Babies: 0 - 3 Months

Update: Poop problems

So, we have been doing everything in the book to help him do the deed. We have done the warm cotton ball, Q-tip w/vasoline, less formula/more water in his bottles, bicycle legs, and when all else fails and he continues to scream for hours we result to using glycerin. He has gone about every other day but we have had to help him the past 2 times with the glycerin. But, we dont want him to rely on us to use the glycerin to help him poop. 

I dont know what we need to do or what might be wrong that is causing this. I placed a call into the Children's Mercy Nurse line to see if they have any ideas..

Do any of you have this problem with your LO?? I just hate seeing him in pain and we are literally trying everything in the book. 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Ourfasttrackfamily.blogspot.com

Re: Update: Poop problems

• I missed the original post. How long is he going in between poops? The thermometer in the rectum always worked for DS1.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • imagekfrix13:
    I missed the original post. How long is he going in between poops? The thermometer in the rectum always worked for DS1.

almost 2 days at a time. He usually is a once a day pooper. We've tried the q-tip which is essentially the same as the thermometer and it doesnt help =/

• Loading the player...
  • My dr. said it's perfectly normal for them to go a couple of days without pooping. Is he very uncomfortable? If not, let it be and see how long it takes for him to poop. What did you pedi say about the length of time? DS is very regular and goes 2 days without sometimes.
  • Did u try karo syrup?
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker image image image
  • The allergist told us to put 1tsp of flaxseed oil in every bottle until things regulate. She swears it worked wonders for her kids. Fortunately DS got better with a formula change, but I have the flaxseed oil ready to go in case we have future problems.
    imageimage
  • When my daughter had the same issues her pedi had me give an once of prune juice mixed with two ounces water. Worked like a charm.
    Lilypie Kids Birthday tickersLilypie Third Birthday tickersImage and video hosting by TinyPic
  • imageNana_Osaki06:
    When my daughter had the same issues her pedi had me give an once of prune juice mixed with two ounces water. Worked like a charm.

He is in A LOT of pain. Havent tried any syrup or juice...was told not to unless doctor ordered. Im also scared to give him juice and then him like it to much not to eat his formula 

• We used dark Karo syrup per our pedi at a very early age. Worked like a charm. 
  • Have you tried gas drops like mylicon?

Also have you ruled out a milk or soy intolerance? 

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

BFP#1 on 02/14/09 BIRTH to Mason 6lb9oz on 10/12/09

BFP#2 on 5/28/11 EDD 2/1/12 Natural M/C on 6/13/11

BFP#3 on 1/20/12 EDD 9/30/12 Natural m/c on 1/27/12

BFP#4 on 4/23/12 BIRTH to Isabella 7lb1oz on 12/19/12

• With DD pur Pedi told to take our finger wrap in a wipe and gently press down on her bum hole to help relax it. It always helped move things along when she was straining to go.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Follow Me on Pinterest

Dx MTHFR (C677T & A1298C, Compound Heterozygous)

• imageilenegrace:

Have you tried gas drops like mylicon?

Also have you ruled out a milk or soy intolerance? 

We have used the gas drops and it doesnt seem to help. I'm going to get him into the doctor to see if it may be a milk intolerance. This has been going on for a while so it has to be something going on. 

• My LO used to go every two days. Her doctor said that was perfectly fine. She now goes every other day. 
  • imagejbutterfly82:
    My LO used to go every two days. Her doctor said that was perfectly fine. She now goes every other day.nbsp;

I would be fine with him not going everyday but he is in a ton of pain. Cries and cries and strains himself trying to go and nothing happens.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"