March 2013 Moms

diapers

My mom keeps asking me what brand of diapers I would like. She said that when my brother was born one brand was better than the others, then when I was a born a different one and finally when my sister was born a different brand was better. So I guess my question is  - are there any brands that are better than the others or is it just whatever works best for baby?

TIA

BabyFruit TickerBaby Birthday Ticker TickerAnniversary

Re: diapers

• FTM here...but my SIL swears by Pampers Swaddlers Sensitive diapers. 
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Pampers and Huggies are the top brands. I like pampers swaddlers and cruisers, huggies snugglers and movers. I just get whatever is on sale but only these 2. For newborns I use the swaddlers hands down.
  • Loading the player...
  • Every mom I know has said not to stock up on one brand...different brands work/fit better for different babies, so you really have no way of knowing what will work for your LO until he/she is here.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

BabyFruit Ticker

• I'm another that swears by pampers swaddlers. We were given a lot of random brands and that was definitely my favorite. I don't mind huggies for the young babies but hate them when they get more mobile.

I only buy pampers cruisers now.

• Totally varies. What we did was get a few small packs of different kinds in the beginning. We hated Huggies & Luvs, but liked Pampers and stuck with those. But my aunt loves Luvs, so it totally depends. I just wouldn't buy any huge packs until you know which ones work for you.
  • kegkeg member
    It does depend some of the baby, but it also seems like they change the diapers pretty frequently.  When DDs were little, I really liked Pampers Swaddlers.  Then there was some thing about them changing to Baby Dry or something like that and people said they had more issues with rashes and such.  Before that though, I had switched to Target/Up and Up diapers and really liked them.  However, I think I've heard that they aren't as good as they used to be either.  Also, some brands apparently fit some babies better than others, so there is some trial and error involved.  However, I plan to try out the Target diapers early on since they turned out to be my favorites last time around.
    2004-Started TTC; Nov 2007-Lap with endo removed; Jan 2008-Ectopic (mtx); April 2008-IVF #1 (bfp, twin girls); March 2011-FET (cp); June 2012-IVF #2 (bfp, singleton, EDD 3-19-12)

***Twin fraternal girls born at 35w6d in 12/2008***

• pampers and luvs are under the same parent company.

with DD I tried everything and believe it or not her skin agrees with Berkley and Jensen's store brand diapers the best. 

• I found with my son that Pampers worked the best and did not leak. Huggies leaked from the top, Luvs leaked everywhere, the WalMart brand got weird and hard when they got wet, and the list goes on. I think it is different for every child so for with this one I'm going to try them all again.
  • We've used lots of different kinds. Pampers for size 1's then switched to Huggies for 2 (he leaked out of pampers 2's) and now we go back and forth between pampers, huggies, luvs and cvs (whatevers cheapter)

My little man at 0-1-2
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Follow Me on Pinterest Pin me baby!
    BabyFruit Ticker http://mamasaywhat.com/

• It depends on baby. But we tried Luvs, Huggies, other cheap brands and Pampers.. And Pampers Swaddlers has been by far the best. We've stuck with them, and I'm hoping they will work for this baby also!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Pregnancy Ticker
  • It really does depend on the baby. I wouldn't stock up. Pampers leak for us and Huggies have been great.

• We have had the best luck with pampers swaddlers and cruisers.  But have found that the pampers baby dry seems to leak.
  • Thanks everyone :
    BabyFruit TickerBaby Birthday Ticker TickerAnniversary

• For disposables, I keep hearing great things about Pampers Swaddlers.

Have you thought about using cloth?  We bought a bunch of BumGenius and FuzziBunz diapers.  The colors are so fun!

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • For skinny legged babies, I like seventh generation. I like Huggies pure and natural when they start to chunk up.

My favorite cloth are sized Fuzzibunz and OS bum genius pockets.
    imagePregnancy Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • The only brand I haven't had any issues with is Pampers I have tried other brands and have always had bad experiences. Being this is number 4 you can say I have had a lot of experience with diapers lol.. I will be sticking with pampers again. 
  • I hate luvs they would break open.. And I hate Walmart brand. I have had zero problems.with other brands. We mist often purchase target brand and Sam's club brand.

DS1 -6/25/11

DS2 -3/23/13

Missed MC D&C 8/26/14

DD - 8/26/15

LO#4 due 5/30/17

• For the first 6 months we used Pampers swaddlers and loved them...after that we used whatever was cheapest and had no issues with any of them. 
  • We liked the swaddlers for the first few months since they are so soft.  As our son got older we eventually switched to the generic BJ's brand and really like them.  The only ones I recall hating were Luvs.  We are currently stockpiling size 1 and 2 of the swaddlers as we get coupons.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"