Stay at Home Moms

bday party fail

My 2 year old birthday party is today and I usually just invited my sister with her two kids and DH brother with his 3 kids and my mom and DH mom. Well my sister and brother in law have both cancelled. I feel sad for my two year old because I told him after his nap all his cousins would be here...and in 30 min I will wake him up and have to tell him no cousins are here....still hopefully he will have fun with his grandmas but it still sucks there won't be any kids to play with except his brother...

I'm pretty pissed, my brother in law wife actually cancelled because he is still sleeping. Its pass noon and he is still asleep?! Wake him up!!

Re: bday party fail

• That's kinda lame. I'm sure your LO will have fun anyway.
    Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers
    Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

• imagevanessaNOV2:
    I'm pretty pissed, my brother in law wife actually cancelled because he is still sleeping. Its pass noon and he is still asleep?! Wake him up!!

Maybe the kid is sick and that is why he is sleeping though.
    Maybe they were all up too late and her kid will be grouchy and ruin the party.

ETA:  I'm sorry I also meant to say, I'm sorry.  It's a good thing he is only 2 and will probably be easily distracted my Grandma, gifts and cake.  Hope you can make the most of your day.

• Loading the player...
  • imagevanessaNOV2:
    My 2 year old birthday party is today and I usually just invited my sister with her two kids and DH brother with his 3 kids and my mom and DH mom. Well my sister and brother in law have both cancelled. I feel sad for my two year old because I told him after his nap all his cousins would be here...and in 30 min I will wake him up and have to tell him no cousins are here....still hopefully he will have fun with his grandmas but it still sucks there won't be any kids to play with except his brother... I'm pretty pissed, my brother in law wife actually cancelled because he is still sleeping. Its pass noon and he is still asleep?! Wake him up!!

Was the kid asleep since last night?  Was the kid taking a nap?  Mine usually napped in the afternoon....is that not common?

Adrian 7.6.07 - ADHD, Disruptive Behavior Disorder, Learning Disability-NOS
    Cam 6.6.10 - Autism, Global Developmental Delay, Mixed Receptive/Expressive Communication Disorder
  • I am sorry :( I hope you all had fun anyhow.  I know how you feel as I had almost the same thing happen when DS turned 2 - I was 2 weeks from my due date, had sent save the dates months in advance and invites a couple weeks out, talked to everyone, done a ton of decor and food and cleaning - and his grandma and one friend were the only ones that came. I still almost want to cry when I think about it.  Luckily, he was small enoug not to realize how many people cancelled or no showed day of.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • imageMrsBalletStar05:

imagevanessaNOV2:
    My 2 year old birthday party is today and I usually just invited my sister with her two kids and DH brother with his 3 kids and my mom and DH mom. Well my sister and brother in law have both cancelled. I feel sad for my two year old because I told him after his nap all his cousins would be here...and in 30 min I will wake him up and have to tell him no cousins are here....still hopefully he will have fun with his grandmas but it still sucks there won't be any kids to play with except his brother... I'm pretty pissed, my brother in law wife actually cancelled because he is still sleeping. Its pass noon and he is still asleep?! Wake him up!!

Was the kid asleep since last night?  Was the kid taking a nap?  Mine usually napped in the afternoon....is that not common?

Or was the BIL sleeping? That is what I got from it.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • imagepastalady:
    imageMrsBalletStar05:

imagevanessaNOV2:

Or was the BIL sleeping? That is what I got from it.

Yeah, i thought it was the BIL too. If he's not sick or anything and he won't get up, I'd leave his ass at home and take the kids to the party!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"