October 2011 Moms

Help the immigrant!

So, question:
Insect poison or venom? And generally, what is the difference? We use the same word for both, Gift.

And if there are other words I should know about?
Lilypie Second Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Re: Help the immigrant!

• insect poison is what you put down to kill them. Venom is what they release into you.
  • So generally, venom is in an animal and poison would be manmade?
  • Loading the player...
  • imageNita2603:
    So generally, venom is in an animal and poison would be manmade?

Except plants can be poisonous. I think it's more the method. Venom is injected, poison is absorbed or eaten. Does that make sense? 

• Venom is what is injected when an animal/insect bites something (think snake bite). Poison is something external that kills the animal/insect (ex: rat poison)

"Most of the important things in the world have been accomplished by people who have kept on trying when there seemed to be no hope at all." -- Dale Carnegie
    "Our greatest weakness lies in giving up. The most certain way to succeed is always to try just one more time." --Thomas A. Edison
  • I always remember it as if it bites you and you get sick, it's venomous.  If you bite it and you get sick, it's poisonous.
    Married 08.19.06 ~ DS 9.30.11 ~ Baby #2 EDD 11.28.18

• imagescarlettoctober:
    I always remember it as if it bites you and you get sick, it's venomous.nbsp; If you bite it and you get sick, it's poisonous.

Ha! I like it. Thanks!!!
  • imageNita2603:
    imagescarlettoctober:
    I always remember it as if it bites you and you get sick, it's venomous.nbsp; If you bite it and you get sick, it's poisonous.
    Ha! I like it. Thanks!!!

Glad I could be of service!

Married 08.19.06 ~ DS 9.30.11 ~ Baby #2 EDD 11.28.18

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"