Babies: 3 - 6 Months

Stay at home moms- come in please

Hello: I currently work full time and I am desperate to be able to stay home with LO however we can't afford to live on just 1 income.  I was wondering if any of you are able to stay at home but still have some sort of income and what you do. Other than running an in home daycare (I am not sure I am cut out for that) 

TIA! 

Lilypie First Birthday tickers image

Re: Stay at home moms- come in please

• I teach a course at a local college.  I'm actually thinking of picking up more courses to supplement our income.  Maybe you could teach a night course somewhere?  Even if it's yoga at the local high school.  Our high school has night learning for a bunch of different subjects (word processing, zumba, learning to knit, help with money management).  Maybe you could look into that.  GL!

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
  • I'm not a SAHM and I am not sure what your background is, but when I was in graduate school, I supplemented my income by freelance writing.  

Also, could you look into part-time work? 

Or could you look into doing some other sort of career (with minimal training) that you could do from home like medical transcribing?

Could you also maybe just take care of one other child?  Not sure what the requirements are for that...

IF DX: DOR & Fragile X pre-mutation carrier
    2011: FSH 13.3 & E 99; AMH 0.54 2nd FSH 6.2 E 40's AFC: 8
    BFP from Clomid/IUI ~ Pre-e and IUGR during pregnancy ~ DS born 9/4/12
    Feb./March 2013: AMH less than 0.16 (undectable) and AFC = 4;
    BFP from supps ~ DS#2 due May 2014

May 2014 January Siggy Challenge:
  • Loading the player...
  • I stay at home during the day and when my husband comes home from work at 3:30 he watches the boys while I go to work for 2-3 hours.  I am a pediatric occupational therapist.
  • I tutor online through Tutor.com (you have to have a teaching degree though).  I love it because I can sign on whenever I want for however long I want and no need to sign up for hours ahead of time. I usually tutor after LO is down for the night.

Also I substitute teach twice a week since my husband's "weekend" is Monday & Tuesday. Some states you do not need to have a degree in teaching to substitute so it'd be worth looking into. Well I suppose only if you had someone to watch LO on those days. And you can totally tell the school district you're only available -pick two days, or whatever works- that way you're at least home with LO most days.

Good luck! I know what you mean about needing something of a 2nd income that's us too. Between the two jobs I usually make 600 a month take home. 

BabyFruit Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Bookkeepers and Accountants often times can work from home or have part time positions that pay pretty well. Usually it requires an Accounting or Business degree, but not always. GL!

[MC 11.20.11] [DS born 9.24.12] [DD born 10.15.14]

• I'm a realtor so I can SAH with my two DS's. It's great because it's mostly evening and weekends!

• Stay at home moms are not the same as moms who work from home.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Emily 8.8.08
    Madeline 1.2.11
    William 8.5.12
  • I used to sell Pampered Chef. I didn't do it full-time, but I know many people do. Same goes for 31, Mary Kay or any other direct sales. You could also tutor, give music lessons (if applicable) or do freelance writing or editing.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • My husband and I run an online distribution company that is nation wide.  Although it is in the category of direct sales or network marketing, there is personal touch to it and I personally work with moms (stay at home, working, married and single). I've been able to stay home with my 3.5 month old daughter so far and instead of going back to work, between our online business income and my starting my own event planning company I'll only be out of the house one day per week.  I'm currently expanding and looking for ladies who would like to make extra income from home. Feel free to contact me if you'd like more information.  Best wishes with your journey. 

n32381@yahoo.com 

• imageLittleApple:
    Stay at home moms are not the same as moms who work from home.

This. I currently SAH but I don't do any kind of work. My husband works full time and we cut corners where necessary to make it work on one income. If you can't afford it on one income, then you can't afford it. If you want to WAH that's a different story but keep in mind it won't be easy to WAH with a small child to watch all day long. 

• I went from being a full time graphic designer 50+ hours a week to a work at home mom working 20 hours a week as a web designer for a small company. I got the job with luck & I'm so thankful because I know it's tough to find a WAH situation. I have to say even the 20 hours is tough with my 5 mo old. I generally have to work when he's taking his random 1 hour naps and at night. But it's worth it with the cost of daycare!

I also have an Etsy shoppe where I sell pillows which helps. Can you do a craft? Etsy is a great way to supplement an income. 

• You said an inhome day care isn't up your alley but what about just one other kiddo?  I did that for two different stretches.  I accepted 8.25/hr but it amounted to $55 per day.  I just had the extra kiddo two days a week.  Once we buy a bigger house I will totally do that again.
    Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers
    Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"