all about my TCC Journey here in my Blog Taking Back My Ovaries
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"