Toddlers: 12 - 24 Months

Where do you buy shoes?

We need to get more shoes for DD and, call me cheap, but I dont wanna pay > $25 for a pair of her shoes. She will only wear them for a month or so anyway before she grows out of them.
Bria - Born 7/20/2011 - 2 yrs old

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

Re: Where do you buy shoes?

• Try www.6pm.com  They have stride rite and a lot of others for discounted prices.  I've bought myself a pair of NBs that were regular price $135 for $50...they were just last season's style.
    AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers Anniversary
  • Do you have outlest stores close enough to check out? We have a Stride rite outlet about 45 minutes away and managed to get DD 2 pair of shoes for about 40 bucks. One was for the next size up. They also have a point system so eventually you get $$ off.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Loading the player...
  • I've bought most of DD's shoes on babysteals.

bfp#4 3/19/2014 edd 12/1/2014 please let this be the one!

beta @ 5w0d = 12,026! u/s 4/22/14 @ 8w1d it's twins!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• I think if she outgrows them in a month, you might be buying them too small.  Not what you asked... but we had to go to stride rite because DS has wide feet.  They did the fit and left him plenty of room to grow.  We got them in August or Sept and they still fit fine so I do feel like we got our $ worth. 

Also, I found shoes at Children's Place on sale for like $5-7 a few times.  Kohls has good deals, too.    

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Pregnancy Ticker
  • I just bought a pair this morning from Zulily for 6.99. They looked like off-brand sparkly pink TOMS.

I almost never spend more than $10-$15 for shoes for DD, but I do tend to buy stuff waaaaay in advance sizewise.
    Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
  • I have been very happy with some shoes we got from Zulily 

we just got some "jumping jacks" and I have always only bought pediped or stride rite and I would say these rank in comfort and quality. 

https://www.zappos.com/jumping-jacks-kids

on Zulilly they were about $20 a pair and I found some on amazon about that price.  

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Payless...  Walmart...  Target...
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • imageNetty_3:
    Try www.6pm.com  They have stride rite and a lot of others for discounted prices.  I've bought myself a pair of NBs that were regular price $135 for $50...they were just last season's style.

This is what I was gonna say. I buy all of DD's shoes from 6pm. 
    Munchkin born 11/22/11
    Pipsqueak born 6/9/14

• imageurbanflowerpot:
    I also check in spots like Marshall's/Ross/TJ :)

Yep... they are hit or miss but they can definitely be a HIT...

TTCAL Siggy Challenge: "He's my favorite.  His birthday is the same as mine almost"

image image

Missing my little one lost at 9 weeks on 2.24.13. brokenhearted but not broken... 

d&c 5/21/13... Still Healing, Still Standing... 

MMC discovered 10/2/2013, TWINS... d&c 10/7/2013.  I still miss you, little ones. 

Surgery December 2013 to remove a 10+cm fibroid... Open myomectomy. Benched for 3-9 months... 
    Will TTC summer Summer 2014 we hope!

Dear God, Since I couldn't hold my little one in my lap and tell him about you, could you hold him in your lap and tell him about me? 

PgAL and PAL always welcome...
  • Thanks to whoever shared the 6pm site. I'll be checking that out!

Up to this point, Jack wears whatever tennis shoes are available at Target or Walmart. about $10 a pair. I found a pair I really liked at Target over the summer so I bought them in 3 sizes. Lol. He grows too fast!

Count me among those who won't spend $25/pair. Plus, pedi said "Don't spend a lot of money. The Target cheapies will be fine. There's not a magic shoe that will help him do anything developmentally, and cheap shoes won't delay him."

That was all I needed to hear! 

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • imageLalaMama81:

We have been more than happy with our shoes from Target. DD2 wears the ministar boots (got them clearanced last year), robeez and soft soled shoes from old navy

Honestly, many of DD1's shoes come from Target and they've always been under $15/pair. They are fine. I really don't believe you need to buy stride rite or expensive shoes for kids. 

Get these.  They can wear them about 6 months (or more).  You can find knock-off robeez everywhere.  Zulily sells them all the time.  And they don't fall off every 5 minutes!

Anniversary

• Zulily, Rue La La, 6pm, Amazon shoe sales, Hautelook.

My kid only wears the expensive brands (Pedipeds and See Kai Run) and I've never spent over $25 for his shoes.

June '15 January Siggy Challenge.  Pinterest Fails

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • I'm cheap. I bought her cute tennis shoes from Payless. 7. I didn't start getting name brand til after my feet stopped growing, and she'll probably be the same, unless i come across a great deal
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickers Photobucket
  • Look for sales online at amazon, 6pm, zappos, baby steals, or in store at kohls/TJMax, etc. We buy name brand, mostly stride rite, and don't pay more than $25/pair. Sometimes less.

I notice the difference when I wear my cheap target shoes vs. my name brand shoes and would imagine LO's feet are the same.

imageimage
  • Go to kmart . I was there last week to buy my dd s a pair of boots. My goal was to spend 40.00 .instead i paid ten dollars per child and saved 20
  • We go to the Striderite Outlet a couple hours away.  We always buy 1/2 to 1 size bigger than she measures.  They are pretty much the only shoes we have tried that fit her feet well and she seems to walk well in also.

• We buy from Stride Rite mostly. Yes, they are pricey--but either my daughter is REALLY slow at her feet growing or something else, because they fit forever. We are going to have to replace her sneakers that we bought her in August. We do buy 1/2 size bigger though. But her sneakers got wore every day--and definitely had their money worth. For boots/sandals/dress shoes etc things that are seasonal and not worn as much we usually pick them up at Target. But shoes that will have daily use, we use Stride Rite.
    My daughter is my hero.
  • We've bought all ours at the consignment store, Once Upon a Child. Coincidentally they've all been Old Navy. $5/pair.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"