October 2011 Moms

Who isn't KU or TTC

I think there are more ladies on here who are KU or TTC than not. If you're not KU or TTC, are you done? Or are you planning on trying later on down the road? I definitely want one more, ideally 2 more. I don't think we will try for at least another year. I'd love to try next summer in hopes of a spring baby. 
Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker CafeMom Tickers Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Re: Who isn't KU or TTC

• Me!

If our financial situation improves, I'd like one more. Regardless, I wouldn't TTC until the beginning of next year.
                                   Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Me!!!

I may be one and done. Never say never, but it's unlikely I will have another. Nora isn't an only child since we have SD.

imageimage
    Parenting Floozie Brigades official motto:  We welcome to you the board with open legs.  Also, open beers. ~@cinemagoddess

• Loading the player...
  • My ute's currently on lockdown. I only want one more. I think MH wants 3 more, but he's nuts. I'm in my brother's wedding June 2014, so we're going to wait until after that at least. Daycare is super expensive here, I'd like a decent break between pregnancy and nursing, and I want to pay off a little more debt and save more before we have another.  

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • imageDoctorWorm222:
    Me! If our financial situation improves, I'd like one more. Regardless, I wouldn't TTC until the beginning of next year.

our financial situation is another reason I'd like to wait. It's not that we are struggling, but we are trying to be better about our budget and if we waited another year to conceive, by the time another LO arrives, DD could possibly be able to start head start, so we wouldn't have to pay for child care for two kiddos.  

• imagecrystalbaby:
    90% sure that we're one and done. Can't wait to get my Mirena.

when do you get it? I remember you saying you were most likely one and done. Have you always wanted just one? 

• Me. Might be one and done due to the probability of major complications/death if I try having another. Adoption isn't realistic financially.
  • imageemunbalanced:

My ute's currently on lockdown. I only want one more. I think MH wants 3 more, but he's nuts. I'm in my brother's wedding June 2014, so we're going to wait until after that at least. Daycare is super expensive here, I'd like a decent break between pregnancy and nursing, and I want to pay off a little more debt and save more before we have another.  

I would love to have 4 kids! I must be nuts too. I don't see it happening though. DH only wants 2, but never say never.  

• I'm not ku, or currently trying. Ideally, we will be moving into a bigger house before ttc again. We plan to put our house on the market in spring. Hopefully can be in a new place by summer. I told dh i wanted to be ku when DS turns 2.

DH wants to wait longer, but I don't want more than a 3 year age gap.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • imageUFCasey:
    Me. Might be one and done due to the probability of major complications/death if I try having another. Adoption isn't realistic financially.

I wish adoption wasn't so expensive. One of my very best friends is struggling with getting pregnant and would love to adopt, but can't afford it.  

• imagemorsey2011:
    imageemunbalanced:

My ute's currently on lockdown. I only want one more. I think MH wants 3 more, but he's nuts. I'm in my brother's wedding June 2014, so we're going to wait until after that at least. Daycare is super expensive here, I'd like a decent break between pregnancy and nursing, and I want to pay off a little more debt and save more before we have another.  

I would love to have 4 kids! I must be nuts too. I don't see it happening though. DH only wants 2, but never say never.  U

I always wanted 4, too, until I had one lol now I realize how hard it is with me working so much. I'm ok with only having two. I think DH is now, too, at this point. We didn't realize how hard it would be with no family support around. 

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • I am not Knocked up!!! As of Tuesday!!! We're not TTC! We'll try for number 3 when DD1 is old enough that she'll be in kindergarten when 3 is born. I will not be able to afford 3 in daycare.
  • imageemunbalanced:
    imagemorsey2011:
    imageemunbalanced:

I would love to have 4 kids! I must be nuts too. I don't see it happening though. DH only wants 2, but never say never.  U

I always wanted 4, too, until I had one lol now I realize how hard it is with me working so much. I'm ok with only having two. I think DH is now, too, at this point. We didn't realize how hard it would be with no family support around. 

I want 4 kids but I will probably only have 2, which makes me sad. But 4 kids would be so expensive I don't know how people do it! I am not necessarily TTC or TTA we are just doing what we are doing. However, I e we are in a new house, a few months from now, then I will be full on TTC
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
  • Have you thought abut foster/adopt?  It is pretty common in the LGBT world, since people aren't usually clamoring to give their babies to a gay couple and it's free.  You chose age ranges and medical problem parameters, etc.  I personally know 6 couples who adopted healthy infants through the system.  There are a lot of babies who aren't so healthy that need homes, i.e. drug exposure and no prenatal care.  We were in a program to adopt the winter we got pregnant with N.  It took 1.5 years and cost us $50,000 out of pocket before we conceived N and we had run out of money and hope.  My sister bought me 2 vials for my birthday (how funny is that?) and I got pregnant so we put our plans to foster/adopt on the back burner until I was too old to carry.  I still can't believe I got pregnant so fast and cheap this time.  The plan is to allow each baby about 2 years to settle before introducing another.  Hopefully I can carry one more and then we will adopt. We want 4 or 5 kids, hopefully 2 adopted through the system.

ETA:  The was supposed to quote to UFCasey.  

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers BabyFruit Ticker
  • Me. Everything is held up on the fact that our house is too small for another and it will take SO's grandpa passing away before we can move into the bigger house. But I am also enjoying just having Gator for now. I always thought I would want kids close together but I also want to be able to do fun stuff with Gator when she is 2 or 3 and not have to carry a baby while doing it.
  • We aren't TTC at the moment. I finally got to the point where I was ready to start next month, but we just found out about some insurance issues. Because of that it looks like it might be best for us to wait until July to start. Either way we can't wait much longer than that, because I'll be 35 in April. DH wants 3 kids, and I thought I did too. Now that we actually have one though, I'm leaning more towards 2. We'll see though. 
  • I am not TTC or KU! We think we are one and done but we are not 100% sure either. After a bad postpartum experience and the risks associated with my age I am not confident about having another.
    image"width="200px"> Lilypie Second Birthday tickers Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • imagejwls84:
    imageemunbalanced:
    imagemorsey2011:
    imageemunbalanced:

I want 4 kids but I will probably only have 2, which makes me sad. But 4 kids would be so expensive I don't know how people do it! I am not necessarily TTC or TTA we are just doing what we are doing. However, I e we are in a new house, a few months from now, then I will be full on TTC

I also would love four kids. However, I looked at it more of an aspect of "do I want to have four kids and not travel as much or do I want two kids and still be able to travel?" There is no way we could afford traveling for six people. Disneyland in Nov was over 180 dollars for ONE DAY for SO and I just to get in...Gator was free. But there is no way we could have went afforded to go if we had more kids. And in high school I can only imagine the cost of four kids in sports, driving school, etc. my SO wanted two and I think that is what we will stick with.
  • Not KU or ttc. Yay!! We are either done or will rediscuss this coming December/next year. 2u2 kicks my butt most days! I really would like a little girl but doubt we'd have one. And somedays I think we might be good with just two!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Three and free?  We are done.
    siggy1-16-13_zpsbc591894 photo siggy1-16-13_zpsbc591894-1_zpscf1469c3.jpg
  • I am one and done
  • imagejeannkerricotober09:
    Have you thought abut foster/adopt?nbsp; It is pretty common in the LGBT world, since people aren't usually clamoring to give their babies to a gay couple and it's free.nbsp; You chose age ranges and medical problem parameters, etc.nbsp; I personally know 6 couples who adopted healthy infants through the system.nbsp; There are a lot of babies who aren't so healthy that need homes, i.e. drug exposure and no prenatal care.nbsp; We were in a program to adopt the winter we got pregnant with N.nbsp; It took 1.5 years and cost us 50,000 out of pocket before we conceived N and we had run out of money and hope.nbsp; My sister bought me 2 vials for my birthday how funny is that? and I got pregnant so we put our plans to foster/adopt on the back burner until I was too old to carry.nbsp; I still can't believe I got pregnant so fast and cheap this time.nbsp; The plan is to allow each baby about 2 years to settle before introducing another.nbsp; Hopefully I can carry one more and then we will adopt. We want 4 or 5 kids, hopefully 2 adopted through the system.ETA:nbsp; The was supposed to quote to UFCasey. nbsp;

Yes, I looked into that but the classes, the risk of the child being afflicted with drug/alcohol issues, and then the potential heart ache of the baby being taken back by the parents while you wait for their rights to be terminated I just don't think we are cut out for it. : Maybe that makes me selfish.
  • imageUFCasey:
    imagejeannkerricotober09:
    Have you thought abut foster/adopt?nbsp; It is pretty common in the LGBT world, since people aren't usually clamoring to give their babies to a gay couple and it's free.nbsp; You chose age ranges and medical problem parameters, etc.nbsp; I personally know 6 couples who adopted healthy infants through the system.nbsp; There are a lot of babies who aren't so healthy that need homes, i.e. drug exposure and no prenatal care.nbsp; We were in a program to adopt the winter we got pregnant with N.nbsp; It took 1.5 years and cost us 50,000 out of pocket before we conceived N and we had run out of money and hope.nbsp; My sister bought me 2 vials for my birthday how funny is that? and I got pregnant so we put our plans to foster/adopt on the back burner until I was too old to carry.nbsp; I still can't believe I got pregnant so fast and cheap this time.nbsp; The plan is to allow each baby about 2 years to settle before introducing another.nbsp; Hopefully I can carry one more and then we will adopt. We want 4 or 5 kids, hopefully 2 adopted through the system.ETA:nbsp; The was supposed to quote to UFCasey. nbsp;
    Yes, I looked into that but the classes, the risk of the child being afflicted with drug/alcohol issues, and then the potential heart ache of the baby being taken back by the parents while you wait for their rights to be terminated I just don't think we are cut out for it. : Maybe that makes me selfish.

I don't think that makes you selfish. 

• We are at least waiting another year before thinking about ttc. My last pregnancy was horrible, I was sick the whole time and was an emotional wreck. The first year was rough on me as well, I very much dislike the young baby stage. The older ds gets the less and less I actually want another baby. Is there something called reverse baby fever? I enjoy him so much more now as a toddler. I also just got a promotion and couldn't imagine doing my job very well if another pregnancy was like my last. I puked every day multiple times even on medication and was nauseous and dizzy.

AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers

• Me! We are not TTC until at least the fall. Until then, pass me some more wine!
    AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
  • I am not! DH was snipped last month. We have our hands full with our 2 monkeys.
    photo IMG_3757_zps3e266e57.jpg Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker "Sometimes I am two people. Johnny is the nice one. Cash causes all the trouble. They fight." - Johnny Cash
  • Not KU or TTC. I definitely want more but we're moving into a larger house and getting a puppy. I want to be totally settled and I want the puppy to be trained before TTC. I've become very calm since having N and I think 2u2 would make me stressed out and crazy. I just want her to be a little bit older.

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • I got my iud put in last month and I was beyond excited. I was always on the fence about having kids and I'm pretty sure we are done now.
    Daisypath Happy Birthday tickers
  • I was due May 21st, but had to have a D and E at 14 weeks. This is the first month we are trying again. Pretty sure Iwill O this week, so hopefully I will rejoin the KOd club in 2 weeks.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

BabyFruit Ticker
  • imagemorsey2011:

imageUFCasey:

I don't thin that makes you selfish, at all.  It's certainly not for everyone.  I'm not sure we'll be able to do it.  We hope to, but who knows?

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers BabyFruit Ticker
  • The ute is closed for business until 2014 at the earliest. Even then, something major would have to change financially. We can barely afford the one we have now.
  • 2015 at the earliest.

90% sure we're having at least one more, but probably not for like four or five years.

• Not KU or TCC. We'll probably try in a year after DD turns 2. I would like them to be closer to 3 years apart in age.
    Visit The Nest!Image and video hosting by TinyPic

BFP #1 - 11/16/10 CP 12/1/10
    Our team green turned into team pink! Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
    BFP #2 17dpo - 47, 19dpo - 114 Chart
  • We are probably waiting until 2014 to TTC. We are building a house and will be moving in June. I would also like to be more established in my career and hopefully DH will get a promotion by then to make DC for 2 more feasible.
    Anniversary Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker BabyFruit Ticker
  • There are more of us than I thought! Team No Baby! 
  • We want one more. Depending on how Aidan is going to develop, though. We are not going to try before he is a year at the earliest. If his issues are not a lot better by then, even later.
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Done, done, done!! DH and I had a pretty serious discussion regarding a 3rd a few weeks ago. We've decided without a doubt that we are done. DH will get snipped I'm the future but right now I have the Mirena and we are content with our 2. They keep us more than busy. 
  • we may be one and done. if we have another it'll be after DD is in kindergarten full time so we can actually afford daycare. we're not even sure we want another. just having one is so nice!
  • One and Done here!
  • We are also in the "waiting until 2014" camp.  I want to have time to settle into my job more before I take a maternity leave.  I would like to have three kids, but I'll be 35 this year, so #2 will probably be our last.
  • imagejeannkerricotober09:
    imagemorsey2011:

imageUFCasey:

I don't thin that makes you selfish, at all.  It's certainly not for everyone.  I'm not sure we'll be able to do it.  We hope to, but who knows?

Sorry, I was on my phone earlier. But I meant to speak to the rest of what you wrote about your experiences. I can't imagine spending 50k and still no baby. The LGBT and fertility issues communities are always in my hearts. It's so unfair that some people can just have sex and get a baby with no issues for the baby or the mother while others have to go through so much just to have one child. Those two vials resulting in your pregnancy must have been the best birthday present ever!! I really do feel blessed that I have Rocco and it did not cost us any money nor took that long in order to get pregnant with him. I really want him to have a sibling to grow up with, but I don't think risking my own health and life is necessarily the right move. I wish there were other "easy" options available, but I can't be too upset because I do have Rocco.

Anyways, just wanted to say thanks for taking the time to respond. :)

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"