Baby Names

Favorite Mary _________ name (double name)?

Still not pregnantWink

If you like double names, which is your favorite?  I am looking for fresh ideas.

I like the traditional Mary Elizabeth and Mary Claire, but would it be weird if I "made up" a combo myself?  The one I keep coming back to is Mary Caroline.

Do you like Mary Caroline?  Have you ever heard of anyone with this name?

BFP 1- EDD 2/09/11 Missed MC DX @11 weeks D&C- 7/25/10 BFP 2- EDD 12/22/11 Natural MC @ 5w 2d BFP 3- EDD 1/25/12 DD Josephine born 1/16/12

Lilypie - (TUWi)

Re: Favorite Mary _________ name (double name)?

• My aunt is Mary Jean.

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • I was just going to post that the old lady (80s) next door is Mary Claire.  I didn't know that was traditional.

My mom doesn't go by her double name but she is Mary Theresa.  

Never known anyone with Mary Caroline.  It is okay though. 

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Loading the player...
  • As long as you're not thinking of Mary Doorknob, you could pretty much pair Mary with anything. 

I really like Mary Jane, but Mary Caroline is very pretty!!

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • I am so unoriginal...my honest favorite is Mary Kate.

It may be just me, but Mary Caroline is a bit of a tongue twister. The flow isn't the best.

Other suggestion that probably isn't your style: Mary Grace.

• Mary Katherine is my favorite.  I prefer Marie Claire to Mary Claire.
    BabyFruit Ticker
    DD #1 born 4/1/2012
    My Married Bio 

• image526SadieSadie:

As long as you're not thinking of Mary Doorknob, you could pretty much pair Mary with anything. 

I really like Mary Jane, but Mary Caroline is very pretty!!

Thanks!

BFP 1- EDD 2/09/11 Missed MC DX @11 weeks D&C- 7/25/10 BFP 2- EDD 12/22/11 Natural MC @ 5w 2d BFP 3- EDD 1/25/12 DD Josephine born 1/16/12

Lilypie - (TUWi)

• Mary Elizabeth is an all-time fave!
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker BabyFruit Ticker
  • I don't think there's anything wrong with putting your choice of name in the second spot! Mary Caroline is cute, but I think that if you're planning on using both names, it's a bit too long. Macie could be a cute nn for Mary Caroline, though!

Other favorite combos of mine:

Mary Charlotte

Mary Alice

Mary Joan

Mary Agnes

Mary Cecile

Mary Violet

Mary Leann

Mary Renee

Mary Christine

Mary Josephine

Anniversary
    Visit The Nest!Visit The Nest!
  • imageMoneypenny424:
    Mary Katherine is my favorite.  I prefer Marie Claire to Mary Claire.

I was worried about the magazine connection.  But yeah, Marie Claire looks prettier.

Lilypie - (TUWi)

• Mary Rose
    Married 6/18/11
    BFP #1 10/26/12 DS born 6/30/13
    BFP #2 10/30/13 MC 11/25/13
    BFP #3 1/18/14 DS #2 born 10/7/14
    AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    image   Image and video hosting by TinyPic

• imagemagpie1127:

I don't think there's anything wrong with putting your choice of name in the second spot! Mary Caroline is cute, but I think that if you're planning on using both names, it's a bit too long. Macie could be a cute nn for Mary Caroline, though!

Other favorite combos of mine:

Mary Charlotte

Mary Alice

Mary Joan

Mary Agnes

Mary Cecile

Mary Violet

Mary Leann

Mary Renee

Mary Christine

Mary Josephine

Adorable-- thanks for the suggestion!  

Lilypie - (TUWi)

• Mary Kate (Katherine) and Mary Elizabeth are my all-time faves (you know this!).

I do know of someone with the name Mary Wynn.  I think that's also nice name (Winnie might be a cute nn). 

I think Mary Caroline is a mouthful.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • imagePinkLillyLover:

I think Mary Caroline is a mouthful.

I agree

I also like Mary Kate but I am sure it is because I always heard her /liked her as a pre-teen.

My aunt was Mary Lou,  I really like the mix of girl/boy name but that it is still clearly a girl

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Kate is my fave second name for a double name.

I also am liking Mary Alice, Mary Frances, Mary Beth

• imagew+c3:

I am so unoriginal...my honest favorite is Mary Kate.

It may be just me, but Mary Caroline is a bit of a tongue twister. The flow isn't the best.

Agreed. I also like just plain Mary Ann.

• I'm not a huge fan of Caroline in general, but the flow of Mary Caroline is great.

I've got Mary Agnes and Mary Fiona on my list.

Married 9-4-04

***PM me for my IF history***

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickersLilypie Kids Birthday tickers
    Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers
  • mary katherine is my fave. i also know a mary margaret and a mary paige and a mary alice and a mary carole. i think you can really use anything with mary! 
    trying for #1 since May 2012... we're adopting! bringing home baby boy in january 2015!

photo tacos.gif
    Texas forever. 
  • I know a Mary Caroline and it works great!
  • Mary Margaret (future DD) and Mary Katherine/Catherine.

DH's grandmother was a Mary Fern, and that's kind of growing on me.

• I think Mary Caroline sounds fine. I also like pp's suggestion of Mary Agnes. Though it's maybe a little nun-ish. That's always my fear with double Mary names. 
  • We've been watching the first season of Once Upon a Time and I would have to say Mary Margaret  Smile
    January siggy challenge: winter weather fails

• I understand "made up" combos since I did the same with DD. My favorite Mary double names are Mary Elizabeth and Mary Kate. I also really like pairing a family name with Mary. DH and I considered Mary Crawford. I suggest Mary Faye and Mary Quinn.

• I still love Mary Jane. I know the weed connection, but honestly I think of pretty shoes and its just so girly sounding. 
    _______________________________________________________________________________________

Jacob & Audra - married since 05.28.11
    Emma Kate - born 10.16.03 @ 29 weeks, weighed 1lb 13oz and 13.5" long.
    Ozzy Joseph - born 11.01.13 @ 31 weeks, weighed 3lbs 7oz and 16" long.
    TTC #3
    _______________________________________________________________________________________

• My mother's legal name is Mary Annette. Don't do that to a child. She dropped the Mary when she was in her early 20s. I like Mary Frances, Mary Agnes, Mary Alice, and Mary Bernadette.

TTC #1 since 11/2012
    Me-31, H-27
    **Loss 1-Cycle 7(June 2013) at 5w6d-CP**Loss 2-Cycle 11(October 2013) at 5w4d-CP**
    **Loss 3-Cycle 14 (January-February 2014)-M/C dx 2/10, EP dx 2/24, MTX 2/25**
    Beta Hell--hCG finally down to 0 - 6/20/14
    SA normal. Genetic testing normal. Hormonal testing normal.
    HSG 6/30/14 - found blocked left tube and 2 'bubbles' on uterine wall.
    Hysteroscopy/Lap--8/4/14 - Tubes unblocked. Polyps removed from uterine wall. Septum removed.
     9/30/14--Off the bench! Unmedicated TI through December 2014
    BFP 12/14/14!!! Beta #1, 12/16: 990 Beta #2, 12/18: Over 2000! Beta #3, 12/22: over 8000!
     U/S #1, 12/23: gestational sac, possible heartbeat
    U/S #2, 12/30: HEARTBEAT! 128bpm, measuring right on at 7w EDD: 8/19/2015
    U/S #3, 1/9: BPM in the 180s, IT'S HAPPENING!!!
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • image526SadieSadie:

As long as you're not thinking of Mary Doorknob, you could pretty much pair Mary with anything. 

Mary Caroline is very pretty!!

This. You can always make up your own Mary combo! That's the point! All the Mary Blanks I know are Mary [Family maiden name]. Makes for memorable and meaningful names.  

• Mary Jane gets my vote but I am biased as it is the name of my first. :) We love it!
    Mary Jane {12} Kaden {10} Eliza {4} Due Sept. '14

CafeMom Tickers

Considering . . . Agatha, Beatrix, Clara, Daphne, Isadora, Josephine, Matilda, Philippa, Tabitha, Winifred . . .
  • My daughter is Mary Catherine (goes by Mary Kate) .  I like Mary Anne and Mary Jane too, but the other combos sound way too made-up.  

• My favorite is Mary Kate

I also love Mary paired with a family surname.

On our list is Mary Brooks and Mary Morgan 

• Just what ever you do please do not name your baby MaryElizabeth all one name and no middle name. My parents names me after both of my grandmothers. I hate it so I go By Beth. But I have also seen Mary Brynn and a Mary Anya which are different but still pretty and not to long also Mary Blythe or Mary Luna or Mary Ellen or even Mary sage just about anything
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"