High-Risk Pregnancy

Need prayers, 22w 3cm dilated with protruding membranes

Hi I need a lot of prayers! Went to my routine cervix length check at 22 weeks found I was shortened at 2 with 3cm dilated with buldging membranes we r completely devistated! I am admitted to hospital bed rest with bed tilted. Anyone in this position or have been with positve outcomes!? They will check me again in 48 hours to see of membranes moved up . So far no contractions they r giving me IV fluids and that helped with the little contractions I did have! Peeing on this bed pan is no joke!
BabyFetus Ticker BabyFruit Ticker

Re: Need prayers, 22w 3cm dilated with protruding membranes

• You will be in my thoughts and prayers. I am on HBR as well with it tilted and my contractions have stopped. I agree about the bed pan.
    Erica and Joey- Married on January 24th 2010
    Marni Brooke was born on November 6th 2010
    Expecting Twin BOYS Elliott Jacob and Benjamin Samuel due May 5th 2013!
    On Hospital Bed Rest as of January 4th 2013. Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
    My Blog
    Follow Me on Pinterest
  • I was 18w4ds- 3cm dilated with waters bulging.. i was told to induce. I elected to get a cerclage- and it was successful. I am almost 28 weeks now. Bed rest ever since. I lost a DD at 20wks from exactly this. I was diagnosed with incompetent cervix.

I will be honest, the chances are not good. If they will give you a cerclage, there is a risk your waters will rupture during surgery. Sometimes, they will simply put you on hospital bed rest. If you can get the surgery, demand it ASAP as they will not do it if you are 4cm dilated or more. Invert your body if possible- at the least put your feet up...

It's beyond scary, I know. But sometimes, miracles do happen. If you want, feel free to message me... my thoughts and prayers are with you

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Loading the player...
  • when they flipped me to do the cerclage surgery, my waters went in by themselves.. the hospital beds do allow for the Trendelenburg position (feet above head). I have heard of positive outcomes where HBR was all they did...
  • Yes my bed is flipped so I'm hoping for success
  • I am so sorry. I really hope you can hold on for two weeks at least. Take it easy and listen to everything they say. I would also make sure you ask them to reduce the amount they check you internally to reduce infection. Good luck and I will be praying for you.
  • imagefallen_angel9:
    I was 18w4ds 3cm dilated with waters bulging.. i was told to induce. I elected to get a cerclage and it was successful. I am almost 28 weeks now. Bed rest ever since. I lost a DD at 20wks from exactly this. I was diagnosed with incompetent cervix.I will be honest, the chances are not good. If they will give you a cerclage, there is a risk your waters will rupture during surgery. Sometimes, they will simply put you on hospital bed rest. If you can get the surgery, demand it ASAP as they will not do it if you are 4cm dilated or more. Invert your body if possible at the least put your feet up... It's beyond scary, I know. But sometimes, miracles do happen. If you want, feel free to message me... my thoughts and prayers are with you

I would do this. Back when I had my son they werent doing rescue cerclages like they are today. I would demand a chance.
  • I can't have a cercague bc my membranes are protruding so we r hoping it goes back up so they can do one soon!
  • Well prayers your membranes make their way back in. It is good you are contracting. Good luck.
  • imagecaden1206:
    imagefallen_angel9:
    I was 18w4ds 3cm dilated with waters bulging.. i was told to induce. I elected to get a cerclage and it was successful. I am almost 28 weeks now. Bed rest ever since. I lost a DD at 20wks from exactly this. I was diagnosed with incompetent cervix.I will be honest, the chances are not good. If they will give you a cerclage, there is a risk your waters will rupture during surgery. Sometimes, they will simply put you on hospital bed rest. If you can get the surgery, demand it ASAP as they will not do it if you are 4cm dilated or more. Invert your body if possible at the least put your feet up... It's beyond scary, I know. But sometimes, miracles do happen. If you want, feel free to message me... my thoughts and prayers are with you
    I would do this. Back when I had my son they werent doing rescue cerclages like they are today. I would demand a chance.

I refused to be induced unless we tried the surgery and it failed. Had I not done that, I would be burying my second baby in less than 2 years.

imageJenrn2203:
    I can't have a cercague bc my membranes are protruding so we r hoping it goes back up so they can do one soon!

so were mine.. they only went back in when they flipped me upside down for the surgery. Follow your instincts. They can and will do a cerclage with bulging membranes- just not if they have ruptured, are leaking, or are infected

edited to add: they use a catheter to slowly push them back in you. It is high risk- they often pop.. it's a tough choice, because once you've ruptured that's it.. if you can make it the few weeks you need they won't give you a cerclage, but your waters haven't ruptured. Only you and your SO can make that choice

• I understand; it's a hard choice I'm praying I can make it atleast a week or so or more before anything happens I def want To make it to 24 weeks. My bed its way tilted so I'm hoping for the best!
  • honestly, I think you're making the right choice. I've heard of women dilated with waters bulging making it many weeks. Although a cerclage could help exponentially, there is such a high risk of your waters rupturing during the surgery. Have faith. Have hope.

I'm a perfect example that sometimes, even when things look hopeless, a miracle can happen

• I'm so sorry this is happening to you. I know our situations are very different because of the difference in gestational ages but thought I would share my experience in case it brought you some hope. At 29 weeks, also at a cervix check, I was found to be 3 cm dilated, 80% effaced and membranes bulging. I was hospitalized and told I should expect to deliver in the next few days. I went on to dilate to 5 cm soon after but haven't progressed any further since and am nearly 35 weeks along now. I hope you have the same good fortune. You're in my thoughts.  
  • I hope you can keep your LO in a little longer!! Babies born that early have a long, hard road ahead of them, but if it gives you hope, an acquaintance from high school had the same thing happen to her when pregnant with twin girls last year. She had to deliver at 23w2d in Nov 2011. Both girls are alive and healthy and went home after about 6 months in the NICU, although they're still on O2 and one has a feeding tube. I wish you the best of luck!!

BFP1: DD1 born April 2011 at 34w1d via unplanned c/s due to HELLP, DVT 1 week PP
    BFP2: 3/18/12, blighted ovum, natural m/c @ 7w4d
    BFP3: DD2 born Feb 2013 at 38w4d via unplanned RCS due to uterine dehiscence

• I'm sending major T&Ps. My friend had the same situation at 24 weeks and delivered her son at 25 weeks. He spent 90 days in the NICU but is now a healthy, happy toddler. Good luck to you and your LO!
  • I'm sending you a ton of prayers.

I was in your exact situation and was given no choice but to terminate due to infection.

Keep those babies cooking!!!

• Oh hon, I am so sorry to hear this. I was in this situation Dec. '09 with my first son. We found my shortened/dilated cervix & bulging membranes at 23w and I made it to just short of 25w. My water broke and DS's feet were coming through the vaginal canal at 24w5d so I had an emergency c then. I didn't get a cerclage either due to the bulging membranes. Today DS is 3 years old and completely healthy and happy. There IS hope. Trendelenberg is really tough, but you can do this. The bed pan was really hard for me too. Maybe ask for a catheter so you don't have to get on the bedpan so often? Also just FYI... you may know this but I was so ticked that no one told me... I felt like I really, really had to have a bowel movement the day my water broke. I was trying to go on the bedpan when my water broke. Later on I found out I likely didn't have to go at all (hadn't even been eating solid foods) but that the feeling was actually contractions. I had a lot of guilt about "pushing" and probably breaking my own water, etc, but eventually my MFM told me that my water would have broken soon regardless. Anyway, just know it may not be a BM if you feel that urge.

Lots of thoughts and prayers to you. Feel free to email me if you want to talk more. rebuhjean at yahoo dot com 

Image and video hosting by TinyPic Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Thinking of you and sending lots of positive thoughts your way!

DS1: Quinn - 10.22.10 and DS2: Cole - 01.18.13

• Hi Jen, I am really hoping you hang in there and all goes well and that your membranes do go back in. OMG, as i was reading you post, I was immediately brought back to my situation from a couple of weeks ago. I started noticing that I was wetting my underwear for like three days, Me being an NICU nurse I knew something was up, so i went in to see my doc and as soon as he checked me he told me that I was 1cm dilated and that my membranes were bulging. we rushed to the hospital and i was placed trendelenburg for what seemed like forever, it was for three days. I was admitted on a friday, dec 21. and the doctor just said to pray and hope that I dont rupture or get any contractions. on sat at 0603 I ruptured and my heart just sank. My husband and I were devastated and just prayed to god that my baby would not come esp since I was only like 20 weeks and 4 days. The doctor said that maybe I had a high leak and i really hadnt ruptured and if possible we would attempt a cerclage if the amniotic fluid level was normal and i was not contracting, or dilating or showing s/s of infection. Strict bedrest with a foley and a clear liquid diet sucked. On monday morning, the reassed me and i was fine, AFI level was normal and I was able to have the cerclage placed and thank god everything went well. I was sent home on xmas day and have been on moderate bedrest since. I still occasionally get wet spots but baby and I are doing well thus far. we are now 24 weeks and 6 days. So just stay positive and pray that all is going to be well, try your very hardest not to stress out about it cause baby is affected. I know it is very hard, trust me. if you need to vent or just want to chat, msg me cause im still stuck on my bedrest.. hopes and prayers heading your way...... 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"