Babies: 9 - 12 Months

Q for 2+ Mums who BF (or anyone who knows if return of first pp period can vary)

If you had a similar BF relationship with both/all/some of your babies...was there a similarity as to when you got your first pp period?

I've EBF both my girls. I BF DD1 until she was around 18mths, and DD2 is still going strong.

I got my period back when DD1 was around 8mths. DD2 is now 11mths and still no sign of my period.

I have some thyroid issues that have developed since I had DD2. Also I think DD2 nurses a little more than DD1 did (but that's not a very scientific theory). So I'm starting to wonder if it could be my thyroid delaying my period, or DD2 nursing more, or if in fact the return of your period can vary after each baby. 

What has your experience been? 

Elizabeth 5yrs old Jane 3yrs old

Re: Q for 2+ Mums who BF (or anyone who knows if return of first pp period can vary)

• I think you're lucky!

Mine came back at 6 months the first time and 5 months the second.  Both babies were nursing all.the.time and it didn't help.  Boo for me.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • first pp period with my older boy was at about 9 months.

baby is 12 months and i have not seen a period yet. 

• Loading the player...
  • I nursed DD until she was 19 months. I got my period back when she was 9m old. 

DS nurses way less than DD did at this age. I was still BFing her 5x/day at this point and DS only nurses 2x. Still waiting for AF here.

S- March 09 E- Feb 12 L- May 15

• I've EBF both. With my son I got it back right before he turned 5 months. With my daughter I got it back just a few days ago. It was only one day of brown spotting, but I'm assuming that's what it was. She is almost 11 months... So big difference between the two.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"