3rd Trimester

menstrual like cramps without belly hardening?

Hi ladies,

Has anyone experienced this?

I'm thinking that I'll just see if they are regular...and rest a bit.

Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers Anniversary

Re: menstrual like cramps without belly hardening?

• Usually menstrual like cramps=contractions=labor.  Maybe call doctor?  Or drink water and lay down for an hour first to see if they go away?  But thats what labor felt like with my first.  Keep on eye on them and good luck!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Pregnancy Ticker
  • I've been having menstrual like cramps too, for the past week. Sometimes, they go to my lower back, but nothing regular. I also been feeling pressure in my pelvis and bottom too. I'm putting myself on bed rest and not getting up for anything except to use the restroom and eat cause my hubby will be out of town from tomorrow till Tuesday night. I really don't want to go into labor while he's gone.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • imagedanielledahling:

I have the exact same thing most of the time.  My midwife said they are definitely practice contractions but they're most likely so mild that I don't feel or experience the tightening. 

This is correct.  I wouldn't really worry about them unless they increase in intensity or start becoming timeable (which would probably also come with tightening).  Maybe just drink some water and rest and they'll probably go away.  Of course if your care provider has told you to call with something like this you should, but typically mild cramping is normal and nothing to worry about.  You might bring it up at your next appointment just so your provider can tell you specifically what to watch for/when to worry.

imagephoto 64bf363d-3af0-4dcc-b880-c06326daa418_zps78d8d389.jpg
    *My Blog*

photo 0cc607b9-4233-4842-8175-d093f8f92ca8_zps7cc00875.jpg
    10/50 Read

my read shelf:
    Stephanie's book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf)
  • I'm 394 experiencing menstrual cramping also since last evening when I passed the mucous plug. I've been experiencing the cramping and more spotting also. I think it's a good indication our bodies are getting ready for the ld! Practice practice ;
  • I have those too had them since about 30w. Dr said they're just BH and not to worry about it unless they increase in intensity and timing.
    6th cycle of meds/iui combos = BFP!! - EDD 1/21/13 <3
    Born via emergency c-section - 8lb, 19.75 in, 100% stubborn BFP Chart
    8 cycles of unmedicated trying = BFP!! - EDD 1/10/18  <3
    BabyFetus Ticker
    *Waiting for Baby Eags 2.0*;
  • Drink plenty of water and lay down. It could be BH or the baby could be moving!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • I've had them and they are normally one of two things. A practice contractions or BH or a sign that I need to have a BM. I would only be concerned if the cramps/contractions were accompanied by bleeding or spotting, then I'd call.
  • when i was pregnant i went into labor feeling cramp like pains. w/o belly hardening. they got worse after i was induced bc of being young but keep track of them and how constantly they are.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Thanks so much ladies. So far so goodnone for a while now. The rest really makes a difference.
    Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers Anniversary
  • I had that on Thurs/Fri along with lower back pain. I was sent to L&D andt hey were contractions, though they were mild and not doing anything. I'm not full term though, so I was given a shot to stop them. 
  • I've been feeling a little crampy as well, but they haven't increased to contractions or anything. Whenever they come around, I just rest it out and drink some water. If they don't go away, I like to walk around a little to get my body moving. By then, they tend to go away.
    image image
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"