Two Under 2

Rec you're diaper bag ETA JuJuBe BFF?

Right now I have a Vera one that I do like, but it's very heavy (even when it's empty) and it's huge so it's a bear to get into the bottom of the stroller, and the straps aren't long enough to go over the handles.

Come June I'll be packing for two, a 19 month old and then a newborn. I'd like something that isn't terribly bulky and some kind of stroller attachment would be awesome. Between that and the fact that I just want a new bag lol I'm taking recs.... 

and go!

ETA: I actually think I've decided on the Ju-Ju-Be BFF bag. Does anyone have it? Do you like it? Is it heavy by itself? Is it good sized? I looked at a you tube video where a mom went through everything she had in there and it blew my mind!

Anyone use the stroller straps? Are they worth the $25?

What about the Be Prepared one, it seems too be gigantic... and probably too big for my needs. (Grocery store, family gatherings, mall trips, zoo trips, etc. no real over night stays or anything)

Proud babywearing, breastfeeding, vaccinating SAHM of 2U2!
imageLilypie - (qCSN)Lilypie - (5rzN)imageDaisypath Anniversary tickers

Re: Rec you're diaper bag ETA JuJuBe BFF?

• I have the BFF and got it before ds2 came. I love that it holds diapers for two plus tons of other stuff. It's not heavy by itself. My favorite thing is it cleans so easily. Mine still looks brand new and I've used it for 2 years. Two weeks ago my middle used all over it and it cleaned right up. 
    BFP 12/23/07, M/C 1/25/08 Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • I had the BFF for like a week. I luckily bought it used so I wasn't out much. I hated it. I couldn't deal with it being on my back because I couldn't just reach in for anything. It just really didn't work for me, and I was so disappointed because so many people on TB love it. 

The tote style bag worked best for me. I ended up using the JJ Cole Mode Tote bag that I had gotten months earlier. It's the only bag I've consistently loved as a diaper bag.  

• Loading the player...
  • imagekagl08:

I had the BFF for like a week. I luckily bought it used so I wasn't out much. I hated it. I couldn't deal with it being on my back because I couldn't just reach in for anything. It just really didn't work for me, and I was so disappointed because so many people on TB love it. 

The tote style bag worked best for me. I ended up using the JJ Cole Mode Tote bag that I had gotten months earlier. It's the only bag I've consistently loved as a diaper bag.  

Yeah, I plan to rarely use it as a backpack. I'll mainly use the carrying handle or the shoulder strap and majority of the time that it is out of the house it will be either attached to the stroller or in a shopping cart. 

What are your reasons for loving the JJ Cole one? 

• imageclizh:
    imagekagl08:

I had the BFF for like a week. I luckily bought it used so I wasn't out much. I hated it. I couldn't deal with it being on my back because I couldn't just reach in for anything. It just really didn't work for me, and I was so disappointed because so many people on TB love it. 

Yeah, I plan to rarely use it as a backpack. I'll mainly use the carrying handle or the shoulder strap and majority of the time that it is out of the house it will be either attached to the stroller or in a shopping cart. 

Even not used as a backpack I didn't like it. I hated that it was zippered and I hate to unzipper it each time I needed to get inside for something. If I left it unzipped stuff would fall out. The logistics just didn't work for me. 

The reasons I loved the JJ Cole one were it was easy to clean, it was very deep and fit lots of stuff, it had the stroller straps, the changing pad was really awesome, and it was a tote style bag, so it was easily accessible but it also had a zipper in case I wanted to close it. I haven't found a bag comparable in size that was was so inexpensive (I got it on Babysteals for $29) and still lightweight. Oh and it stands up on its own and doesn't fall over like a lot of tote bags do when you put them down.  

• imagekagl08:
    imageclizh:
    imagekagl08:

Even not used as a backpack I didn't like it. I hated that it was zippered and I hate to unzipper it each time I needed to get inside for something. If I left it unzipped stuff would fall out. The logistics just didn't work for me. 

The reasons I loved the JJ Cole one were it was easy to clean, it was very deep and fit lots of stuff, it had the stroller straps, the changing pad was really awesome, and it was a tote style bag, so it was easily accessible but it also had a zipper in case I wanted to close it. I haven't found a bag comparable in size that was was so inexpensive (I got it on Babysteals for $29) and still lightweight. Oh and it stands up on its own and doesn't fall over like a lot of tote bags do when you put them down.  

I'm used to the zipper because my VB one is zippered but it is tote style so I don't have to have it zipped. The only thing that doesn't appeal to me that much is how incredibly wide the BFF does open.. it looks like stuff would fall out. 

I'll have to check that one out! Thanks! 

• I personally love all things Ju Ju Be with minor exceptions here and there. For one baby or if you are a good packer and don't CD, the BFF is awesome!

I'm about to have 2u2 and we CD so I really felt the need to get the Be Prepared. It is huge! I completely love it, but I would never have it as my only diaper bag. I primarily go on day outings, like the zoo and Sea World, and it's perfect for me.

One thing about the stroller straps is you need to take into account the diaper bag weight (fully packed) and the kind of stroller you're using. You don't want the diaper bag to be able to flip the stroller backwards. Also, some diaper bags have strap(s) that fit just fine over the stroller handle so additional stroller straps may or may not be needed.

If you decide on a Ju Ju Be, there is a Facebook b/s/t group where you can get a better deal. 

• I have it, and really like it.  I am finding it to be a bit small when I take all 3 kids out for a while (it is the snacks, cups, and the million other little things the 2 and 3 yo make me carry), but for 2 in diapers, it is great!  I only use the shoulder strap, and often wear it as a messenger style so that the bag doesn't fall off my shoulder and hit someone!  I have never used the backpack straps, nor have I gotten the stroller straps.  It fits just fine under my Bumbleride Indie twin.  I got mine on Amazon - the brown and blue one, and it was much cheaper than all the other colors (it is now $108, compared to $165).
    TTC#1 = Success on Cycle#19 with Clomid/trigger/b2b IUIs; beta#1 (15dpiui) 200, #2 (18dpiui) 433, #3 (22dpiui) 2356; TTC#2 = Surprise BFP 9/2009; TTC#3 = m/c at 6 wks, 10/29/11; BFP#2 4/1/2012... Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I have the Be Prepared and am considering the BFF for my smaller bag.  What I've realized is that you need to figure out what you like in a bag.  I have a Columbia bag now and what I hate about it most is that it's tall and deep so things go in the main pocket and I lose or forget about them.  That's part of the reason I like the BFF so much... its wider and shorter so I think for me, it will be easier to locate all my stuff. I also see what Kagl is saying though... I'm not sure I want a bag that I have to unzipper all the time to get in and out of (although my Columbia one will zip if I want it to, it doesn't have to).  On the other hand, we went on a day trip recently and I took the Be Prepared and had it unzipped all day and nothing was falling out.  The sides were zipped and the top was unzipped and it was great.  It seems like the BFF would be similar.  

Also check out Gitta bags.  I like them a lot too.  Skip Hop Duo double might be another option as well.   

image   image
    We were 2 under 2, now 3 under 3!
    Team Green turned Team Pink with #1, Team Green turned Team Blue with #2, Team Green turned Team Pink again with #3
  • We have the Skip hop bento an I have liked it.  It is a really nice size for us.  It is a bit small if I want to cloth diaper both but I can fit a few in for short trips.  It has a zipper on the bottom for a Bento kit which I find useless.  It would probably be great for most people those since most people are great at bringing snacks for their kids.  I am not so great so it's generally empty.  If it were in the budget, I would totally get a jujube though.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I originally had a skip hop messenger bag that I hated.  Things would always fall out of it and it was hard to stuff full, because it didn't have a zipper.  For mother's day I bought myself a BFF and I love it.  I don't have two yet, but I would be surprised if I ran out of space.  I also usually wear it messenger style and not as a back pack. I do have the clips for the stroller as well.  I bought it at buy buy baby and used a 20% coupon.

My two boys are getting a surprise May 2015!

BabyFruit Ticker

• Thanks for posting this thread.. I am looking for a bigger bag for 2U2 and I am really liking the JuJuBe BFF.. I just need to find a site with a good price!

BFP 5/21/10, Missed m/c 7/5/10 at 11w3d (baby measured 7wks), D&C 7/7/10

Aug/Sept 2010 - CD3&10 b/w & u/s, genetic testing, SA, HSG, & Lap/Hyst to remove septum

12/09/10 BFP -- 7/05/11 DS born at 33w5d. Came home after 23d in NICU at 37w0d

June 2012 - TTC #2! -- 10/05/12 BFP --  5/23/13 DS2 born at 37w1d! Yay full term!

Surprise BFP 6/25/14 LO#3 due Feb2015!

imageimage
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"