December 2012 Moms

What to wear?

What do you wear if you're home with baby all day? Do you get dressed or stay in PJs?

I'm 2.5 weeks postpartum, ebf most days at a loss on what to wear. Baby and I are mostly housebound with the frequent feedings, I'm half stripping almost hourly...so I'm really tempted to just stay in a bathrobe all day. But it seems a bit weird surreal like the day never fully begins, esp. combined with the constant exhaustion if I don't actually get dressed . Also... Hardly any of my clothes maternity or prepreg. really fit properly at this point. :/ So does the Internet approve if I just stay in PJs while on maternity leave, unless I leave the house?

Re: What to wear?

• I don't leave the house except for doctors appts.  With BFing and being up all night, I'm all for comfort.  I wear nursing tanks or pjs with pj pants.  
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • nursing tanks, bath robe and nursing sleep bra, yoga pants.. all comfortable stuff unless im going to an appt. 

I agree that it feels like you're stripping all the time if EBF so easy access is best.

However, I did order some tops off of motherhood for nursing for when I will be going out more and get sick of what im wearing now. 

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Loading the player...
  • I think PJ's are absolutely fine! I have a few pairs of black lounge pants I've been rotating through and then a bunch of cami's and hoodies. I've tried to stay away from my printed/flannel PJ pants, just to give some semblance of "normal" but I certainly don't hang out around the house in something with a underwire and/or waistband!

I have made a point to shower (almost) daily and do my hair a bit (blow dry instead of just throwing up when wet) to make me feel a bit more put together. I also wear a bit of light make up most days because I think I'd start to feel really sloppy and bad about myself if I was too scrubby too many days in a row.

Also, if my DH and I are going to go out to breakfast or whatever, I've made sure to try and look a bit more presentable (jeans and a tank/sweater with a cute necklace), just so he knows that I'm still his wife, not just a mom :) 

Anniversary g

BabyFruit Ticker
  • I stay in my pjs all day.  If I have some place to go I get dressed.  I do shower every day but I put my pjs back on when I'm done.  If I have visitors coming I will put regular comfy clothes on.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Am showering every other day, but am changing about 3 times in any 24 hour period, but thst is due to boob leakage and have always hated being in clothes with wet spots. I say wear what is comfortable and works for you at this stage.

I tend to switch from wet clothing, to the pjs or comfy clothing that has beeen drying out since I had worn it 8 hours earlier. Cuts down on laundry a bit and will end up with fewer milk stained tops once this phase of life normalizes.

Am cycling through some big comfy 10 Target shirts, nursing tanks, real pjs, cheap nonnursing tanks, warmer long sleeved nursing tops, and a few of my larger prematernity sweaters. Which top is worn depends upon if it is just me and DH, or if there will be a visitor or trip out of the house.

Pants tend to be sweats, pj bottoms, or yoga pants. Found that the horizontal seam on most of my maternity pants is at the same spot as the area of belly skin that is easily irrritated postcsection.
    Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • i wear my PJS alll day..

Or PJ pants and nursing bra with my robe.  Like you said your stripping your top off half the day..  Whats the  point in getting dressed unless  your going out?

• I wear yoga pants and a tank. It's still comfy and nursing friendly, but it makes me feel a little more put together than if I stayed in my pj's.

Lilypie First Birthday tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

• imageMrsBigTime:

I think PJ's are absolutely fine! I have a few pairs of black lounge pants I've been rotating through and then a bunch of cami's and hoodies. I've tried to stay away from my printed/flannel PJ pants, just to give some semblance of "normal" but I certainly don't hang out around the house in something with a underwire and/or waistband!

I have made a point to shower (almost) daily and do my hair a bit (blow dry instead of just throwing up when wet) to make me feel a bit more put together. I also wear a bit of light make up most days because I think I'd start to feel really sloppy and bad about myself if I was too scrubby too many days in a row.

Also, if my DH and I are going to go out to breakfast or whatever, I've made sure to try and look a bit more presentable (jeans and a tank/sweater with a cute necklace), just so he knows that I'm still his wife, not just a mom :) 

This!  

image image image
  • I'm clearly not in the majority, but at 2.5 weeks postpartum, I was wearing jeans and tanks with a sweater thrown over the tank.

However, I'm one of those people that can't stay in pjs/sweats or else the day doesn't feel like it ever started.
  • Most of the time I wear yoga pants and a t-shirt or tank top. If I plan on going out of the house then I usually put jeans on and a nicer shirt.
    imageimage
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Anniversary
  • Sweats and a nursing tank, unless we are going out in public.
  • Sweats and a sweatshirt with a zipper down the front. I've found it so convenient to zip open my top to nurse instead of lifting a shirt up. And I still go out in sweatpants and long tunics. I had to order all new jeans online since my pre-preggers jeans are all 2 sizes too small :(
  • Just upgraded from PJ's to sweats at 2.5 pp today! Which is good because I had a surprise visitor today. Mostly I wear nursing tanks, during the day with a robe and comfy pants and at night with a flannel PJ set with the top unbuttoned. It's too cold to have my belly exposed when nursing, even at night and I still have bad night sweats. I don't wear normal clothes unless I'm going to a dr appt, and most of mine don't fit because I am still carrying an extra 20 lbs. Still in my maternity jeans for now, can't wait to start working out!
  • I never get dressed unless I'm leaving the house. Seems silly to create more laundry for myself.
    Jayme
    Boy 16, Boy 15, Boy 13, Girl 10, Girl 8 & Twin Boys 3, and Bacon!
    Twin A is in REMISSION!
    23 week loss, 24 week loss, 3 early miscarriages & a 25 weeker who lived only 9 weeks.
    Lilypie Premature Baby tickers
  • Yoga pants/comfy pajama pants from Walmart or Target, and tank tops/nursing tanks/big T-shirts. If I DO get dressed, it's jeans and a nursing top or maternity top. I am slowly starting to wear my pre-pregnancy shirts, but I don't like feeling uncomfortable, so I'm easing in to it. 

At 2.5 weeks PP, you just be as comfy as possible! You'll eventually feel like getting "ready" so to speak at some point in the next couple of weeks, I'd bet.  

EDD#1 12/5/12 Born 11/21/12 My LB is better than your LB.BrittanyDoesDerby 4 LYFE!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    EDD#2 2.20.16 I love you already! <3

BabyFruit Ticker
    FEB16 Siggy Challenge Fave TV mom
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"