1st Trimester

Bottomless Pit! Just me?

I don't remember eating like this when I was pregnant with my daughter but goodness can I eat! I am always hungry and when i'm not eating I feel sick. I ate terribly last night. I actually had a large combo at a fast food place and then about an hour later I had 2 slices of pizza at a birthday party! I wanted to beat myself up for eating so terribly. I can't keep this up or i'm gonna gain too much (i gained just the right amount with my first child). So I went and got healthier groceries this morning and within 2 hours I have had a bowl of cereal and 2 bananas. At the moment i'm not hungry but I can see myself being hungry agin in an hour or 2 and getting sick if I don't eat then. Ugh. I'm only 7 weeks. It just doesn't seem right. This was not me with my daughter. Am I the only one so early in that just can't seem to get enough food?

Edit: Anyone know how to get the sigs off? I deleted them (or thoguht) but still showing up. I had a second pregnancy but lost the baby very early on (this is my third pregnancy). So in my sig it says i'm 23 weeks but that's false.

BabyFetus Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: Bottomless Pit! Just me?

• I just got a BFP an hour ago so this my first post!! :)

Funny that you mention feeling like a bottomless pit...I was JUST telling DH last weekend that I was STARVING even though I had just eaten lunch an hour earlier. I joked that it's the same way I felt when I was PG with DS.

Your body is working hard even if it doesn't feel like it...fuel that fire!

imageimageimage

• I feel sick if I don't eat often enough. It is really hard when it comes to lunch/dinner time because nothing sounds good but I know that is only because I am hungry. At work I am not always able to snack, I am starving right now and just thinking about it makes me gag!
    BabyFruit Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Not sure what to do about siggies...and sorry to hear. :(  

That being said, totes bottomless pit, but what really stinks is what might sound good at the grocery store or a few days ago does not mean it will sound good when the time comes. So i'm eating a bunch of random stuff, and dumping LOTS of leftovers.  Which really makes me frustrated, as I'm trying to be careful calorie and budget-wise, but face it, if we don't feel like something, we REALLY don't feel like eating something. And then there's the random OMG, i'll DIE if i don't get a bag of doritos RIGHT NOW. 

• That sucks. I am having the opposit problem, I am not queasy or sick feeling but I just do not seem to have an appeatite (sp?). Don't worry about it too much though.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Anniversary
  • I'm totally in the bottomless pit category, it's really the only symptom I've had.  I try to eat healthy snacks but that's just not what I want most of the time.  And I'm always ALWAYS hungry, even after eating a big lunch or dinner I'm starving an hour later.  So it goes.  Like I say, I'm trying to eat healthy where I can but I'm not going to beat myself up if I'm pigging out on junk sometimes.  I know from my last pregnancy that further along, late second and into third tri, the baby will take up so much room and prevent me from eating very much at all, so I know it'll all even out in the end. 

imageimage

Married August 2012. Me: 41  DH: 42 
    Daughter from previous marriage: 20

BFP 12/19/12: Ectopic discovered at 8 weeks, right tube removed 01/18/13
    June 2013 Testing Results: Progesterone: 31.7, LH: 5, FSH: 5, Estradiol: 161
    Clomid cycles Nov. 2013 and Jan, Feb, and March 2014

TTC journey over as of the end of October 2014

TTCAL BLOG

All ALers welcome!

• Try eating more protein. Cereal and bananas are pretty "carby" and I would be hungry in an hour too. :) Protein helps a lot.

Like...peanut butter on a spoon. Not that I have done that or anything. ;)

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • imagegrace_smith03:

Not sure what to do about siggies...and sorry to hear. :(  

That being said, totes bottomless pit, but what really stinks is what might sound good at the grocery store or a few days ago does not mean it will sound good when the time comes. So i'm eating a bunch of random stuff, and dumping LOTS of leftovers.  Which really makes me frustrated, as I'm trying to be careful calorie and budget-wise, but face it, if we don't feel like something, we REALLY don't feel like eating something. And then there's the random OMG, i'll DIE if i don't get a bag of doritos RIGHT NOW. 

same thing for me!! I bought fresh veggies because they looked so good at the store and now everything is going bad because I just don't feel like eating it.  Going with frozen next time.  

also I'm EXTREMELY hungry every two hours like clockwork no matter how much I ate two hours before 

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Super hungry!  I fell like all I've been doing today is eating!  It comes and goes though, yesterday my stomach was not growling as much as it is today.
    BabyFetus Ticker 10/2010-Missed M/C at 12weeks. Baby was 8-9weeks Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Christmas card photo2012_edited-1
  • I am the same way and I am 8 weeks. I feel like its too son to be constantly hungry no? I did the same thing the other day I went to a burger place for lunch and when I got back from lunch I ate the fruit that I brought for lunch lol As soon as I hear someone at work mention a yummy place to eat my whole crave changes if it sounds good. I have been making sure I eat mostly fruit and veggies throughout the day when i snack since my big meals aren't to healthy but i am working on that lol 
  • OMG i want hot sauce on everything to but then when i take a bite its gross! the other day i made this nice yummy looking taco salad took a bite and was loving it! i forgot my hot sauce so i added and took another bite and all of a sudden didn't want that anymore. Does that happen to you? Your craving things you normally love but when you eat it, its just not right? 
  • Up until a few days ago I felt so sick all the time I barely ate, and it was only carbs with maybe peanut butter. Today I woke up at 5am starving and have been eating every hour since I got up!!! Still not eating everything but at least my palette is expanding. I have had at least two snacks since lunch 2 hours ago and am still hungry. This is absurd!
    image   image
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"