November 2012 Moms

MI/ OH Bumpie Roll Call!!!!!!!...and Red

If you are from the great state of Michigan, or are less fortunate and live in Ohio (Wink I'm totally kidding. It's a MI thing!), check in here with your city and state, things you like to do, and places you like to go!

This will be a great way for us localize, meet up, share ideas and things, etc.!!

BTW, I'm really excited to see who lives by me :)

I am from Lake Orion, MI!! I am a huge reader, and I like being outdoors. I like going to the zoo, malls, local parks, etc. and I loooove going up north!

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Re: MI/ OH Bumpie Roll Call!!!!!!!...and Red

• AND RED!

Hihihi! Toledo, OH here.

Hmm, I try to read. At the moment I'm reading "Sh*tty Moms" it's pretty hilarious. That's the extent of my reading though. Mainly I spend my time with my family! We have a son, Parker, and two dogs. A German Shepherd and my little Pit Bull, who is the sweetest dog in the world. I looove shopping as well, you could definitely say I have an addiction :)

V|V TSP V|V
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • imagekatielynn01:

Hmm, I try to read. At the moment I'm reading "Sh*tty Moms" it's pretty hilarious.

Who wrote it? I like witty, funny authors! Barnes and Noble? 

• Loading the player...
  • imagerdmitten:
    Birminghamer here! Lived here my whole life and as much as I bish about it, I love living in MI.

We are 20 minutes apart :) And I, too, love MI!

• image143BabyCakes:

imagekatielynn01:

Hmm, I try to read. At the moment I'm reading "Sh*tty Moms" it's pretty hilarious.

Who wrote it? I like witty, funny authors! Barnes and Noble? 

There were a few authors I think, here's a link to amazon

https://www.amazon.com/dp/1419704591

I got it on my Kindle but I'm sure Barnes and Noble has it, I've heard about the book before.

This is my favorite kind of book!

V|V TSP V|V
  • imagerdmitten:
    Birminghamer here! Lived here my whole life and as much as I bish about it, I love living in MI. My fav things: Somerset, Franklin cider mill, Traverse City, Tallulah on a breezy summer night, the color during fall, the penguins at the zoo...and the funny phone calls and pics I get when the peacocks escape and hang out in my friend's yard. I also like cooking, baking, gardening, and nail polish. Oh, and for you Ohioans, my fav thing about OH is the turnpike...Starbucks, Cinnabon, and no potholes. That's driving done right. My least favorite thing? Cedar Point. Bleh.

......I'm sorry, what!?!?!?!?!

Who in their right mind doesn't like Cedar Point? I mean yes, it's super popular and busy on the weekends, and also full of some interesting people, but it's so fun! Hello, the Millenium? Talk about the best 2 minutes of your life.

And yeah. We have way better roads. I live super close to the border so we always joke about how when you enter MI your boobs start bouncing and everyone that was alseep is now awake.

BUT, you have Frankenmuth, and some kick as$ outlet malls. And the Palace.

And the Tigers. But then also you have the Lions, which despite my dad's intense cheering on and the incredible amount he's spent on Lions apparel, still suck.  
    V|V TSP V|V
  • DH and I moved to Clawson MI about 3 years ago. Grew up in Livonia. 

I also love to read and am a bit of a book nerd. I'm a librarian in a public library, but I'm not a cranky old lady and I don't have any cats. I like to do things outside, and will get back to running once winter is over.

DH and I were talking about possibly  going up north next weekend because he has Monday off for mlk day. His grandparents have a place on a lake and we've never been in winter.  He wants me to try ice fishing... sounds a little cold for my tastes, but we'll see. 

Pregnancy Ticker

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    photo 9c28f28c-5aae-4b20-8f02-ea27ec37f516_zpsdaed06b5.jpg
  • imagekatielynn01:
    imagerdmitten:
    Birminghamer here! Lived here my whole life and as much as I bish about it, I love living in MI. My fav things: Somerset, Franklin cider mill, Traverse City, Tallulah on a breezy summer night, the color during fall, the penguins at the zoo...and the funny phone calls and pics I get when the peacocks escape and hang out in my friend's yard. I also like cooking, baking, gardening, and nail polish. Oh, and for you Ohioans, my fav thing about OH is the turnpike...Starbucks, Cinnabon, and no potholes. That's driving done right. My least favorite thing? Cedar Point. Bleh.

Who in their right mind doesn't like Cedar Point? I mean yes, it's super popular and busy on the weekends, and also full of some interesting people, but it's so fun! Hello, the Millenium? Talk about the best 2 minutes of your life.

And yeah. We have way better roads. I live super close to the border so we always joke about how when you enter MI your boobs start bouncing and everyone that was alseep is now awake.

And the Tigers. But then also you have the Lions, which despite my dad's intense cheering on and the incredible amount he's spent on Lions apparel, still suck.  

The best two minutes of my life got me a kid. haha. Thank You Toledo!!!!!!! I'm here all night! 

• imagedanak4:
    DH and I moved to Clawson MI about 3 years ago. Grew up in Livonia. 

I also love to read and am a bit of a book nerd. I'm a librarian in a public library, but I'm not a cranky old lady and I don't have any cats. I like to do things outside, and will get back to running once winter is over.

DH and I were talking about possibly  going up north next weekend because he has Monday off for mlk day. His grandparents have a place on a lake and we've never been in winter.  He wants me to try ice fishing... sounds a little cold for my tastes, but we'll see. 

I like ice fishing. It's actually quite warm and cozy in the shanty if you do it right!

• imagekatielynn01:
    imagerdmitten:

My DH hates Cedar Point! I can never talk him in to going! 

Pregnancy Ticker

photo 9c28f28c-5aae-4b20-8f02-ea27ec37f516_zpsdaed06b5.jpg
  • imagerdmitten:
    imagekatielynn01:
    Who in their right mind doesn't like Cedar Point? I mean yes, it's super popular and busy on the weekends, and also full of some interesting people, but it's so fun! Hello, the Millenium? Talk about the bestnbsp;2 minutesnbsp;of your life. And yeah. We have way better roads. I live super close to the border so we always joke about how when you enter MI your boobs start bouncing and everyone that was alseep is now awake. BUT, you have Frankenmuth, and some kick as outlet malls. And the Palace. And thenbsp;Tigers.nbsp;But then also you have the Lions, whichnbsp;despite my dad's intense cheeringnbsp;on and the incredible amount he's spent on Lions apparel, still suck. nbsp;
      The Lions suckiness is endearing.

Kendrick's going home outfit was a Calvin Johnson jersey. I tune in every Sunday, b/c there is a sliver of hope in my heart that refuses to freeze with the rest of it :) lol

• Hello everyone, I'm late to the party and not as regular of a poster, but I live in Michigan =).  I live in Lansing, but I grew up in a small town south of Ann Arbor, and the Toledo Zoo was the zoo we frequented throughout my childhood.  I like "hiking" (leisurely strolling in the woods, parks, other pretty places), going to the zoo, watching too many TV shows/movies, reading, and pretty much every other non-sporting hobby there is.

kids with flags
  • imagekatielynn01:
    Toledo, OH here.

Toledo, OH for me too! Although I grew up in Oregon, OH until I got married.

DH, Tim, and I got married in August 2009, our first date was in August 2008, and we've had 3 kids in 3 years... Ethan will be 3 in April, Naomi will be 2 in September, and Olivia will be 1 in November.

When we got married, I became the stepmom of a pitbull/dalmation mix, Frank... named for Frank Sinatra due to his blue eyes, he'll be 7 on July 4, and we also adopted a cat, KittyCat, who I think is 4.
  • imagebrenlo42:

but I grew up in a small town south of Ann Arbor, and the Toledo Zoo was the zoo we frequented throughout my childhood. 

What small town if you don't mind me asking... my family is in Milan...

I live in Oxford... But we go all over the metro area... DH works in Farmington (we joke that he has an hour commute and I have a 5 second one as I work at home), we go to church in Troy, doctors are in Rochester... 

We love the zoos (Toledo and Detroit), Greenfield Village, malls (Somerset and Lakeside are our favorites)... going out to dinner... coffee shops... bookstores...

I love to read, craft (especially scrapbook and cross stitch), going to parks--either to play with my daycare kiddos or hike with my husband, and shop!

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • imageEAMommy:
    imagebrenlo42:

but I grew up in a small town south of Ann Arbor, and the Toledo Zoo was the zoo we frequented throughout my childhood. 

What small town if you don't mind me asking... my family is in Milan...

I live in Oxford... But we go all over the metro area... DH works in Farmington (we joke that he has an hour commute and I have a 5 second one as I work at home), we go to church in Troy, doctors are in Rochester... 

My mom grew up in Oxford! Go wildcats! I'm 5 minutes from you!!

• Hi ya'll! I am not a regular poster b/c my internet connection is the pits and mobile bumping is also the pits. I'm from a teeny hicktown south of Jackson. I can't believe how many of us are from MI! :)

DH and I have been together since high school, but only got married in 2010. Parker is our first human baby, but we've got two lab mixes that are our babies as well.

I enjoy scrapbooking, (even though I haven't done it for months! HA!) and crafting in general. I have a little glass etching/vinyl decal business on the side that I would LOVE to make a real income off of so I can truly be a SAHM/WFHM someday, without putting all the money making stress on the hubby. I have a college degree to teach elementary/early childhood education, but the economy has kept me from getting a REAL classroom for 6 years, so my certificate expired last June. I was a career substitute until Parker was born, and I wish I didn't have to go back. :/

Pregnancy TickerBaby Birthday Ticker TickerAnniversary
    Visit The Nest!
  • imagetbearsangel:

Hi ya'll! I am not a regular poster b/c my internet connection is the pits and mobile bumping is also the pits. I'm from a teeny hicktown south of Jackson. I can't believe how many of us are from MI! :)

Hey Tbear! I used to drive through Jackson all the time. My sis graduated from Spring Arbor Univ.

It seems we all enjoy scrapbooking of some sort. and the zoo. and reading. hmmm...

• This probably doesn't count, but I'm originally from Ohio :)   I grew up just south of the Akron/Canton area and all this talk about Cedar Point is making me feel a little homesick...

• image143BabyCakes:
    imagetbearsangel:

Hi ya'll! I am not a regular poster b/c my internet connection is the pits and mobile bumping is also the pits. I'm from a teeny hicktown south of Jackson. I can't believe how many of us are from MI! :)

Hey Tbear! I used to drive through Jackson all the time. My sis graduated from Spring Arbor Univ.

It seems we all enjoy scrapbooking of some sort. and the zoo. and reading. hmmm...

I also graduated from SAU. Walked in May '05 before student teaching. :)

Pregnancy TickerBaby Birthday Ticker TickerAnniversary
    Visit The Nest!
  • imagerdmitten:
    imagekatielynn01:
    Who in their right mind doesn't like Cedar Point? I mean yes, it's super popular and busy on the weekends, and also full of some interesting people, but it's so fun! Hello, the Millenium? Talk about the bestnbsp;2 minutesnbsp;of your life. And yeah. We have way better roads. I live super close to the border so we always joke about how when you enter MI your boobs start bouncing and everyone that was alseep is now awake. BUT, you have Frankenmuth, and some kick as outlet malls. And the Palace. And thenbsp;Tigers.nbsp;But then also you have the Lions, whichnbsp;despite my dad's intense cheeringnbsp;on and the incredible amount he's spent on Lions apparel, still suck. nbsp;
    Lines, crowds, carnival food, people that don't watch their kids, and the risk that someone else's puke hits you while on a rollercoaster? That is not my style. Though, I did hear that you can buy a pass for 2x the normal cost that allows you to skip the lines. I might consider that. The Lions suckiness is endearing.

Omg. I have never been hit by anyone else's puke. Nor has anyone else I know. And the lines really aren't that bad! I'm like the most impatient person ever, and usually when I go there I refuse to wait in a line longer than a half hour (which usually ends up being like 15 minutes) and I still get to ride everything in the park in maybe eight hours.

Although, the amount of rampant kids is pretty insane. Seriously, backpack leashes people. Tie those kids to a bench or something!

But really, Cedar point is the shiz. You must try again this year. Get the fast pass or whatever!
    V|V TSP V|V
  • I guess I'll check in here

I'm Canadian, I don't live in an igloo, although some days it feels like it lol. I watch way too much tv, and try to read when I can. When its warm enough in the winter I like to go snowshoeing, unfortunately this doesn't happen much, and in the summer I just like being outdoors.
    050 Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Plymouth/Canton area here. I'm grew up in Brighton and went to high school in A2. I'm so boring the only thing I can tell you we do is chill with my folks in the lovely city of Fowlerville, lollol. Seriously though, I do nothing, maybe frequent the Target in Canton.
    3 girls, ages 7, 3, and 1. Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Photobucket
  • I'm from Ohio, Dayton area. BGSU alum! My H is AD Air Force and we live in FL now. I miss Cedar Point! We don't have any amusement parks close by!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"