Babies: 0 - 3 Months
Options

FF - Need Advice

Hi - 

My little one is a FF baby.  We started her out on enfamil newborn at the recommendation of our pediatrician.  We kept her on this for about 4.5 weeks and after discussing with the ped we switched her to enfamil gentlease - she was very gassy.  it has been about a week and a half since she has been on the gentlease and I don't think its going well.  She is spitting up more and more, is very constipated and gassy - often screaming in pain. 

I have a call into my ped to find out what to do - I am thinking of switching to a soy based formula but was curious if others have experienced something similar and what you did.   

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

Re: FF - Need Advice

• Options
    Switched DD to soy formula at 3 weeks by advice of pedi for blood in DD's poop.  She took a few days to poop after the switch was made and goes less frequently then she did before plus her poop is now green.  She's done fine on it.  Soy can also be less gassy because it doesn't bubble as much when you mix it.
  • Options
    Is she crying when she spits up? Could be reflux. We put my LO on Gentlease and she was still fussy. Turned out she has reflux. We got her on zantec and she is a new baby. Still spits up alot, but no more fussiness. 
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    We tried the same formulas with our little guy before switching to Simalac Sensitive.  He's like a different baby now.  He still spits up, which is totally normal, but at least I don't have to change his outfit four times a day now!  I'd definitely try switching brands.  Good luck!
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    imageDaisy622:

Hi - 

My little one is a FF baby.  We started her out on enfamil newborn at the recommendation of our pediatrician.  We kept her on this for about 4.5 weeks and after discussing with the ped we switched her to enfamil gentlease - she was very gassy.  it has been about a week and a half since she has been on the gentlease and I don't think its going well.  She is spitting up more and more, is very constipated and gassy - often screaming in pain. 

I have a call into my ped to find out what to do - I am thinking of switching to a soy based formula but was curious if others have experienced something similar and what you did.   

We had this problem too with enfamil newborn and gentlease.  We even tried soy and she got so constipated I had to take LO to the emergency room because she tore her anus straining to get out the poop.  I had been given 8 containers of Similac Advance powder and thought what the heck lets try it.   

It worked!!!  We have been on it for 1.5 months and she is doing great.  Still a bit gassy but otherwise fine.  Our pedi told us that different brands have different amounts of the ingredients.  For us it was a matter of switching brands. 

Good luck.  Let us know what the pedi says.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker image image image
  • Options
    no crying when she spits up but extremely cranky and gassy....she is a good eater it just kills me to see her so uncomfortable and screaming/grunting.  Ped called back and i missed her....we may be trying a different brand this weekend.....
  • Options
    You should ask the doc about reflux. My baby didn't have the typical reflux signs but was fussy after eating and spit up a lot and forcefully. It would come out of her nose. Zantac has been great for her. I don't remember why but the pediatricians at our office don't recommend soy based formulas. I really wish I remembered why. Sorry.
  • Options
    this is horrible, she ate 30 min ago and has just been screaming non stop - she appears to be in pain.  i dont know what to do about it between now and tomorrow am.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"